Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Also Problem with Thumbnail view (Windows Vista) by Nicole
I try to view pictures on a CD using the Explorer (Windows Vista). I have found out that you can change the size of the thumbnail but all I get is a picture of the programm. I have also cleared the checkbox next to "Always show icons, never thumbnails" as well. However, nothing changed. What else do I need to do in order to view the pictures on my CD rather than having to open each picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 27th 09 03:30 PM
by 55NickS Go to last post
22 323
Thumbnails won't display in folder view by ruddervader
My thumbnails won't display correctly in folder view. I have recovered from Adware-Alert attack and feel my machine is clean ( Ran Malwarebytes Anti Malware, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D, Smitfraudfix and Spyware DR.) My antivirus is F-prot for Windows. I can't set a picture as desktop background but it's because I can't see the picture in the browse folder. If I move the cursor over the browse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 09 01:50 PM
by ruddervader Go to last post
21 467
Vista firewire problems by CCT
I am trying to download video from my Sony TRV-310 handicam using firewire to my new Vista laptop. Vista does not see my camera. However when I plug the same camera and firewire cable into an older computer with XP sp2, it works fine. This is very perplexing. I've seen others with the same problem though with different camcorders and no one seems to have an answer. Is there anyway to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 09 03:21 PM
by dburek151 Go to last post
21 643
Opening multiple files by Perico de los Palotes
Hi, all. I hope I am in the correct group. I have Vista and Adobe Photoshop configured to open picture files. I am trying to open several files (jpg) at the same time, selecting them and using the File-Open option. Problem is, that option now only works with up to 15 files; it disappears with 16 or more. Same with the "Open With" option. This was not a problem with XP. Does anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 8th 08 05:08 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
21 361
media changing delays when changing tracks by cozzie2
When changing tracks in windows media player 11 a message comes up on the bottom left of the player saying media changing, and it takes about ten seconds to change tracks. Can you make it so there's no delay between tracks when you skip them? If so how?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 17th 07 02:34 AM
by BK Go to last post
21 318
DVD Maker Crashing..Win vista Patch. Cyberlink Power DVD version 7 by maggiemay
I have seen on this discussion group somewhere that installing a winvista patch 2211a and a cyberlink power dvd version 7 will help with the DVD Maker crashing problems that seem to be VERY common. Where can I find this patch and does it cost $$$ ? I can import my movies into movie maker, then place them in the story board with transitions/credits with no problems. I try to view the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 13th 07 06:36 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
21 205
Windows Media Player- Vista home Premium by Celine
Just got Vista OS and realised that the music played on the media player jerks for a few seconds at the end. It can't be the songs as i tried playing it on i tunes and it was fine. I also can't seem uninstall the programme Please help!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 18th 07 11:06 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
21 294
Vista’s Windows Photo Gallery – Importing Pictures by Nailz_Arizona
Hello Everyone, I have a question and hopefully someone can help. I used to use IrfanView with XP but with Vista I am (or trying to) use the built-in Photo Gallery. The issue I am having is that when I import images from my camera via a memory card, I no longer have an option to select say a few files, give them a file name / tag. Instead, Vista just names ALL of the images that are being...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 9th 08 11:08 PM
by operaflute Go to last post
21 354
Movie Maker has stop working - MS technical support doesn't help by smtwu
I had this "Windows Movie Maker has stop working" error message when I tried to publish the video or add transitions between video clips. I saw the solution from MS technical support page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923122 I followed the instruction and removed all video filters, but there problem was still there...... :( Any idea??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 29th 07 05:30 PM
by htopper15 Go to last post
21 314
WMP 11 Stuttering by Toast
Whenever I play any audio, ANY audio (Windows sounds, DVDs, CDs, music in my library), the sound always stutters, as if it's being chopped up. I need help on this, please. Windows Vista Home Premium, upgraded from XP SP2 WMP 11 with no add-ons Vista is updated fully No special graphics on at the time (Aero, Sidebar disabled)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 07 10:08 PM
