Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Media Player title animation in compact mode by Abdo
I am listening to an MMS stream through Windows Media Player. In compact mode, the title of WMP (and the title in the task bar) keeps animating and it drives me crazy. The animation goes away in full mode. Can you help me stop the title animation?
December 6th 07 01:56 AM
by Abdo Go to last post
0 149
Is DVD MAKER in home basic? by Abdul Ghafour
hi, i was just wondering if windows vista home basic has the new DVD MAKER. i have called microsoft two times and one time they told me it doesn't have it and the second time they said it does have it. Does anybody know if it is included with home basic?? Thanks
December 13th 06 04:15 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 85
Windows DVD maker "backround audio track for menu" problem by aberdeen5
When I add a backround audio track to the menu page of my Windows DVD maker it plays a continuious loop of about 10 seconds of the song. Is there a way to make it loop the entire song instead. NOTE, I was not talking about the "slideshow" option.
June 11th 08 06:32 PM
by aberdeen5 Go to last post
2 156
Windows movie maker by Abraham
I was able to burn dvd's of my projects on Windows movie maker, but now I can't. The dvd's can play the audio track but the screen is black, (no image). Can anyone help me please?
November 19th 07 08:45 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 162
Audio popping and crackling with Creative xMod by abrescia
I bought some months ago a Creative xMod sound card. I've got a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I hear some popping and crackling noise only when I watch video with Windows Media Player. VLC is also affected by the same problem, but if I set the video output to "Windows GDI" instead of "DirectX" the noise disappears.
June 14th 08 06:52 AM
by abrescia Go to last post
0 155
music folder indexing takes a lot of processing time by Abubakar[_3_]
Hi, I'm using vistal ultimate on a cor 2 duo 2.0ghz with 2 gb ram. I'v a music folder that has got about 3.3gb of music files and folders. Whenever I goto that folder to place a new album or song, vista starts the indexing process which slows down the pc. During that time its hard to even rename a song or change its attributes. I wanted to know if its possible to make that indexing thread...
June 26th 09 06:47 AM
by Abubakar[_3_] Go to last post
0 166
Media file types - can't reassign except one-by-one, manually. by abuck
I have spent the better part of an hour trying to reassign several file types to my 3rd party media player programs, and so far the only solution I have found is to manually reassign each file type by hand, which would take a ridiculous amount of time. Windows Media Player 11 does not seem to be uninstallable, furthering this issue. I am extremely tired of having to deal with this horrible...
August 3rd 07 09:59 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 87
Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista by Abyssnight
I do not even know why this is happening, but most of the time I use it, my vista locks up completely and I have to restart. I use Media Player Classic, since that doesn't kill my computer (It doesn't have the replay button =( ) but anyways, the really annoying part is that, sometimes it will kill my Vista and I have to reformat and reinstall, losing a lot of important data files, not to mention...
September 20th 08 08:46 AM
by zappaboss Go to last post
3 170
WMP 11 doesn't play fullscreen video (any) by ac7
Hi, I am using Windows Vista 32 bit, and I can't watch any video (either from file or from DVD) in fullscreen mode. I get a black screen with some audio. Is this a performance issue? # Processor Type : Intel Pentium-M 1.6 GHz # Chipset : Intel 855GM / ICH4-M # Memory : 1 GB
February 19th 07 11:04 PM
by ac7 Go to last post
6 151
batch converter for video files by ACarbonneau
I found a great converter to do mass updates of image files but cannot find a vista compatible batch converter for video files. Does anyone know of a good one? Thanks!
May 7th 07 02:29 PM
by ACarbonneau Go to last post
2 125
Images copied from my old computer are incorrectly rendered in vis by ACarbonneau
I just got a new computer preinstalled with vista premium home. I copied all my digital images from my bakup of my old coputer and they moved over without issue. When I look at the thumbnail, the images appears as it shoud for approx 5 secs then it replaces itself with a distorted, pixelated image that appears to be strpes of the original image. When I open the full size image it is...
May 5th 07 08:11 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 90
Media Player won't open? by ace
I have a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. For about a month after I bought it, all was working fine. Then Media Player stopped opening. I don't know what happened -- I can still open if I right-click and open as an administrator, but I still can't play any music or video files that I click on. The computer just sits there, I get that blue "thinking" ring for a fraction of a...
May 17th 07 05:16 AM
by Goddessxx Go to last post
4 95
Windows Media Player Blue screen when i click on Now playing by AceadamUK Needing Help! :)
Does this all the time! it plays when its in libary but every time i click on Now playing BOOM blue screen and reboots...now i have tryed to unstall but Its not in the unstall programs menu...So what could i do?
May 31st 07 12:47 PM
by AceadamUK Needing Help! :) Go to last post
0 146
MediaPlayerAudioFailureToPlay by aceladysplace
I am unable to hear a professionally produced dvd on Media Player 11 in Vista; however, Media Player in XP plays audio fine. The file types are Video and Audo _TS. What is preventing Vista from playing the audio in this dvd? This also plays fine on a dvd player and Dell Media Direct. Need a fix for this. Thank you. -- HarrietTheAcelady
October 22nd 07 01:55 AM
by aceladysplace Go to last post
8 95
DVD Maker Music in Menu by Aceten
Vista DVD maker allows you to select differnt screens for the menu. Is there a way to put music or audio track under the menu so there is some audio playing before the viewer selects "play" or "Scenes"?
December 28th 07 09:07 PM
by johan Go to last post
1 97
Poor performance when opening folders containing avi files by Achelon
Hi, When I open a folder containing many AVI files in windows explorer, it becomes very slow and a grey progress bar appears in the address bar. I can stop this slowness by clicking a red cross that appears at the end of the address bar that cancels whatever it is that vista is doing but I dont want to have to do this every time I open the folder. I have set explorer to "Always show icons,...
March 3rd 08 03:17 PM
by Achelon Go to last post
0 98
picture resizer by Achim Diergarten
In win XP I could resize my pictures. I miss this fuction in vista. Is there any possibilty to resize pictures again?
September 19th 06 08:51 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 572
Just got DirecTv by aclooper
I have it setup on the computer, it runs fine as a stand alone. Meaning if I'm content to just run it as a sattelite box and use the standard remote that comes with it, and leave the TV tuner of the computer on channel 3, then everything is fine. But when I had cable, the Media Center remote was able to control everything. I can go through the setup, and Media Center recognizes the box, it'll...
June 29th 08 05:45 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 206
Windows Media Player by acores
Hello. I just installed Vista and I faced two problems: 1. WMP doesn't play MP3 files; 1. Norton Internet Security 2006 seems to be incompatible. What should I do? Thank you for any help. Acores
October 1st 06 11:42 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
3 420
How to record by acrwmg
I've got Vista home premium (64bit) sp1 How do I record a internet radio station or anything else playing on my computer and create a file that WMP will play? I've clicked and unclicked so many things I am lost. Thanks for your time and help. Bill -- acrwmg
October 8th 08 09:35 PM
by acrwmg Go to last post

From The