Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Why is my Video Quality poor? by Bobafett
I recently got Vista and my Video quality is very poor and when i was using XP it looked great, can anyone tell me whats going on? Here is a pic of what my video is looking like on Vista: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BobafettBH/snapshot20070914033814.jpg
September 14th 07 05:18 PM
by Bobafett Go to last post
7 136
media player 11 in Vista by Bobbi
After downloading and watching movies, the player suddenly won't play movies. error that comes up when I try to view a new download or an old download is this: "The file you are trying to use requires a software component on your computer to be upgraded. " When I go to the webpage to upgrade it, I get an another error message and it won't upgrade. Since I am not told what the "component" is,...
July 10th 07 05:12 AM
by Bobbi Go to last post
0 87
make me quicker! by bobbutcher
::*hi, I'm trying to make a film nothing big just a quick movie i haven't made a lot of films before so I'm using movie maker what was built in on my computer, so i began filming, I've got ten mins of film and i want to make it shorter but i don't want to cut any more of so how do i make the play time shorter with out changing the length of the film? if any one can help plz do....
May 28th 08 06:26 AM
by Bender Go to last post
2 152
End of song cut off on audio disc. Why? by Bobby Badfingers
Vista Home Basic. Brand new lapper. Media Player cuts off the end of some songs (somewhat randomly) on discs I burn (audio disc). What gives? Talking about your typical hodge-podge of music files from a custom playlist. Also doesn't always insert the 2 seconds...one almost runs right into the other. It's the clipped end of the song that bugs me though. Thx! Kevin
October 29th 07 08:42 AM
by Bobby Badfingers Go to last post
0 84
Media Center Remote Record Service - Vista RC1 install error by Bobby Digital
Has anyone found a way to install the MSN Remote Record service on Vista RC1 to remotely schedule programs to record from TV through Media Center? On install, I get a dialog box with an error stating: ===================================================== There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support...
October 3rd 06 05:29 PM
by Bobby Digital Go to last post
0 429
Using Windows Media Player 11 for Vista by Bobby K
When I access a streaming video it doesn't stream, but asks to download. How can I go directly to streaming video. Works on my XP machines.
July 25th 08 12:26 PM
by Bobby K Go to last post
0 341
Uploading a files from video camera by bobby needs some help
i have an old video camera compatible with windows XP but seems unable to cope with XP for when i had Windows XP I was able to upload my videos like as if it was a webcamera since no designated programme was given to me with the camera but using a usb i connected my video camera to the pc and the video camera does acknowledge the computer but im not able to acces the video camera nd also the...
April 1st 08 09:52 PM
by bobby needs some help Go to last post
0 169
Problem deleting movie files by BobC
I have two small Quick time movies that will not delete. When I click on 'Delete' I get a progress box "Calculating time remaining . . ." that just runs and runs with no progress at all. The data in the box says there are 0 bytes in the file even though they each are more than 32 Mb. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 08 08:40 PM
by tonyhoward1 Go to last post
12 154
Pics from old PC will not open by BobDD
I copied all my photo's from previous PC to a DVD and then copied from that to my new PC w/Vista. None of my old pictures will open in Photo Editor, or Paint, or IrfanView. I get the following error: "Photo Gallery can't open this picture or video. This file format is not supported, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Gallery." BTW, my music and text files that were copied open...
April 21st 07 02:37 AM
by Lester Stiefel Go to last post
1 124
Video Thumbnails by Bobfather
I just imported a bunch of video clips into vista. I noticed that it was taking forever to generate the thumbnails, and then only after I opened each individual file. I was also getting COM surrogate errors. After doing some research I upgraded Nero 7, to the Vista ready edition. But now I can't get any more thumbnails. Another board said I had to change the registry but I am not sure how to...
February 12th 07 05:20 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
5 126
adding music to movie created with movie maker by bobhouse
I've strung together photos with windows movie maker but when I add a song as background music it stretches the three minute song out to the eight minute length of the movie. This greatly drags the speed of the music. How do I include music at the song's normal length and speed? -- Bob House
April 12th 08 03:40 AM
by bobhouse Go to last post
2 151
An Error is Preventing this Slide Show from Playing by Boblink
Hi, I have a minor little problem that I would appreciate help with. I setup the Screen Saver to display My Photos (i.e. I used browse to re-directed it to photos that I would like to display when the system "goes to sleep" and that WERE displayed with when I had WindowsXp). When I click Preview, the photos appear but when the system "goes to sleep", I get an error message advising "an error is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 09 02:04 AM
by Word Problems Go to last post
11 280
Media Player Won't Connect to internet by BobM
I have selected all the internet options and my internet connection is working fine but Windows Media Player keeps saying I must run the Internet connection Wizard. I can't connect to Media Guide or Stores. I've also tried disabling the firewall. Anybody got any ideas? -- BobM
May 8th 08 03:01 PM
by gmdavis[_2_] Go to last post
4 178
vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures by BobMacQ
Hi - I am running Viusta ultimate on a dual core Intel machine with 4GB RAM and an ATI 1300 graphics card. Windows Media has searched the driuve and found 2000 plus pictures but only shows the folders that theya re in. When you open the folders they are empty and I get a message "no pictures found". The phoyos are all JPG, folders not hidden and I have associated them with Media Centre. I...
September 4th 07 06:54 PM
by BobMacQ Go to last post
4 167
Remove folders by bobneedshelp
I went into Library setup and added some folders to watch. Later I "stopped watching these folders" in library setup. Windows Media Center still presents all of the items in these folders. How do I remove these items from Windows Media Center? -- Bob
January 29th 08 02:11 PM
by anevolant Go to last post
4 135
Windows Photo Gallery / Media Player by bobneedshelp
I added a play list in Windows Media Player. It now shows up in Windows Media Center. Is that because it is "Watching" certain folders? Is Windows Media Player and Windows Photo Gallery sort of linked to Windows Media Center in Vista Ultimate? It looks like all of the tags, etc. are picked up by all of these programs. How can I have all photos in Windows Photo Gallery but not in Windows...
November 2nd 07 11:48 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 95
Slow Tag Addition by bobneedshelp
I have my photos saved on a NAS device. I wanted to add tags via Windows Explorer. I select 10 photos (5.6MB) and add 2 tags. It then takes about 4 minutes to add the tags. Any idea how to speed this up? -- Bob
March 4th 07 10:38 AM
by bobneedshelp Go to last post
0 143
Input Line in/Volume control problem by Boboba
In XP, one was able to adjust individual volume levels from the windows volume mixer (such as Line In, Line Out, WAVE, CD-IN, Etc.) however in Vista, that is all non-existant, the only thing related to volume that i am allowed to adjust is the "Speaker Volume". Well I want to use my guitar amp on vista like i did in XP. In XP all i had to do was plug it into the pink input on the back of the...
October 24th 06 05:48 AM
by Boboba Go to last post
4 169
Change picture format by bobov
I want to change pictures from GIF to JPEG. Help only tells how to change from JPEG to GIF using Paint. Anyone know what to do?
October 14th 07 05:59 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 124
Burning DVDs with Windows DVD Maker by BobRoyAce
I just installed a fresh copy of Windows Vista Premium on my Dell laptop...only had it a few days...didn't upgrade existing XP...installed fresh/clean. I discovered Windows DVD Maker and started playing around with it. It's very basic, but really slick for quick DVD creation. I was excited to try it out. Well, after I added all my video clips, and entered a title, etc., I clicked on the...
February 7th 07 10:08 PM
by jimmy fallon Go to last post

From The