Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY by Peter[_35_]
My Vista was doing it's normal updates and I looked at the Live Essentials and I said "What the heck, I'll try Them" I have not been able to use Windows Live Photo Gallery as of yet. When I want to open a picture, an error box comes up saying "An error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed." The version of this software is 2009 Bulid 14.0.8081.709. Any help with this would be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 09 10:27 AM
by Peter[_35_] Go to last post
10 896
Windows Media Player won't start by Steve Paddock
I have recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium. For some reason, it now seems to be pot luck whether whether Windows Media Player will start or not. When it refuses to start I have tried everything down to double-clicking the wmplayer .exe file. Not a flicker and no error messages are displayed. When it does start I have full functionality until again, it refuses. I have tried after cold and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 6th 09 02:18 AM
by Cody2156 Go to last post
32 874
Recommend useful tools for iPod/iPhone users by jasmine0017
For all the iPod/iPhone users, today I’d like to share two software which will make your digital life much cooler and easier! '*Tipard iPod Transfer Pro*' (http://www.macdvdtoiphone.com/ipod-transfer-pro.html), '*Tipard iPhone Transfer*' (http://www.macdvdtoiphone.com/iphone-transfer.html), both of them are all the professional software designed for the iPod/iPhone users. The following guides...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 9th 09 08:56 AM
by sophiaws0[_13_] Go to last post
39 859
low memory when trying to play dvd's by JBejarano
I recently developed a problem with trying to play dvd's using either Media Player or Media Center in Vista beta 2. If I try to play them with Media Player, I get a "low memory" error. If I try it in Media Center, it does nothing at all. I must admit it has been a couple of weeks since the last time I tried to play a dvd, but up until today, I had no problems playing them. I tried restoring...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 10th 06 01:09 AM
by JBejarano Go to last post
15 856
Vista...? Proceed with caution! by ChrisM
Not sure how much of this is true, but I believe most of it is, and even if only 1/4 is true, it's enough to make me think twice or even thrice about going anywhere near Vista for a long time yet... http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt Executive Summary ----------------- Windows Vista includes an extensive reworking of core OS elements in order
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 07 11:55 PM
by Alias Go to last post
38 854
Has anything change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam for Vista? by JDR
I wonder whether anything has change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam, since this post appeared in August? Do the vendors / producers of Logitech webcams do have drivers for Vista ready? Thanks =============== Try the XP drivers - that is how I use my Pro 4000. -- Richard Hay
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 06 05:13 AM
by V McGhee Go to last post
14 834
Save Old DVDs to Computer by C and A Bredt
I had some of my old family movie reels put onto DVDs. I read that they need to be re-burned every few years to keep them from deteriorating. True? When I look at them with Windows Explorer, there is a folder = VIDEO_TS, that contains files with extensions = BUP, IFO, VOB. Can I save them on my computer then later re-burn them to DVDs for storage?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 09 01:24 AM
by siblis Go to last post
15 823
Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio by Barryware
When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio. Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online media all play with sound. It is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 09 05:50 AM
by Self-Taught Old Guy Go to last post
17 775
Can't drag clips to timeline/storyboard - Movie Maker by Trevor[_7_]
I am trying to edit a video file as I have done hundreds of times before using movie maker, but I can't drag clips to the timeline/storyboard any more. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
May 4th 10 08:07 PM
by Trevor[_7_] Go to last post
0 762
Lost Sample Picture Yosemite Valley by bdenegar
Hi, I'm new here and I hope someone can help. I lost the Sample Picture Yosemite Valley from my 64 bit Vista Home Premium. I checked this site plus many others without success. Could someone email me a copy or direct me to a site where I might download it. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks -- bdenegar
May 1st 10 01:27 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
4 758
Can't play an AVI file in Vista with WMP11 by bartman
This file will open and play in MS Player 10 with XP, but not in version 11 with Vista. Gspot told me no codec was required, but this can't be the case. I get a black screen. I assume the audio works, but since these are silent files I only speculate on this since the time bar moves. Vista seems to be missing the ATI YUV9 codecs, but why are they there in version 10 and not 11? If this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 9th 08 01:56 PM
by bartman Go to last post
46 757
How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF andconvert other popular video and audio even HD video by kankan ll
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-converter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add?" button to...
May 7th 10 07:53 AM
by kankan ll Go to last post
0 752
Vista Media Center A/V Codec Support (XVID, DIVX, etc) in RC1 by AHeber
Anyone have any luck installing video codecs such as XVID, DIVX, etc., on Vista RC1? Similar to Media Center 2005, the codecs will install and operate fine under Media Player 11 from the normal shell, but are not recognized by media player within Media Center. This was a very frustrating issue with MCE 2005 (codecs not used universally by media player in and out of Media Center). Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 09 09:21 AM
by nichhit25 Go to last post
11 750
Sequential photo listing by thxheynow
When i have a folder of photos in an order i want and do a select all and rename the first pic to (1) why does vista take it upon itself to change the order and scramble the pics into some illogical order???!! SO if i had pics of a house being built one would be a concrete slab the next ends up being shingling the roof as pic two.... it doesnt make sense. I have been burning my pics onto a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 24th 08 02:40 AM
by Dave Go to last post
24 747
error message C00D1236 by katt331
Hi: I'm getting error message C00D1236 with WMP 11. It never happened with previous versions. I cannot synch music to my iRiver. I don't have any hidden files checked. Thanks
September 11th 06 04:38 PM
by katt331 Go to last post
0 745
I can't change the track information on some mp3 files in vista by knicknack
I'm having a heck of a time trying to organize my music ever since I got a vista computer. I have an external hard drive with a lot of music on it, and also have been putting new music on it. When I try to change the track information (whether through explorer, winamp, or itunes) it won't let me do it on all files. For example: I have a folder containing an entire album, which I got from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 10 02:02 AM
by JB123456789 Go to last post
10 744
No Audio Output Device is Installed. by Chanderjeet Rai
I clean installed VISTA RC 2 Built 5744 on a dell 745 optiplex. It does not play sound on in-built speaker and gives me "No Audio Output Device is Installed." message when you hover your mouse over the audio volume icon in system tray. When i right click on it and check Playback devices, it shows: "Speaker High Definition Audio Device Not plugged in" And its grayed out. But when i plug in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 09 09:55 PM
by Tateman1225 Go to last post
21 744
DVD Maker - Issues found on first project by Dave Nuttall
My first attempt at burning a DVD with DVD Maker revealed a number of issues. The project was to put 8 episodes of Molto Mario on a DVD. Each episode was contained in an .mpg file of about 0.5GB. The video files were downloaded from a DirecTV TiVo, and therefore have a non-standard resolution of 480x480. I have manually built a DVD with these same episodes, and it works just fine - but it...
December 23rd 09 03:48 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
6 744
Microphone playback problems with vista. by meriones
I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to playback instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok. A common solution for this problem seems to be SoundPlaybackSpeakersPropertiesLevelsunmute the appropriate input. However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level adjustments for the speakers itself and nothing else.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 10 07:58 PM
by IPsquint Go to last post
18 727
media player 11 audio problems by mcdanme
i have windows media 11 with vista ultimate, and at the end of every single mp3 i have in my library the audio becomes choppy. it last for about 5 sec and then the audio plays normal again. i know it is not the files because they copy and play fine on portable music players etc. does anyone know how i can remedy this??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 08 05:10 PM
by siratcliffe Go to last post

From The