Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do I reinstall a decoder?? help!!! by Will Schuitman
how do I reinstall a decoder I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere I need to know this information specifically about windows vista beta2 build 5384 not XP my decoder has become currupted somehow I just need to know where it's located and how to extract it form the vista dvd and reinstall it does anyone know how to do this ?? or has anyone had this prob and fixed it ?? I don't really...
September 10th 06 12:51 AM
by Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT] Go to last post
3 563
low memory when trying to play dvd's by JBejarano
I recently developed a problem with trying to play dvd's using either Media Player or Media Center in Vista beta 2. If I try to play them with Media Player, I get a "low memory" error. If I try it in Media Center, it does nothing at all. I must admit it has been a couple of weeks since the last time I tried to play a dvd, but up until today, I had no problems playing them. I tried restoring...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 10th 06 01:09 AM
by JBejarano Go to last post
15 852
Help !!! Burning a DVD from a CD by jcheyne
Can anyone please tell me how to copy or burn a DVD from a CD ? I am trying to copying a power point presentation from a CD to a DVD, so it can be viewed by a group on TV.
September 10th 06 06:19 AM
by Jonty Go to last post
1 537
Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder by Jason Quintana
I am having the exact some problem. Quite annoying!! "Daniel Halawi" wrote: Is anyone experienced the above problem.... I have large amounts of different format videos in my video folder, whenever I try to go into the folder, no matter which way, either via explorer, or via windows media, I always get a crash, windows seems to be tryin to thumbnail the videos but fails and...
September 10th 06 07:47 AM
by Jason Quintana Go to last post
0 598
unable to view jpeg images by LeeG
Hi all, I have some pictures saved on an Xp partition that I am trying to view in vista. I get the message that the image cannot be loaded. This also applies to bitmaps on the same partition. I have granted permission to access the folder that the images are stored in.
September 10th 06 08:50 AM
by LeeG Go to last post
0 550
Vista RC1 MCE by carawan
Why in Media Center (build 5600) in libraries no added DVD movies from a hard disk? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...
September 10th 06 11:45 AM
by carawan Go to last post
0 521
Vista RC1 MCE by carawan
Why in Media Center (build 5600) in libraries no added DVD movies from a hard disk?
September 10th 06 11:46 AM
by carawan Go to last post
0 573
Media Center and ADS Instant HDTV by iam bennu
What is the maximum number of tuners that Media Center will work with. I have two ADS InstanHDTV cards that both have one analog cable and one digital tuner on the card. I have only been able to pull in digital over the air HD stations in Media Center. Is it possible to pull in the analog cable also. Does anyone have any experience with this card. I am running Vista RC1. iam bennu
September 11th 06 12:23 AM
by iam bennu Go to last post
0 536
wmp11 crashing in rc1 by A*
Windows Media Player 11 in Vista RC1 (5600) keeps crashing, randomly... in the middle of a song! It is very annoying... Does anyone have a fix? This didn't happen in Beta 2.
September 11th 06 02:05 AM
by A* Go to last post
0 524
error message C00D1236 by katt331
I'm getting error message C00D1236 while trying to synch music to my iRiver. It never happened with previous versions of WMP. And I don't have hidden files. Thanks
September 11th 06 04:36 PM
by katt331 Go to last post
0 601
error message C00D1236 by katt331
Hi: I'm getting error message C00D1236 with WMP 11. It never happened with previous versions. I cannot synch music to my iRiver. I don't have any hidden files checked. Thanks
September 11th 06 04:38 PM
by katt331 Go to last post
0 742
VLC and Media Player Classic by naters22
Every time I try to watch any kind of video (DVD, AVI, MPG) in either VLC or Media Player Classic, Aero unloads and the basic theme loads. It switches back after stopping the media, but it is getting rather annoying. Why can WMP 11 play these video files without a hitch but VLC and MPC cause Vista to drop Aero?
September 11th 06 06:02 PM
by Phillip Pi Go to last post
4 642
Media Center not working in RC1 by Greg King
I have installed RC1 x64 (clean install) and the media center won't work. I get a black screen and it essentially freezes. Any thoughts? -- Greg King
September 12th 06 03:39 PM
by Josh Gebbeken Go to last post
1 554
C00D272F by katt331
I'm trying to synch music to my iRiver H10 and every time I get error code C00D272F. I restored my media licenses, but still get same error code. I'm using WMP10. I rolled back from WMP11 because I eas getting another error code(C00D1236 ). Please help. Thanks
September 12th 06 04:57 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
1 630
Surround Sound with wmp 11? by Phil
Have got my X-FI card working with Creatives beta drivers under RC1 (after a lot of hassles) and if I go to somewhere like http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/domorewith/sursoshowcase.aspx and run their Latin or world beat demos, I get full 5.1 surround sound working fine. But if I follow the link at the bottom of the page to the `Coral reef Adventure` which says...
September 12th 06 08:23 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 560
Surround sound probs with WMP 11 and RC1 by Phil
Have finally got my X-FI card working using beta 2 drivers from Creatives site. If I go to somewhere like http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/domorewith/sursoshowcase.aspx and try their Latin or World Beat sound demos, 5.1 surround works fine. But if I run the Coral Reef Adventure which is a HD video, according to MS I should get this in 5.1, but I'm only getting stereo.
September 12th 06 08:34 PM
by Phil Go to last post
2 574
WMV-HD files from microsoft has no video by Tony
I've just got windows vista RC1 installed and was trying to play those WMV-HD files off of the windowsmedia HD demo site. Specifically I tried the amazon and step into liquid videos. The files play with sound but no video!! Whats going on? I have a AGP Nvidia 7600GS video card using the default drivers off the windows install, connected to a LCD using DVI. The nvidia drivers 96.33 has...
September 12th 06 10:31 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 558
Removing old Windows XP installation after upgrade to Vista? Possi by BJones
Is is possible or safe to simply delete the old Windows "backup" files after a successful upgrade, or are they still somehow required by Vista? If possible, can I just delete them in Explorer, or is there some other method? Thanks in advance.
September 13th 06 12:54 AM
by BJones Go to last post
1 634
Play DVD--- No sound and low quality by 電腦初學者
Windows Vista do not need install any decoder is a good function. But I cannot hear any sound while playing DVD. On the other hand, the quality is poor than Windows XP. **I have been installed sound card and display card driver normally and run normally in other program**
September 13th 06 08:07 AM
by 電腦初學者 Go to last post
0 481
Play DVD --- no sound and poor quality by 電腦初學者
Windows Vista do not need install any decoder is a good function. But I cannot hear any sound while playing DVD. On the other hand, the quality is poor than Windows XP. **I have been installed sound card and display card driver normally and run normally in other program**
September 13th 06 08:07 AM
by 電腦初學者 Go to last post

From The