Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
View EMF files in Vista? by Ciarán Ó Duibhín
Is there a viewer for enhanced metafiles in Vista? XP had an excellent "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" which is either missing or unrecognizable in Vista. What do people use? Thanks.
April 18th 09 03:58 PM
by Ciarán Ó Duibhín Go to last post
5 297
Grey Color no longer Transparent by Patrick Whittle
In Windows Vista, I lost my Sidebar settings. The Gagets are still there, but the color of the Sidebar is now transparant; I can see the desktop wallpaper right through the Sidebar. How do I make the sidebar itself, solid grey (non-transparent) ?
April 18th 09 05:30 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 204
Screen saver error by katy4clay
I installed the latest Microsoft update and my screen saver stopped working. I have been using my photos as my screen saver and now I get the message that *-an error has prevented my slide show from starting-*. I have tried installing other programs and so far nothing has worked! I want my pictures back as my screen saver. Thanks for anyone's HELP! Katy4clay --
April 18th 09 03:24 AM
by tina2 Go to last post
3 187
Movie Maker Problem by thismuseofmine
I am having an issue with Movie Maker. I put all my pictures and text frames together just fine. Downloaded my music from my CD's into the Music folder on my PC. When I went to the import audio and imported the song, everything looked normal, the song came up as an mp3 file. When I dragged it down into the timeline there was not any music in the music space. (there is not any tick marks if that...
April 17th 09 01:10 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
4 176
How to enjoy converting DVD into any format you like with 50% off by bill198203
I often said that there is no such an application that can be defined as all-in-one, or one-step to satisfy all your needs. Take DVD ripper for example, there are DVD ripping software that prevent you from importing DVD videos with CSS or CPPM protection for to fight against copy piracy. This is right, but causes some trouble for users who want to convert DVD videos to AVI, MPEG, and WMV etc....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 17th 09 08:40 AM
by bill198203[_13_] Go to last post
24 616
Media Player by Wolverine in Michigan
Why can't Media Player 11.0.6 play MP 4 files? Any work arounds? Thanks
April 17th 09 06:46 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 316
WMP stopped working by S4p1r0thx
Ok im a newbie here and i dont know whether this section is right for me to post. Here's my problem : Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000 Application Timestamp: 47919356
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 09 04:22 AM
by haunt Go to last post
16 423
Microsoft Photo Gallery errors, will not save edited photos by Frustrated
I have tried to save photos in Microsoft Photo Gallery. Could do it before. Now cannot. I uninstalled everything else that used photos (I know Microsoft does not like anyone else) and STILL cannot save edited photos. What's up?
April 16th 09 06:06 PM
by RonS WIN TEAM Go to last post
2 229
Puzzle by Graham Hughes
Testing if starting a new thread with the same name as an old one, whilst not connected to the old one starts a new thread. -- Graham Hughes MVP Digital Media
April 15th 09 09:09 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
2 267
DVD Maker always fails at 98.8% by TazDog
Hi, This is my first post so sorry if I am asking the obvious or I have posted in the wrong place I have the following problem with DVD Maker, I have created a movie in Movie Maker from video imported from my DV camcorder when I try to burn to DVD using DVD Maker it runs the encoding and then starts to burn the disc but it always fails at 98.8 - 98.9% and spits the disc out.
April 15th 09 06:58 PM
by TazDog[_2_] Go to last post
2 182
Puzzle by Graham Hughes
Just started a new thread to see if a new thread works or I get the same problem as t-4-2. -- Graham Hughes MVP Digital Media
April 15th 09 06:35 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
0 232
Recording audio by Paul Graham
Is there a way to record audio that is already going thru the sound card - like the radio output of iTunes for instance? I've tried but get zero level audio :-( Thanks Paul
April 15th 09 05:02 PM
by Sugee Go to last post
9 151
How to make iPhone Ringtones on Mac and Windows for FREE by JacksonKimT
I have many iPhone Ringtones on my iPhone, and I change them once one day. But I don’t buy them online. I just make iPhone Ringtones myself by Ringtone Maker Shareware. Actually, iPhone Ringtone maker is m4r Ringtone Maker, such as mp3 Ringtone Converter, WMA Ringtone Converter and WAV Ringtone Converter. There are also iPhone Ringtone Converter for Mac or iPhone Ringtone Creator Mac. Here I will...
April 15th 09 09:25 AM
by JacksonKimT Go to last post
0 209
Puzzle by t-4-2[_99_]
This is the 2nd time. I tried to start a new thread regarding a question about Windows Movie Maker. I clicked NEW, then entered " Windows Movie Maker " in Subject column. The thread found itself into to my old thread with the SAME subject title. So, 1. NEW means nothing ? 2. I have to avoid using the same title in the subject column ? That does not make sense at all. t-4-2
April 15th 09 09:22 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
2 291
Windows Movie Maker by t-4-2[_99_]
I've made a video from a bunch of pictures. The video has the following : 1. Extended time interval between slides. 2. One of many Transition options. Questions : A. Can I change one or both of the above ? B. Can I erase some of the pictures ? Or, do I have to start from scratch ? Thank you. t-4-2
April 15th 09 06:00 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
4 236
Why can I edit mp4 files (Flip Mino-HD) in Movie Maker? by eisenworks
It's clear that most people cannot edit .mp4 files from their Flip Mino-HD camcorders in Movie Maker. I can, on three different computers in my household -- all except for the lone XP system. All of these computers have different applications installed. I thought I had it figured out. When I plug in the Flip, it installs FlipShare automatically. I have plugged the Flip into two of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 15th 09 05:41 AM
by Afiqah Azlee Go to last post
25 635
Skipping & Distortion in Vista Audio by CrystalShades
I bought a new Gateway with Windows Vista Home Prem. When playing music cds there was skipping and distortion on Media Player 11. This was happening with commercial cds and home burned ones as well as when playing games. Anything with audio. So I called the Gateway support and was advised to update the Realtek driver, then we updated the Vista stuff and this did not help. So then I...
April 15th 09 04:51 AM
by uvbogden Go to last post
3 201
Retreive moved and replaced photos in Windows Photo Gallery? by quinns16
I was rearranging some photos between folders in Windows Photo Gallery and when it asked me to move and replace or move and copy the photos I had selected, I chose move and replace. Next thing I know, half the pictures that were in the folder were gone and I can't find them. Is there any way to retrieve photos that I have moved and replaced??? -- quinns16
April 14th 09 06:12 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 206
Import .FLV files to Windows Movie Maker, Convert FLV to MSWMM, Edit FLV in WMM by cathkun[_10_]
Owning a bundle of .FLV files and want to import them to Microsoft Windows Movie Maker for further editing? *'FLV to MSWMM Converter' (http://www.mp4kits.com/Guides/WMM/import-flv-to-windows-movie-maker/)* is a useful application changing .FLV files to Windows Movie Maker accepted formats including .AVI, .WMV, .ASF, .MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2), WMA, .WAV, and .MP3. Key Features: 1. Input File Format...
April 14th 09 07:27 AM
by cathkun[_11_] Go to last post
1 187
Can't see images in "Pictures" by tathraman[_2_]
When I open any folder in 'Pictures', instead of seeing the actual image as I used to, I see the icon for Windows Live Photo Gallery. How can I change this so that I see the images again? -- tathraman
April 14th 09 06:04 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post

From The