Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Full DVD/Video Convert Guide by magicwolverine[_16_]
Do you need to convert avi files quickly? Now I recommend you an easy way to convert avc files. Hope it can help you 'How to Convert AVC Files' (http://www.squidoo.com/avcfileconverter) -- magicwolverine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ magicwolverine's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11951 View this thread:...
November 9th 09 12:42 AM
by magicwolverine[_16_] Go to last post
0 272
a free youtube downloader by desertfish
Leawo Free YouTube Downloader is a free, small, simple YouTube downloader which can easily download YouTube videos from YouTube. This YouTube downloader can also download videos from other websites like Google Video, iFilm, Myspace, Daily Motion, etc. And with the built-in ?monitor?, this YouTube Download can automatically detect the videos being browsed and download them off. With a built-in...
October 12th 09 06:31 AM
by desertfish Go to last post
0 272
iTunes & Windows Files and Settings Transfer by HagarTheHorrible
Anyone know if Vista's Files & Settings Transfer will move iTunes files to a new computer? I Have to do a reinstall of Vista on a Dell notebook and the beast has a huge iTunes collection. THe HD has some bad sectors and will have to be replaced. I tried to reinstall iTunes, but to no avail. Can anyone suggest a third party salvage utility?
December 6th 09 10:38 AM
by HagarTheHorrible Go to last post
0 271
Windows vista wont move or copy music or pictures to memory card? by Angelica
Hi, i have a micro sd which i always put into a adapter to put into the laptop which had vista but it wont let me copy any files onto my memory card. it has always usually worked but now it comes up as copying and then when you click more info it says the rate is at 0 bytes. then the message just stays on even when you click cancel. i have restarted the laptop 3 times to get rid of the message....
May 5th 09 12:46 PM
by Angelica Go to last post
0 271
Mac OS by manju
The (A, Current symbolic-linked to A) is part of the structure of a Mac OS X framework, which JavaVM.framework is. This framework may have C or Objective-C code in it, in addition to the actual JVM installations. Thus it could potentially be linked against from some C or Objective-C code in addition to containing the JVM alongside that. Note that you should not change the CurrentJDK link to...
October 1st 09 09:11 AM
by nikitatolstoy Go to last post
1 271
Website for Uploading Movie clips by Jekyll and Hyde
Hi all, Anyone know of a site that I could use to upload some ingame movie clips too? I know there is youtube, but that does'nt really appeal to me, is there anywhere else? preferably a free host. I have the full version of Fraps now and want to post some awesome movie clips of some of my games, I think I have managed to crop the clips size down, although I am still experimenting for now lol
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 08 09:53 AM
by vernjords_32[_2_] Go to last post
14 271
Movie Maker by Sunfish NC
I have created a slideshow in Movie Maker. I wanted to free up some disk space so I moved the picture files to my Passport hard drive. When I move these files from my c drive, those pictures no longer appear in the slideshow that I created....just black frames. Have I not saved the movie file correctly or do I have to keep the pictures that I used in the slideshow in the original location...
August 10th 08 09:25 PM
by oscar Go to last post
3 271
transfering specific pictures from camera using vista by sugarbowl[_2_]
Hi I am trying to transfer specific pictures from my camera using vista, but it doesnt ask me which ones I want and wants to transfer the entire card. How can I choose a couple of pictures to transfer, thanks sugarbowl
June 28th 08 10:58 AM
by PatriciaMae Go to last post
3 271
DVD Maker by Adrian
I have found a very obvious and reproducable error in DVD Maker and can't believe its not been found!? The following is what I do: 1. Run DVD Maker 2. Add one picture 3. Save as 4. Close DVD Maker 5. Run DVD Maker 6. Open the saved file
October 24th 06 10:31 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
0 271
WMP 11 no video w/AVI files by QueenoftheUniverse
Hi there, I just upgraded to Media Player 11. I have XP. I downloaded some AVI files and they play, but sound only. Perfect sound, just no picture. They automatically open in WMP just as they should, and I tried right-clicking menus to switch views, but the view is at 100% full screen mode. I get sound, and I get visualizations (like bars and waves, alchemy, etc) instead of the actual...
June 26th 08 09:13 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
9 271
Encoding problems DVD Maker by Shax
Using windows movie maker, then publishing the project to burn to DVD in "DVD maker", at the encoding stage the process doesn't go past 20.4% I also at one stage had an error message saying "catastrophic failure" can anyone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 08 03:33 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
19 271
windows movie maker - green bar on published movies by Cindy
I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs, transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid of the green bar?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 08 01:30 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
13 271
WMP 11 Library won't compile by encee
When accessing the WMP 11 library tab, it displays the following message ' There are no items in this library yet - the Player is searching for digital media files in the background.' However, despite having circa 15,000 ripped tracks on the HDD, it does not seem to ever find anything. Any ideas why not?
November 15th 06 11:33 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
5 271
WMP11 Icon-can you say UGLY? by Jeff
Just a comment. O.K. So WMP11 is new; but WHAT THE HECK is that icon? Ya think MSFT media coulda come up with anything UGLIER? Is the lead icon guy color bind? or was that an inside joke? on all of us. That orange on blue THING makes me wanna vomit. Jeff
November 19th 06 07:03 PM
by Micheal Go to last post
4 271
Video File Seeking in WMP Vista by JV
I'm having some problems seeking to different sections of video files with the progress slider. For certain file types (such as AVI or Flash) I AM NOT able to use the slider to seek to different parts of the video when i open it from the Media Player Library. The slider does not move from the far left, and if i try to move it the file restarts from the beginning. However, when i open the...
March 2nd 07 10:57 PM
by JV Go to last post
1 270
Strange iTunes behavior on Vista by allie
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem... But I only got my computer 4 days ago, so I doubt my computer is already corrupted. Initiially I added my iTunes library from my previous computer onto the new one with no problems. However, when I go to add new music, a message comes up and says the iTunes library cannot be saved because I don't have the authorization. I am the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 07 07:56 PM
by Linda H[_2_] Go to last post
10 270
Error 0x88982F05 editing photo by Joao Beltrao
When I try to edit some of my photos on Windows Vista Photo Gallery, or when I simply try to change some attributes through Windows plain file explorer, I get an error 0x88982F05: no error description available Does anyone know what this means?
June 28th 07 12:06 AM
by Joao Beltrao Go to last post
0 270
CODEC by John Gray[_2_]
I have a JVC Digital Video Recorder and I have lost the install CD. When I first got this I had my XP machine and now I have a Vista machine. When I copy the video files from the memory card to my PC there is no sound on the video when playing in Windows Media Player. When I play them inside a video production using Roxio EMC 10 they will play. I know (or think I know) that this is a CODEC...
August 13th 08 12:43 PM
by Sam[_14_] Go to last post
2 270
VISTA by Jack
I am new to VISTA. There seem to be a vast number of incompatability problems. For example, I had a HECK of a time just getting online for the first time. The default dialup kept changing without consent. My computer came with absolutely NO VISTA instructions, so my Win98SE knowledge appears to have been crippled with this much less user friendly format. Does anyone have an IDIOT'S guide...
July 2nd 07 06:00 AM
by Wayne L. Go to last post
1 270
convert flv files by KRK
Hello, I have a program which I downloaded free from the web which converts flash ..flv files to .mpg format which Vista can read, and which I can then edit, copy to dvd etc. The program is called flvconverter and I think it uses something called ffmpeg.exe. ??? It works fine for some .flv files, but not others. !!!
May 5th 08 04:53 AM
by Lester Stiefel Go to last post

From The