Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
WMP11 slow with certain video files under Vista by Mark Veldhuis
Hi, Running WMP11 under Windows Vista Ultimate (RTM). Display Adapter is a NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE Turbocache. It has the latest drivers, acquired via Windows Update. When playing certain video files, the video because laggy and bumpy when switching to full-screen (ALT-Enter). Video and audio are out of sync. The problem goes away when I switch back to "windowed" mode. It occurs with .wmv files...
March 20th 07 11:11 AM
by F. Vagle Go to last post
5 165
video and audio drops out in movie maker by Sorahl
I'm using Vista Ultimate. I have recorded a program and I am trying to edit it with Movie Maker. When I first start the playback to look for right places to cut the video and soudn is there for the first 2 seconds and then it stops. The playback continues if you can trust the timeline moving but nothing else. what am I missing??
March 19th 07 03:08 PM
by Sorahl Go to last post
0 129
Windows Vista Video Maker by VistaUltimate
Hi, Does anyone has same problem or is it just me? When I publish a video the Video Maker split that video into 2 portions, the top portion is the video and the bottom portion is a big ugly green pixel. Any help is much appreciated.
March 19th 07 06:29 PM
by VistaUltimate Go to last post
0 195
itunes by Debra D.
I finally got everything to work right with Itunes and Windows Vista except one minor problem. On my ipod, the blue "dot" does not show up when a podcast is new, so in a long lists of podcasts, I can't tell which ones I already listened to. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you, Debra
March 19th 07 10:59 PM
by Debra D. Go to last post
0 230
Album art.jpg by Glenn Follweiler
Hello folks: In my folder of mp3 files, I've got a system file of albumartsmall.jpg. I've also had another bunch of jpg files - pictures of album covers. I don't even have most of those albums. I've always thought that the album art was contained within the mp3 file itself. Am I wrong, and what the heck are those album art jpeg files? Thanks for the info, Glenn
March 20th 07 12:08 AM
by cvp Go to last post
1 134
zen v by metalcaster1982
i have a zen v series 1Gb that I purchased for my son. cannot get the computer to recognize it. tried installing software several times.
March 20th 07 12:05 AM
by metalcaster1982 Go to last post
0 245
Video error message C00D11D2 by lokkea
"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct." I'm running Vista Premium and everything is up to date. I cannot play any video in WMP 11. There is one video saved on my hard drive that it will play, but nothing else. Not even the sample videos that...
March 20th 07 06:33 AM
by lokkea Go to last post
0 154
Browsing Pictures folder by Martin Vaupell
Wheres the windows picture viewer where it was possible to "Scroll" through the folder in full screen without haveing to exit the program for each picture. :( and i dont intend to start that lausy media center each time, just to see pictures. cause it screws all custum settings.. Or can someone Recommend a program doning the same thing as the "old xp picture viewer from xp" ;) Kind regards
March 20th 07 05:01 PM
by Martin Vaupell Go to last post
1 143
MCE WMP conflict by Cue8Chalk
Eric G. van der Paardt;48395 Wrote: "Doug Brown" On a side note, my MCE loads up in a window rather than full screen (I just hate the way it grabs the mouse, I'm trying to work here... the media is just a perk). I agree. I love Media Center but the fact that it grabs the mouse is the one thing that keeps me from using it. It makes using it in a
March 20th 07 04:24 PM
by Cue8Chalk Go to last post
0 145
Will Vista MCE start up upon reboot without having to log in? by Ivan Samuelson
I'm new to Media Center so please bear with me. I have everything setup and I can watch TV as well as record it, setting up schedules to record my favorite TV shows. I found an option that starts MCE when Windows starts up. However, the PC we use is a multipurpose PC that is used by my entire family, but mainly for e-mail and such, so when they log in, I do NOT want MCE to be the first thing...
March 20th 07 05:37 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
3 140
no Sound by Jason
I have just upgraded to vista ultimate, i have now got no sound at all, everything says it is working properly. anybody got any ideas on what i can do?
March 19th 07 10:04 PM
by Squibbly Go to last post
2 135
Skipping video/audio in Windows Media Center by gng007
I am trying to play a dvd for the first time on my new computer using Windows Media Center (not windows media player) and the audio and video are not smooth. Sometimes the picture gets a bit shakey, sometimes the audio skips a bit. When I play the dvd in windows media player there is not problem. Can anyone help me? I think my specs on my new pc should be able to handle Media Center...
March 20th 07 07:26 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 139
Cannot burn DVD with Vista by Scott
I am having trouble burning a project to DVD. Everythings looks like it is going ok then at 98.9% done it stops and says that dvd maker could not burn disc. I have tried varying burn speeds but get the same result. I get anywhere from opening credits to 30 seconds of video on the dvd then nothing else. Is the problem possibly low quality dvd's, will changing video format help or what does...
March 20th 07 03:35 AM
by Kirk Go to last post
2 138
DVD Maker Crash by Jay Evans
When I try to use DVD maker to burn any video files it stops working. I import the files, click next and it reports that it has stopped working. I can import phots fine just not videos or MovieMaker projects. Seems it is an Audio problem? Product Windows DVD Maker Problem Stopped working
March 19th 07 05:32 PM
by Jay Evans Go to last post
4 198
Vista Ultimate & WMP11 - how to display external subtitles for avi by akita
Using Vista Ultimate, how can I display external subtitles in WMP 11 when watching avi files/movies? I have all relevant codices installed and can easily play avi movie files with their relevant subtitles using the Classic WMP v6.4.9.0. However, I would prefer using just WMP11. Also, IF there is a way to get Vista’s WMP11 to display external sub titles when watching avi movies, can I...
March 19th 07 06:35 PM
by JerzyMarian Go to last post
1 133
saving zoomed image in photo gallery? by [email protected]
I love the zoom feature in photo gallery but how can I save the image in its new zoomed size/view?
March 19th 07 04:22 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 166
WM 11 for Vista Not running by SinjinRJ
I am having a problem with Windows Media Player 11. I can only run the program as an administrator. When I click the icon, it never runs. Similarly, if I try to run a WMV or other file, it will also not run. I think it is a security setting, but I can not figure out which one.
March 19th 07 01:01 AM
by SinjinRJ Go to last post
0 157
Help with all kinds of media... by ravenmaniac
Guys, Here is my problem. I installed Vista (home premium) over XP with no problems except that all media (whether it’s on Youtube, Windows Media Player, etc.), kind of freezes and the sound goes away. I’ll be watching or listening and I’ll hear a chirp or multiple chirps and the media freezes. If I try to play again, it freezes and plays without sound. I’ve checked my video card (GeForceTi...
March 19th 07 05:31 AM
by ravenmaniac Go to last post
0 128
Windows Movie Maker cannot start by I L Cook
Hi I have recently purchased a new computer with Vista Home Basic on it. Today I have tried to open Windows Movie Maker and received the message "WMM cannot start because your video card does not support the required level of hardware or hardware acceleration or hardware acceleration is not available". When I select the Video Card Requirements link I am told by Help that "the video card on...
March 19th 07 08:03 AM
by I L Cook Go to last post
0 127
HELP!! I HAVE ABOUT 200 SONDS IN MY LIBRARY AND ABOUT 5 COPIES OF by don lockman
How in the world can I get wmp to recognize the same song and delete extra's? some of them are names differently and I can sort the lists by size or artist but there are a thousand songs to go through!! It will take 3 years!! Is there anything I can do????????????
March 20th 07 06:45 PM
by don lockman Go to last post

From The