by Shitsui No Hito Go to last post
21 369
No Audio Output Device is Installed. by Chanderjeet Rai
I clean installed VISTA RC 2 Built 5744 on a dell 745 optiplex. It does not play sound on in-built speaker and gives me "No Audio Output Device is Installed." message when you hover your mouse over the audio volume icon in system tray. When i right click on it and check Playback devices, it shows: "Speaker High Definition Audio Device Not plugged in" And its grayed out. But when i plug in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 09 10:55 PM
by Tateman1225 Go to last post
21 741
vista media player media library doesn't index my mp3 files by Tom
I have 3000 songs on my harddrive. The media library in windows xp sp2 index all those mp3 files automatically for me after I put in the monitoring path in the setting menu. But the media library doesn't index my songs even I have put in the correct monitoring path. It works fine with less songs(e.g. 10) if i copy them to a different floder. But I think media player should work for 3000...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 07 03:13 AM
by Dale Go to last post
21 314
MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER by GREG THOMAS 07
I HAVE 140 SLIDES WITH MUSIC THAT I WANT TO BURN A DVD THAT I CAN PLAY ON MY DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV. WHEN I AM ABOUT TO BURN MY DVD, I FIND IN THE PREVIEW THAT ONLY ABOUT 8 PICTURES ARE INCLUDED. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE DROPPING OUT. ALL 140 WERE REVIEWED PRIOR TO PUBLISHING MOVIE. THE DVD-R HAS 4.7 GB OF MEMORY BUT THAT APPARENTLY IS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THE PICTURES...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 08 09:26 PM
by GREG THOMAS 07 Go to last post
20 530
Volume too low in VISTA by casey511
Hi, The audio volume on vista is too low. How can I increase the volume on Windows Vista. It doesn't matter what device (medium) using. Can not increase volume loud enough no matter what the format. Just got Vista pc few days back. Today, had to turn full volume on volume icon in start bar, as well as turn
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 3rd 09 10:34 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
20 351
AVI video's that played in XP wont play in Vista - workaround. by Pat Riley
Apparently Microsoft has "disabled" older codec's which prevents certain AVI's from playing in Vista. If you have Indeo 3.1x AVI's this hack might be useful. Ironically, Microsoft shipped with Vista all three dll's (the codec) needed to play Indeo 3.1x AVI's, so only this registry key is required to enable them. Intel Indeo was sold to Ligos. Ligos states the following: "the 3.x video...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 08 05:50 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
20 281
Codecs??? by stumu
I have a Motorola razr V9 phone with moto phone tools software. Can't transfer pix or music from computer to phone without getting codec missing message. Been to wmplugins and can't get any info on proper codec for WMP11 Vista 32 codec files. Not real savey on aquiring proper codec and installing. Any info and direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Stumu
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 08 06:01 PM
by pbclown Go to last post
20 494
DENIED ACCESS to my music by jasmineleanne06
I cant get into my music to make sure all my music files are there... I keep getting an error message that says "You do not currently have permission to access this folder. Click continue to get access to the folder." Then I click Continue. Then it says "You have been denied permission to access the folder." Can someone please tell me what I need to do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 07 02:39 AM
by kylobs Go to last post
20 199
Encoding problems DVD Maker by Shax
Using windows movie maker, then publishing the project to burn to DVD in "DVD maker", at the encoding stage the process doesn't go past 20.4% I also at one stage had an error message saying "catastrophic failure" can anyone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 08 03:33 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
19 271
"Media Center has stopped working" by Greg Kittridge
I have a brand new computer, Dell XPS 410, which came with Vista Ultimate 32-bit preinstalled. For the first couple days, Media Center worked fine and as intended. It should be noted that I am not using Media Center with any TV-tuner cards, i am just trying play music and, hopefully, set it up with my xbox-360. The problem started about a week after receiving my computer. When I start up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 08 05:07 PM
by marcopolo Go to last post
19 357
itunes and vista? by zsmith28
Are those of you using itunes able to update your ipods? I'm using itunes 6 and it crashed when i attach my ipod. I am going to upgrade to itunes 7 tonight but was just wondering if people have had success in updating ipods on vista. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 07 08:06 PM
by Linda H Go to last post

From The