Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Recording Audio by Johnny B. Safe
Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic). So today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a little bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd. Im just looking for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 09 09:49 PM
by dbknox[_41_] Go to last post
17 394
printing multiple pictures on one page by willi
I am trying to print several pictures on a large sheet of picture print paper and I dont know how to select the pictures that i want to print. I dont know how to get started with the print gallery. I am trying to make a colage of pictures.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 08 03:47 PM
by mia Go to last post
17 521
i can't view picture files on my picture cds by [email protected]
i am new to vista....I cannot view any picture files I previously saved on cd roms. I do not have any problems using XP with the same disks. Help???? -- pcnewbie
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 08 11:53 PM
by dbknox[_41_] Go to last post
17 450
Windows Media Center and image files by dsweida
I've had Vista Home Premium installed on my desktop PC for over a year now, but I never used Windows Media Center until recently and noticed this problem when I purchased a Media Center Extender. After choosing the folders (music, video and image) that I wanted in my WMC library (on BOTH my desktop PC AND Media Center Extender), only my image files do not appear in the libraries. Under...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 11th 08 02:58 PM
by dsweida Go to last post
17 275
Can't get pictures into Win Photo Gallery by vwayne[_8_]
I have all data including Photoshop's pictures on Drive "F", not "C", and when I try copying jpg's from Photoshop into Windows Photo Gallery I get nothing. Wrong procedure I guess. Can someone show me how to copy them to the Photo Gallery? -- vwayne
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 08 01:57 AM
by PsychGen Go to last post
17 455
Calling John Inzer by jaycee
Vista Ultimate SP1. Since installing SP1 a week ago I can no longer use the WMP player of many internet radio stations. The different players open OK, play the regulatory sponsor introductory message but as soon as they get into connecting and streaming they shut down with a message that IE7 has stopped working. By itself WMP plays OK all VDO and Audio files on my PC. I was checking your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 08 04:06 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
17 320
Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio by Barryware
When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio. Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online media all play with sound. It is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 09 05:50 AM
by Self-Taught Old Guy Go to last post
17 775
WMP11 does not play asf files, missing Sharp G.726 Audio codec by Sults
When I try to watch videos recorded with my camcorder in ASF format, I will get following WMP11 error message: "An audio codec is needed to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help." If I press Web Help button, I will be directed to the web page, that gives me following information: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 09 12:42 AM
by ThickD Go to last post
17 415
WMP Stops working when i try to play a DVD by sublimitalwaves
Greetings, I just formatted my new computer and when i try to play a dvd with WMP it loads the dvd and goes to a black screen and thinks for a moment, then a windows box pops up and says that WMP has stoped working, "we will look for a solution to this problem" "This problem was caused by *NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller*, which was created by *NVidia*. A newer version of this product is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 09 11:56 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
17 334
Camera for XP - now using Vista by Ann
Can any techies advise? My Vivitar 4100 camera worked fine with old Windows XP O/S. New PC operates on Vista Home Basic. Downloaded camera CD but the system doesn't recognise. Is there any way I can still use this perfectly good camera on my new system? Tried downloads from Vivitar site, but no advice re updating to Vista or even if it's possible. All I want to to is take a photo,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 08 09:13 PM
by larry2411sd Go to last post
17 333
MS Player stops working why? by bartman
Verison 11 that shipped wth Vista. Is this application just plain buggy or what am I missing? I am sorting numerous video clips during the process of moving things over from the old computer to the new computer. This means a lot of use with the player to watch the first few seconds or minutes so they can be properly filed away. At random intervals MS player just stops and will not launch....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 07 01:09 AM
by bartman Go to last post
17 298
'Burn Failure' trying to burn a video DVD inside Vista Media Cente by Ken
I used to be able to burn video DVDs from Media Center but now I can't. I can still burn data DVDs but every time I try to burn one in video format I get the 'Burn Failure' message as well as a popup in Vista telling me that SBEServer was stopped by DEP. Since this used to work, I guessing that some setting or component was changed but I don't know what it was. Is there a way to remove and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 08 07:08 AM
by kevint250 Go to last post
17 272
Black screen in Media Center by Lynne
I have a bit of a weird problem. I am trying to watch recorded TV in Media Center. The first time is OK. Video and audio. But, unless I restart Media Center, the second time I try to watch the program, or a different one, I get a black screen. Audio but no video. Same thing happens in live TV. Watch it. Audio and video. Stop it. Watch it again. Audio and no video. Any ideas? My system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 07 02:46 AM
by The Crafts Man Go to last post
17 179
Kodak Easy Share changes to Basic Vista color? by Ryka
Is it normal to have Vista Home Premium switch to Vista Basic when Kodak Easy Share is running? Also, how can I remove Easy Share from the Start-Up? I tried deleting it from Start-up list but it wants to delete the entire program and I only want to stop it from loading at Start-Up.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 07 11:51 PM
by Ryka Go to last post
17 130
Windows Movie Maker is not working by Mimosa
I just purchased a Sony Vaio with Windows Vista and Movie Maker. I was trying to make a copy of a home video which I had put onto a DVD with a Sony recordable DVD Writer and Player. When I import the scenes it goes through all the motions, but then I get no video. Can anyone help me... before I decide to return this machine.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 08 01:24 PM
by Mehul K Go to last post
17 342
AVI audio on WinXP, no audio on WinVista by Genuine User
I hear no audio from the AVI file from a digital camera on Win Vista Business 64 bit while the same file plays fine on Win XP Sp2 32 bit. I have investigated this: The camera is a Konica Minolta DiMage E500 Digital Camera and it produces AVI video files and it has a built in microphone. On Win XP SP2 32 bit I am able to hear the audio from the AVI in windows media player 11. I can hear...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 6th 07 02:06 PM
by Genuine User Go to last post
17 150
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.75 31-September-2007) by Cal Bear '66
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.75 31-September-2007) http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 07 03:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
16 239
iTunes and Vista by JIC
Hi I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over the last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and then stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same result. any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 07 09:46 PM
by Wileys_Paw Go to last post
16 253
Media Player audio playback issue by Ryan Kittendorf
I have just bought a new Dell PC with Vista Home Premium pre installed. I transferred my music collection from my Iriver PMP manually (copying and pasting). When i play mp3s in media player, with about 10% of the track remaining - say 20 seconds to go, the track skips quite badly! Sounds strange i know - buts its for all the tracks!! I installed media monkey and it plays the mp3s fine so i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 07 04:31 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
16 147
limewire by ubotherj
for some reaosn i cant connect to limewire. im connected to the internet but it keeps on telling me that my firewall is blocking tghe internet access. so i turned off my firewall but it wont let me connect. can anyone help me
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 07 03:34 PM
by vegaspat[_2_] Go to last post

From The