Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Photo Gallery Woes by Mitch W
When I first saw Windows Photo Gallery I was quite impressed. The integration with Vista, the ability to do within the operating system what previously required 3rd party applications to accomplish was most refreshing. Then I started using the program and I quickly found a very flawed fundamental program design hidden beneath Windows Photo Gallery. If you use the program to do nothing but...
September 21st 06 03:43 PM
by Mitch W Go to last post
0 488
Photo Gallery Woes by Mitch W
When I first saw Windows Photo Gallery I was quite impressed. The integration with Vista, the ability to do within the operating system what previously required 3rd party applications to accomplish was most refreshing. Then I started using the program and I quickly found a very flawed fundamental program design hidden beneath Windows Photo Gallery. If you use the program to do nothing but...
September 21st 06 03:44 PM
by Mitch W Go to last post
0 498
Photo Gallery Woes by Mitch W
When I first saw Windows Photo Gallery I was quite impressed. The integration with Vista, the ability to do within the operating system what previously required 3rd party applications to accomplish was most refreshing. Then I started using the program and I quickly found a very flawed fundamental program design hidden beneath Windows Photo Gallery. If you use the program to do nothing but...
September 21st 06 03:44 PM
by Mitch W Go to last post
0 427
Photo Gallery Woes by Mitch W
When I first saw Windows Photo Gallery I was quite impressed. The integration with Vista, the ability to do within the operating system what previously required 3rd party applications to accomplish was most refreshing. Then I started using the program and I quickly found a very flawed fundamental program design hidden beneath Windows Photo Gallery. If you use the program to do nothing but...
September 21st 06 03:45 PM
by Mitch W Go to last post
0 469
WMP 11 - Performance by PeSe
Hi, I Use WinVista RC1 with WMP 11 (the beta that came with the OS). When other applications ask a lot of resources (like installing a game or VS2005 or some other resource intensive action) the music playback starts to stutter. - Is there a way to let WMP reserve some resources so that music playback always goes smooth (or to make the music playback buffer bigger)? - Is this a bug or known...
September 21st 06 05:56 PM
by PeSe Go to last post
0 477
WMP - problems by JerzyMarian
I have got PowerDVD and it works good. I can play video and music (mp3) with CD, DVD or hard disk. WMP 11 can play movie DVD (for example Return of the King) but when I am plaing mp3 (hard disk) or DVD or CD I can thet WMP is playng but I do not hear any voice. I have got also some problems with my films on hard disk. For exmple I see and hear when WMP is plaing "The Gladiatior" but no video...
September 21st 06 08:29 PM
by JerzyMarian Go to last post
0 514
DVD Maker and dvr-ms files? by David Leslie
Has anyone tried to burn a DVD made up of dvr-ms files using WDM (Windows DVD Maker)? I was able to do it with Beta 2 but with 5600 it hangs trying to load the DVD menu screen and shuts down the program. As for burning within MCE itself, after 6 hours burning a disc with 1 hour of video, I was at 3%. Here's all the fun system specs:
September 21st 06 08:58 PM
by David Leslie Go to last post
0 542
MCE Guide Canada by Peter M
Ok, my guide was working fine, now it is hosed. All the programs are in the wrong times. Been like this for days now. I know it's not a vista problem (or is it), they don't do the guides. Just wondered if anyone else's guide got messed up and did it get fixed.
September 21st 06 11:59 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
0 501
Media Center Problem by Brad in Aus
1st problem: In Vista RC1, when I go into the music library, the screen goes black and a message appears, saying that it is searching for the problem, then a few minutes later it restarts and this happens over again and again. 2nd problem: In WMP11 the video playback is very laggy but not in Windows Media Center. 3rd problem: I set up some quadraphonic speakers and the back two won't work...
September 22nd 06 12:25 AM
by Brad in Aus Go to last post
0 492
Lots of media problems by Brad in Aus
1st: When i enter the media center in vista and go to the music library the screen goes black and a message comes up saying its searching for the problem. Then about a minute later it restarts media center and does this over and over again. 2nd: The videos in WMP11 are really laggy while in Media center they're fine. 3rd: I set up some quadraphonic speakers but the back two don't work in...
