Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VCD iin Vista by Seref Unal
Doesn't Vista have VCD making feature, since it has dvd making capability? Seref Unal
September 16th 06 11:06 PM
by Seref Unal Go to last post
0 554
Almost no sounds in RC1 by Dagon
Most of the sound events are working as they should (if I'm in Explorer, IE or deleting from the Recycle Bin, etc.), however, the other stuff (minimize, maximize, menu pop-up, etc.) are not working despite having files associated with the events in the Sound Setup... any suggestions? They were working fine with pre-RC1 and Beta 2. Dagon
September 16th 06 11:36 PM
by Dagon Go to last post
0 551
Audio CDs Vista RC1 by scooteroz
Hi there anybody else having problems with Audio CDs in Vista RC1? I don't think I had the same problem in Beta 2. Basically all my audio CDs wont play all files on the CDs are shown as being 1k insize. When I try to play via Itunes the file plays for a second and then skips to the next file and then so on. When I try to play via media center or media player the files also wont play. All...
September 17th 06 01:03 AM
by scooteroz Go to last post
1 528
can't turn off welcome sound by willphase
ok so I've tried all the 'sounds' options - I've set them to 'no sounds' and I've looked through the registry for the key - I've even searched my harddisk for all the media files that it could be - but I can't turn off the welcome sound that comes on when I boot my PC (and before I logon) Can someone help me? I'm running 5600 Will
September 17th 06 09:54 AM
by willphase Go to last post
3 452
Can't download videos by zsmom76
When trying to play videos from MSN or Yahoo, all I get is a message saying that the video is loading. I have reloaded Windows XP - did not help. I have Weatherbug and the videos play from there. I have even contacted MSN help and they gave suggestions that have not given any results either. What else can it be?
September 17th 06 02:35 PM
by zsmom76 Go to last post
0 473
Unable to download RAW support in Windows Photo Gallery by Gunder
I run english Vista RC1. I get notifications that RAW support is available, but when I want to download it, I get the following URL: http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/ENFallback.asp?LangID=BadFormat&EXT=cr2 Has anybody had any luck with downloading RAW support?
September 17th 06 07:04 PM
by Colin Grant Go to last post
1 533
Video Editing Applications by Jo
Has anyone found a video editing application that will work in Vista to produce DVD videos or slideshows? So far both ULead and Roxio don't seem to work for me, and video editing and slideshow production are two important uses for my computer. Without that capability, I'll stick with XP.
September 17th 06 09:01 PM
by Colin Grant Go to last post
6 577
Photo Fix by Ignace
This one is annoying. When you Click Fix in Windows Photo Manager to retouch a photo and start trying some adjustments, but you decide to bail out. You just click on the red X of the window to leave without changes, right? Wrong, Windows SAVES your adjustments without warning or asking for confirmation! I screwed up a photo this way! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,...
September 19th 06 06:28 AM
by Loraksus Go to last post
1 540
422 chroma support by JO''H
The new beta for Vista (build 5600) seems to support 420 chroma MPEG2, but not 422. This is a shame as it prevents using broadcast quality MPEGs directly in both the player and the DVD burner. It would be very good if this could be fixed as it represents a jump on Quicktime. -- JO''H
September 19th 06 06:46 AM
by JO''H Go to last post
0 528
Sluggish Audio playback by Arktik
First of all computer specs: Nvidia 6800 Ge-force 512mb video card AMD Athlon 3500+ Sound Blaster Audigy 4 2 Gigs of DDR 3200 Ram 160GB SATA Hard Drive latest vista drivers for major hardware
September 19th 06 07:42 AM
by Jesper Hauge Go to last post
6 574
unable to run video files in media center or install pinnacle 8 by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM
i was attepting to view video from the online channels and the program tells me that there are files and applications missing from media center disalowing me to view any of the channels. i attempted to install pinnacle 8 and at first it said i could not install it without administrator permission. i was on the administrator account as its the only one on this system. i could not log into...
September 19th 06 07:50 PM
by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM Go to last post
0 536
unable to run video files in media center or install pinnacle 8 by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM
i was attepting to view video from the online channels and the program tells me that there are files and applications missing from media center disalowing me to view any of the channels. i attempted to install pinnacle 8 and at first it said i could not install it without administrator permission. i was on the administrator account as its the only one on this system. i could not log into...
September 19th 06 07:50 PM
by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM Go to last post
0 457
unable to run video files in media center or install pinnacle 8 by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM
i was attepting to view video from the online channels and the program tells me that there are files and applications missing from media center disalowing me to view any of the channels. i attempted to install pinnacle 8 and at first it said i could not install it without administrator permission. i was on the administrator account as its the only one on this system. i could not log into...
September 19th 06 07:51 PM
by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM Go to last post
0 474
problems saving photographs from the web in Windows vista RC1 by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM
i was attempting to transfer some photographs of myself from my yahoo profile onto a system i had just installed windows vista RC1 and the rightclick on photo and save picture as option is not working. it displays the option but has a ... after it and wont let me select it. allso the photo save controll icons that normaly apear over the top left corner of the image were allso not apearing....
September 19th 06 07:57 PM
by myrddinstarhawk Yahoo IM Go to last post
0 511
picture resizer by Achim Diergarten
In win XP I could resize my pictures. I miss this fuction in vista. Is there any possibilty to resize pictures again?
September 19th 06 08:51 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 569
No Remote by bigbw
I tried to setup the media center.. It finds my sat receiver, but I don't have a ir remote hooked to it, and it won't let me bypass this.. Is there any way around this..
September 19th 06 10:15 PM
by bigbw Go to last post
0 554
No Remote by bigbw
When I try and run the media center, it asks me for an IR remote and I don't have one connected.. Is there any way around this..
September 19th 06 10:43 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 577
Visual Effects - Blanking of Screen... by Screen Blanking and Flicker
I am using RC1 now and i notice that the screen blanks out out everytime i click on program or windows functions. Try to imagine inside a dark room where the light goes off an on. It hurts your eyes! It happens specially when you click on some functions and the O/S needs to pop-up the User Account Control window to ask for permission to execute the program. This rest of the windows are now...
September 20th 06 01:05 AM
by JJ Go to last post
1 554
Movie Maker/Video DVD by Colin Grant
Does anybody know how to manage chapters when burning a DVD? The burning software seems to make its own choice (splits a single video down into chapters/scenes) but I do not know what drives its selection process. If I did I could perhaps control the outcome - at the moment is seems that, if you want a start menu, you get chapters whether you want them or not and you cannot influence the...
September 20th 06 09:55 AM
by Colin Grant Go to last post
0 534
PowerDVD 5 by Flash
Intervideo WinDVD6 6 works fine! Installs and uninstalls without problems Other players tried:- Power DVD 5 & 6 installes with complaints, volume control messed up, CPU usage high, video playback jumpy uninstall problematic WinDVD 7 Install incomplete, No Audio, WILL NOT UINSTALL -- Visit my Pioneer Firmwares site http://flashman.rpc1.org Read my reviews at
September 21st 06 01:13 PM
by Flash Go to last post

From The