Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
sound cad by cabreralo
i just upgraded from xp to vista. and i cant hear any sound i fixed everything but it says i have to add the drivers for sound card or something like that . how can i do this smoothly and where can i find them?
March 20th 07 08:30 PM
by cabreralo Go to last post
2 136
Screen saver problems " try this" by Steve
I had same problem that a lot of other people had. Screen saver did not work. I googled it and found this. It worked. Download microsoft optional update. HID Non-User Input Data Filter. http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/vistadefault.aspx?ln=en-us Hope it works for you
March 20th 07 08:30 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 190
Window Movie Maker by Ken at LHA
I'm using Windows Move Maker in Vista Ultimate, and import a movie (wmv) into WMM and drag it to the timeline. If I click the timeline 'play' button the movie will start. But if I place the vertical green bar down the timeline, the preview doesn't show in the window, and if click the timeline 'play' button, still nothing happens. It's like Mivie Maker is broke. How can I fix it?
March 21st 07 01:17 AM
by Ken at LHA Go to last post
4 185
No Sound. Cannot access file by chintuk
Hi all, I installed Vista RC1 , build 5600. When I try to play any mp3's in windows media player, I get this error.. "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct". I can play video files , but there is no audio. I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio...
March 21st 07 01:34 AM
by Brett Go to last post
6 304
printing photos by Helene
Every time I try to print with photo gallery, the photo is correctly pictured in the print preview for about 2 seconds before it shifts to the negative version of the photo. It will also print as a negative image. I can print a correct positive color image with other software. What am I doing wrong?
March 21st 07 07:09 AM
by LordForrest Go to last post
1 184
Digital Camera Debacle by LordForrest
Depsite assurances from both the Microsoft and Canon websites as to the compatibility of our digital camera, the data on the camera's memory card becomes corrupted once you transfer pictures to the PC. The images are still there, and viewable via the PC card reader, but become unviiewable on the camera's display screen. You have to utilize the card reader because the OS refuses to...
March 21st 07 07:30 AM
by LordForrest Go to last post
0 114
Can't "Remove" Picture Folder from showing up in Windows Photo Gal by gastondefx
Can't "Remove" Picture Folder from showing up in Windows Photo Gallery Hi, I keep all of my photos, screenshots, and clip art in the "Pictures' folder on my PC which is where Windows Photo Gallery (WPG) points to for its gallery management. I would like to EXCLUDE certain folders from showing up in WPG. I did a search and found the link...
March 21st 07 03:10 PM
by Dave Johnson [MSFT] Go to last post
1 132
Photo SlideShow missing all controlls by B | Woldman
I seem to be missing all controlls in the photo slideshow of vista ultimate. On my PC it is working with fades and all, but on my laptop I just see my pictures with no fade between them and no controlls in the bottom of my screen. I also won't get a 'clock logo' upon loading. Is this due to my video card (ATI Radeon Mobility X600) in contrast with my NVidia GeForce 6800 GT in my PC? Thanks...
March 21st 07 06:57 PM
by Dave Johnson [MSFT] Go to last post
1 154
Cut Video Clip by David Williams
The first minute of one of my video clips is rubbish. How can I cut it off and retain the rest? The Help file doesn't seem to cover this. David
March 21st 07 08:14 PM
by Matt Lichtenberg [MSFT] Go to last post
3 134
dvd decoder by emily86
I want to play DVDs on my computer, but I have Vista Business which apparently doesn't have a dvd decoder so you can't play DVDs. I clicked on the "Web Help" when it gave me the message that I need a decoder, but the web help didn't tell me how to get one. Where can I get one?? I am particularly interested in ones that are free or cheap.
March 21st 07 11:09 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post
1 180
DVD Maker Stops Working by Andrejss
I try today to make DVD with Windows DVD Maker from Windows Movie Maker and indows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working. Two months ago all worked OK. I use Windows Vista Ultimate. stopped with the following message: Windows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
March 22nd 07 12:05 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 136
WMP 11 Library Loss Final Solution by mohican83
The problem is the wmpfolders.wmdb is bad. Your Library is empty because windows doesn't know what folders to look for. The Monitoring folders dialog box must write to the wmpfolders.wmdb which is bogus if the library says empty. To repopulate the library. 1. Close Media Player(of course) 2. Open the %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft folder 3. RENAME the "Media Player" folder(I...
March 22nd 07 01:01 AM
by jp_ofarrell Go to last post
3 168
Kodak Gallery Easy Upload by M. Krantz
Anyone else having troubling using the Easy Upload applet plug-in to upload photos at Kodak's web site: kodakgallery.com while running Vista? This applet is downloaded when you log into the site and attempt to upload directly. I'm using Vista's Internet Explorer. I see the Kodak applet in the "Programs" list in the Control Panel, but it won't work and defaults to the html-based single file...
March 22nd 07 01:53 AM
by mboron Go to last post
1 112
remove black borders in windows movie maker by chentiangemalc
Hi, With PhotoStory 3 it was easy to automatically remove black borders from photos, in addition you could add custom zoom/pan effects. I really like Windows Movie Maker but as far as I can see you can't do these two things that were possible in PhotoStory which makes it more difficult to get certain results that were easy in PhotoStory. When I use photos with 2048x1536 they work fine in...
March 22nd 07 03:20 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 147
What Tuners Actually Work in Vista? by Harpo
I have a Sony VGC RA842G desktop. The machine more than qualifies for the Vista Home Premium upgrade - Which I did three weeks ago. Media Center works fine EXCEPT I cannot get Media Center to recognize the tuner. I have done everything Sony Helpline says to do and Media Center still doesn't recognize the tuner and then promptly crashes. Sony claims their updates should make it work. Maybe it...
March 22nd 07 03:33 AM
by Jim Bruton Go to last post
8 151
Media Center Crashes when trying to view pictures by Jetsafl
I can use media center to listen to music, but when I go to view pictures, as soon as I click on Pictures button I get a error message and MCE stops working. I have my pictures stored in one folder on a network drive. Any idea why this keeps happening?
March 22nd 07 06:37 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 138
wmp 11 missing song(s) by mikebrashear
I have a new Dell Dim E520. I my playlist a particular album is missing song number two, but when I navigate to the folder by going to my computer, drive, etc. the song is on the list. What happened? -- mikebrashear
March 22nd 07 06:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 128
Vista does not recognise DVD by Maggie
I just got a media DVD which Vista Home Pemium OS doesn't recognise ! It sees the DVD drive as empty. I have tried it on another computer having Windows vista got same result. However, the DVD played fine in a Windows XP platform. ANy suggestions to get rid of this problem?
March 22nd 07 06:47 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 165
Converting Video Files by Ron K.
Anyone know of any apps that will convert video files to Windows Media Video format?
March 22nd 07 06:48 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 134
Windows Movie Maker will not play .WMV file by Claus Massmann
I have recorded a clip which i need to edit with Windows Movie Maker. The clip does play in windows media player, but does not in windows movie maker...? Do I need to convert the file to MPEG, or install any specific codec? Thanks in advance
March 22nd 07 06:48 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post

From The