September 22nd 06 12:34 AM
by Brad in Aus Go to last post
0 506
Media Problems by Brad in Aus
1st: When i enter the media center in vista and go to the music library the screen goes black and a message comes up saying its searching for the problem. Then about a minute later it restarts media center and does this over and over again. 2nd: The videos in WMP11 are really laggy while in Media center they're fine. 3rd: I set up some quadraphonic speakers but the back two don't work in...
September 22nd 06 03:59 AM
by Brad in Aus Go to last post
0 503
5.1 doesnt work with audio, video...HOWEVER by jbrosmer
Okay...my 5.1 doesnt work with my mp3 files in WMP11 and it does not play through all channels when watching movies as well....HOWEVER....when i set it up i can test each individual speaker and can confirm that they work....they just wont play the mp3's through the speakers in wmp11 and winamp as well. Any suggestions or similair problems? Thanks jbrosmer
September 22nd 06 04:01 AM
by Brad in Aus Go to last post
1 532
windows media player 11 takin up 100% mem always by molie
I have recently updated to windows media player 11 and had to uninstall it twice since because it always takes up 100% memory when in use and turns itself off when browsing through the video library. I have read a few things about it and is it because MICROSOFT is sending secret information from our computers to somewhere or is it just rubbish!!!!???? Am i the only one who has had this...
September 22nd 06 04:40 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
3 609
PB Install RC1 on Intel SATA RAID Controler ICH6R by pierrot bordeaux
My mainbord is ASUS P5AD2 with One ITE IDE RAID Controller and One ICH6R Intel SATA RAID Controller. My P4 is EMT 64 capable so I installe XP Pro SP2 (32b) one the ITE IDE RAID DRive, and Install Vista Beta 2 on the SATA RAID drive. I telecharge Vista RC1 64b, and try to upgrade but the partition was too small (20Go) ...so i need to format. I try to use,for that, the RC1 DVD; but when...
September 22nd 06 11:44 AM
by skinnerjack Go to last post
1 681
Comp;ete freeze after making screenshots of multimedia help by Tony Thijs
Hi, I was playing the multimedia help WMV about ,,Working with files and folders''. After making a dozen screenshots to ducument an article my PC freezes completely. Any help is welcome KInd regards, Tony Thijs Oriolus Configuration: Vista RC1upgrade from Vista beta2
September 22nd 06 06:39 PM
by Tony Thijs Go to last post
0 496
Windows Media Player Streaming Buffers by Jerry
I've adjusted (or at least entered the code) to allow 30 seconds bufferring but can't get greater than 5 seconds. Anyone else having this problem?
September 22nd 06 09:24 PM
by Jerry Go to last post
0 506
Microsoft Media Player shreds your rights by MICHAEL
I experienced the dark force of WMP 11 very recently. Much, much money spent on music legally downloaded from various music sites, mostly MSN Music. On any machine that you update to WMP 11- you can no longer backup or restore your licenses for the .wma files you legally downloaded and paid for. On two of my machines- I learned a very hard lesson about trying to play music I *paid*...
September 22nd 06 09:24 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
8 537
Windows Media Player by Jerry
Can't get greater than 5 seconds of bufferring. I adjust for 30 seconds, but system won't accept change.
September 22nd 06 09:26 PM
by Jerry Go to last post
0 541
help capturing video from camera into Windows Movie Maker by nick
I am also having this same exact problem. From my panasonic manual, I am given the impression that either source could be used to import video...any ideas? "OJ" wrote: HELP!! I am trying to capture video from my video device into Windows Movie Maker. My camera has a USB connection to my computer. While the hardware device is located, when I attempt to Capture from Video Device, I...
September 23rd 06 12:43 AM
by nick Go to last post
0 518
1-shot mixer by Angyl
I hope they've heard the news about the volume mixer only working once per restart. It is quite annoying.
September 23rd 06 01:14 AM
by Angyl Go to last post

From The