Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
mp3 player not shown in sync by Andreas Y.
I connect a Genius mp3 player on a computer which recognizes it and correctly installs its drivers (a drive letter is shown in the Computer window). In media player though nothing happens. I restarted several times, I refreshed the devices but it cannot see it and so, I haven't got the options to sync it. I have already connected it on another computer before which detected it immediately...
January 4th 08 06:34 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 98
Pictures folder in Personal folder by Klemen
Hi, I have a problem which is a little bit odd, I somehow managed to delete Pictures folder in Personal folder (completly-trash bin was empty, and no, it is not transfered to another folder). Now the problem is than all shoutcuts are not working, and I can not get the old Pictures fodler back, I can do new fodler but it is not the same. Any ideas how to creat the original Personal Pictures...
December 12th 07 05:17 PM
by brink[_2289_] Go to last post
5 153
No smooth transition from one song to the next by Dan
No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting. anybody know the solution?
December 23rd 07 11:28 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 159
Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT! by Brioli
I'm trying to burn a DVD on my new (4months old) computer. I'm operating Vista, and have a Sony DVD+RW burner. I am using DVD-R disk. It seems to burn until 98.7 % and then sites an error (non-specific). I created the video with Windows Movie Maker, and trying to burn it with Windows DVD Maker. "Help" told me to play it in Windows Media Player and see if it worked (if not, it supposedly...
December 24th 07 06:59 PM
by Brioli Go to last post
5 160
Reinstall media player by HairyFool
When I attempt to open media player or open a media file WMP11 fails to start, no error messages or anything in the event log. So far the only option appears to be available is to reinstall Vista, this is ridiculous as a fix I would rather install a third party media player. What other options do I have?
December 27th 07 11:40 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 187
Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show by Paul
Vista Photo Gallery working fine. Suddenly slide show has stopped operating. It shows the first picture and then closes saying that there was an error and Photo Gallery is closing down. Any help much appreciated. Factory installed Vista package. -- Paul
December 29th 07 01:11 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
5 156
size of Photo Attachments by Lori
I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It says it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN e-mail, I am having trouble with attachment size. For some reason some of my photos end up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes forever to send. I need to make them smaller some how. I don't know how they got bigger. When some of them are normal...
December 30th 07 04:14 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
5 127
HTML Slide Show by Steven[_3_]
I used to use the HTML Slide show power toy thingy for XP. But it does not install on Vista. Is there a way to make an HTML slide show (export) for upload to my website with Vista? How to? This is a real bummer as I dont write HTML. Need wizards and the such. -- SS
January 3rd 08 12:53 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 100
Syncing causes WMP to crash by Rchlptl90
I have been trying to sync media onto my 2 gb Patriot miniSD card. However, every time I build up my list of media I want to add onto it and I click the "Sync Now" button, WMP crashes. It begins to sync the first few songs, however after 4 songs I get an error message that states that "WMP is not responding". I have tried to do this same thing with different media, but I still have my WMP...
January 4th 08 02:17 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 131
Can't play .WMV files received as attachment. by Kris
Hello. Whenever I open a .WMV file received as an e-mail attachment, it does not play properly. Only audio can be appreciated once the file is in use, there's no video to it. I'm using WMP 11 with Windows Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions?
December 12th 07 08:37 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 91
itunes corrupted .wmv files can't play with Media Player or itunes by danny
I can't play my video files any longer with either itunes (just installed as got an ipod for my birthday yesterday) . I downloaded itunes then said add files to library. It took both music and video(my own from my camera made with Wmovie maker they are .wmv and some ..avi) Now itunes doesn't have them in library and can't play them nor can media player.
December 7th 07 06:31 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 132
Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working by chrissy
Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with WMP11 just suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that there is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair WMP11 or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download something to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you can't even...
January 9th 08 03:32 AM
by Marcia Go to last post
5 164
cant open .wav files missing codec 22 by ggshastri
I am facing a problem opening .wav files. I am using a Toshiba Laptop with A135. OS is Vista. The error message i get is "An audio codec is needed to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help." I am using media player 11.
November 29th 07 08:06 PM
by Terrym Go to last post
5 159
Windows Media Player - Slow Opening Files by jab
It is taking Windows Media PLayer 30 - 60 seconds to open and play a video or music file. In the lower left corner of the player it indicates "media changing" ? I'm running Vista Home and WMP 11.
December 22nd 07 08:57 PM
by J Mill Go to last post
5 121
Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working by Rob
I am running Vista Ultimate. Fresh install with all the updates. I'v never been able to run Media Center. Everytime I try to load it, it instantly tells me "Media Center Has Stopped Working".. It checks for a solution and never comes up with one. Any ideas?
December 12th 07 03:14 PM
by Carol in GA Go to last post
5 109
Video file previews by stephen442
A few of my Video files(avi) show up as tumbnails with previews but the majority do not show up anymore, and only have the normal avi icon. Does anyone know how to get all your video files to show up with preview of the video as the icon shown in your folder.
December 3rd 07 04:53 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 137
Windows Photo Gallery: tag by albafor
I can add but not dhange or delete a tag from the tag list (left of the screen). If I delete a tag it disappears but next time it is there again, with no images. Is there a way to delete that tag ? Thanks
December 12th 07 03:01 AM
by jmb Go to last post
5 82
Image Preview Problems in Windows Explorer by DrDave
When I view a folder, most files show up as a thumbnail image EXCEPT *.wmf images. It is very difficult to look at a listing of files with archane names as part of a 1 million graphic image cd package. The *.wmf images were protrayed beautifully in Windows XP. Why would all other "supported" file types be protrayed as thumbnails but .wmf show up as an "icon"?
December 13th 07 05:22 PM
by Graham Go to last post
5 127
preview is upside down when viewing dvix videos by Stanley
Hi i am wondering why my new hp pavillion computer (windows vista H.P) is view ing divx movies upside down. Only the movie not the whole screen Not Upside down programs -Media Center -Media Player Showing Upside down video -DVD Maker(not sure if burned dvd is upside down) -Windows Photo Gallery Blank Video
December 26th 07 07:53 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
5 139
WMP no longer has audio on internet streams. by Egon Spengler
Today, after attempting to play an AAC+ audio stream from the Orban Tune2 website, WMP11 (Vista Ultimate 32 bit using an M-Audio Revolution 5.1) no longer plays audio. Realplayer, VLC, and Flash sites such as youtube all have video and audio, system sounds function, games have sound (Morrowind as an example). The Media Center App reports a C00D11B1 error when attempting to play AOL Radio...
January 9th 08 04:09 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post

From The