Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage USB Soundcards by Don Lindbergh
Has anybody tried one of these with Vista?
September 13th 06 08:32 PM
by Don Lindbergh Go to last post
0 513
Upgrade directX10: do you need it by Hank Keleher
Vista already has directx 10 installed by default. "Jako007" wrote in message ... I have the windows Vista installed. Also the new flight simulator. For the best performence i wonder of i would install directX10. My video card is not the newest one. It is a Ati Readon a think 9200 with 128mb...
September 14th 06 07:33 AM
by Jako007 Go to last post
1 513
USB soundcard with AC3/DTS SPDIF Pass through by Don Lindbergh
Anybody know of/using a USB sound card with Vista that does ac3/dts pass through via spdif?
September 14th 06 04:55 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 591
Play DVD---Have video but no sound. And quality is bad by 電腦初學者
Windows Vista --- Media Player do not need install any decoder.(It is a good function) But I cannot hear any sound. (** I have adjust all sound bar.**) Other program can play sound normally. Is the decoder problem? ----------------- The qualily is worse than Windows XP Media Player 9 when I play DVD. (My sound card and display card driver have been installed and run normally.)
September 15th 06 12:54 AM
by Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT] Go to last post
3 561
WMP 11 beta2 by DiDo FRGT/10
I've installed WMP11 beta2, and there's no quick access panel still!!! Guys is it really that hard to add this great component!! Please add it in the full version, if you don't know wht um talkin about, it's like ^ button in the "Revert" skin.. Plzzz add it.. On both full size view and mini player.. Plzzzzz.. And don't group albums and artists as in the revert skin.. And give the ability to...
September 15th 06 05:36 AM
by Clever Go to last post
3 491
Vista RC1 Media Center will not playback many video files... by BJones
Does anyone else find it odd that even after installing all required codecs enabling playback of various video formats in Media Player 11, that Media Center still refuses to play back the same files and complains of missing codecs? Doesn't Media Center use the Media Player components for playback? Isn't there any built in functionality in Media Center to download codecs as required? I'm...
September 15th 06 06:16 AM
by Just Bob Go to last post
2 520
Sluggish Audio playback by Arktik
First of all computer specs: Nvidia 6800 Ge-force 512mb video card AMD Athlon 3500+ Sound Blaster Audigy 4 2 Gigs of DDR 3200 Ram 160GB SATA Hard Drive latest vista drivers for major hardware
September 15th 06 10:36 AM
by Arktik Go to last post
0 509
Changing default location of My Pictures by sghice
I want to Change the default location of My pictures in particular and MY documents in general. The reason for this is that I installed Vista RC1 on a small but fast SATA drive only 36gb size but its 10k rpm so very fast and Vista is very responsive on it. The problem is that in my XP I have over 100gb in My Documents over 70gb are just my photos. So basically I want to change the link...
September 15th 06 12:24 PM
by sghice Go to last post
3 487
WMP 11 .wma files and DRM by Patrick
Hello. Awhile back I saw a post from someone, I believe his name was "MICHAEL". He had stated that he had paid lots of money for downloaded music and could not get the .wma files to play in Vista, and that WMP no longer allows for the backup and restoration of licenses. There is this program out there that will take care of your problem. Microsoft has already tried several times to beat...
September 15th 06 01:55 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
3 654
NEF & RAW Thumnail Viewer by joebroke
Is there a Vista NEF & Raw thumnail viewer or a workaround with .Net Framwork? If I try to install .net Framwork 3 RC1 I get an error saying "You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install cor configure Microsoft .NET Framwork 3.0." when I do that it doesn't help. Any suggestions. I have already looked...
September 15th 06 06:46 PM
by joebroke Go to last post
0 1,079
RC1, Creative Audigy 1, AC3/DTS Pass Through Via SPDIF, Creative Vista Beta Driver 2.10.0000 by Don Lindbergh
Can anyone running RC1 with an Audigy 1 card confirm they can get ac3/dts pass through via spdif using the Creative Vista Beta Driver 2.10.0000?
September 15th 06 09:28 PM
by mikwiz Go to last post
1 548
Malformed .avi files cause explorer to use 100% of processor time. by Loraksus
Just like in 98, 2000, XP and 2K3 server. Unfortunately, the previous "solution" of deleting HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler or the MS hotfix mentioned in this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822430 doesn't work (partially because there "shellex" isn't there anymore) Deleting the registry keys under .avi and rebooting does...
September 16th 06 07:07 AM
by Loraksus Go to last post
0 557
vista 5536 mce No TV signal by Chris
hey i got build 5536 installed today and thought i might try the TV part of the new vista media center. alls fine in the setup until i get to setting up the tv signal, it just cant find any channels. i know there avaliable because it works in XP on the same machine. it also appears to have downloaded the guide fine to. any suggestions? chris
September 16th 06 01:24 PM
by Richard Truran Go to last post
3 529
MSN Music UK Mediabar by tgwallbank
Just wondered if anyone had managed to get the MSN Music Mediabar to open in RC1. I'm sure it worked in Beta 2 but I cannot get it to install in this build and you cannot stream music without it.
September 16th 06 05:13 PM
by tgwallbank Go to last post
0 539
Classical music videos? by Patrick Jovell
I am looking for classical piano video sites and I managed to publish some material at http://www.jovellvideos.tk Evidently this site is a youtube resource. Are there other good classical music video resources on the Internet? The Swedish Chef
September 16th 06 06:04 PM
by Patrick Jovell Go to last post
0 574
Vista and DVD Ripping Software by Mary Salvail
I am running Windows Vista RC1 and the DVD ripper that I was using no longer works. I need a program that will let me rip separate episodes off of my purchased DVDs of TV shows and convert them to DivX so I can put them on my laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
September 16th 06 06:37 PM
by Mary Salvail Go to last post
0 544
sound setup problems by Jake
hi im jake i got on msn the other day after installing windows vista RC1 and i tried to setup my microphone but as as it got to it my screen went blue with all these codes and what not the it shut down and restarted so i tried again and the same thing happened then i tested other sound items and i kept on getting the blue screen so if any one has any ideas on whats causing this please...
September 16th 06 07:06 PM
by Jake Go to last post
0 550
Using Vista RC1 on a domain, an XBOX 360 Extender and Network Shar by beowulfs
Well, here goes. I'm going to document what it has taken me to get the MCE component of Vista working on my PC and on my XBOX 360. Step 1. Change to domain. Step 2. Add Library to Media Center on Domain Share. Step 3. Add XBOX 360 as MCX. Step 4.
September 16th 06 07:08 PM
by beowulfs Go to last post
0 724
TV out by Pumori
Hi, how configure TVout options (PAL, screen size, etc) under vista with an integrated Intel 945gm chip set??? Actual vista driver (microsoft driver) has no TVout options?!
September 16th 06 10:00 PM
by Pumori Go to last post
2 669
Windows Photo Gallery is spazzing out by Roof Fiddler
After copying 6440 jpeg and bmp pictures (about 3.5GB) in 347 directories from a DVD-R to my Pictures folder, I opened Windows Photo Gallery and selected All Pictures and Videos. It showed in the bottom-left corner "8485 items", which is way more than all my pictures, even including the sample pictures and videos that come with Vista. That 8485 then spontaneously began counting down! After...
September 16th 06 10:50 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post

From The