Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Copy DVR programs to a DVD by bill
I would like to download some TV programs from my DVR to my PC and the burn them to a DVD. My DVR has a firewire output jack and my PC has a firewire input, Vista Home Basic and Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. Can I do this? Any other comments or suggestions?
March 3rd 08 01:08 AM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
1 71
Change photo gallery display order by DVDDan
Here is the situation: I have a folder of photos open, the photos are in thumbnail display sorted by file name left to right and progressing down row by row as we are all used to. If I preview the first photo (row 1 column 1) in Windows photo gallery and then click the next photo arrow the next image displayed is the first image in row 2 column 1, it will then progress down the column to the...
November 5th 07 03:05 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 71
Dvd Maker not fully burning DVD's by Busymm
I recently got a new system in order to archive my wedding videos. Well I've tried so many programs and have had problems with all of them. The dvd's comes out choppy along with the audio or some other headache. So I decided to use the supplied program Windows Dvd Maker. It seemed to work wonderfully until I started playing the Movie back. First the video shows up only in 16:9 ratio on...
November 5th 07 11:46 PM
by Busymm Go to last post
1 71
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.81 8 Nov. 2007) by Cal Bear '66
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.81 8 Nov. 2007): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
November 8th 07 03:01 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
0 71
Runtime error 217, and others by LorettaB
Hi, I am always getting runtime error 217 on my PC. I also have issues with opening the photo folders and if I try and open a video all of windows shuts down, could this runtime error be the cause? I run HP Pavillion 8750, Vista Prem. I am new to fixing so please be very detailed. Thankyou for any help offered.
November 15th 07 05:15 PM
by LorettaB Go to last post
0 71
Exploring files on audio player by dkmcf
Using Vista Business. How do I use Explorer to see the files on my mp3 player? Vista mounts it as an "Audio Player", and it appears blank. I know it has files because I am playing them, and the appear fine in XP. I just want to view the mp3 player as a plain old disk drive, just like in XP. How do I do that? Thanks.
November 20th 07 02:33 PM
by dkmcf Go to last post
0 72
Using two monitors and Media Center by tbogs
I have two monitors and would like to use Windows Media Center to watch tv and DVDs on one and an the other use the internet and other programs. I notice when I maximize Media Center on one monitor I cannot move my mouse to the other monitor. Is there a way to fix this problem.
December 12th 07 12:10 AM
by tbogs Go to last post
0 72
transfer picture from blackberry pearl phone to new computer by Kimmygirl
I dont have email on my blackberry pearl. is it poss to get a picture from the phone to the computer? I hooked up a USB cable but not sure whats next. Just bought my first computers w/windows vista. Thanks for any help
February 24th 08 02:22 AM
by Kevin Go to last post
1 72
change sequence of pictures by Falko
I want to change the sequence of pictures to create a slide show in correct order. For example, picture 7 should become picture 1. How can I do this ?
November 1st 07 02:25 PM
by Falko Go to last post
8 72
Scrolling through Images in a particular order. by Zareku
Let me try to make some sense here, because this is very difficult to explain... I am trying to open some pictures in a particular order. I like to have my files sorted by the date they were modified. I've already set this up, but when I open the image and try to scroll to the next one, it opens the next image as if they were alphabetically sorted rather than the date they were modified....
October 3rd 07 08:33 AM
by Zareku Go to last post
0 72
Default Action in Windows Media Player by Nate
How do you set the default action for a media type to be "Add To Windows Media Player Playlist" and why is this feature gone from the shell? Seriously. WHY is this gone? Somebody from Microsoft answer me.
August 15th 07 03:02 PM
by Nate Go to last post
2 72
iTunes Aero availability? by Eusebio
Is there an iTunes with Aero capabilities? If not do you think Apple plans on writing a program in the future for an iTunes with Aero?? -- Eusebio Dell - Vista Home Premium - iTunes - MSN Live Messenger - Core Media Player - User
April 30th 07 09:26 PM
by Eusebio Go to last post
0 72
Media Center Recording On It's Own by rwh
I have scheduled and recorded two TV shows with Media Center. On both occasions (seperate channels), about a week after I made the recording, Media Center recorded the same show on the same channel. I did not schedule a second recording of either and I did not have any series recordings set up. In fact, after the first instance of this happening, I made sure that I did not have any...
May 8th 07 02:50 AM
by rwh Go to last post
0 72
Viewing thumbnails by jimrx4
When I use explorer (Vista/Ultimate) I had the option of viewing the contents of a graphic folder as a thumbnail. I installed my kid's copy of Office Pro 2003 and when I use windows explorer and a folder that contains say, all jpgs I no longer get a thumbnail view but just the picture name, i.e.. IMP_0784.jpg. How do I get my view (thumbnail) back so I don't have to click/dbl-clk the photo...
May 27th 07 08:16 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
1 72
HELP! formatting cds by DanniL
Hi, don't know if any1 can help but i'm pretty desperate! my friend has some really imporant photos on a cd and can't view them with vista but can with xp, she was told there is a way to format cds in xp to make them compatable with vista, is this true? if so how do I do it?
July 17th 07 05:09 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 72
Burning from playlist by MNdarcy
I have VISTA and trying to burn a playlist onto CD from Media Payler - I can't get the CD to burn because I get a message to connect a burner & restart. I want to burn from Media Player. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to correct? MNdarcy
July 27th 07 07:32 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 72
wmv video thumbnails by AL
Is there a way of specifying which frame of a wmv file that Vista uses to generate its thumbnails? With a few of my files the thumbnail is just black as it has seemed to pick a black frame at random. TIA.
July 27th 07 10:37 AM
by AL Go to last post
0 72
Print all tags associated with a thumbnail by Wildflower
Windows Vista Home Premium Photo Gallery: I would like to print a composit thumbnail page on sticky label paper with all the associated tags, date pict taken, any comments: selected fields of the meta data. I have thousands of family pictures that were taken before digital camera that I plan to scan into Photo Gallery and onto the computer. I only want to label them through tags and...
August 10th 07 05:54 PM
by Wildflower Go to last post
2 72
Video Capture Vista 64 by GoTimothy[_2_]
:cry: How come none of my video equipment works? I have several cameras, capture cards and can't get anything to work. My Ati HDTV video card will show Hi Def but the analog capture will not work nor will any of my web-cams. My new all digital video camera will not capture video either. I bought the 64 bit because they said that would be good for Video. ATI says they do not make 64 bit video...
August 10th 07 06:35 PM
by GoTimothy[_2_] Go to last post
0 72
My Documents - Restoration by itsalladream
I was trying to move all of my documents to my new external hdd, so first I changed the location of my document folder to my new f: drive. I didn't get back to it until a couple of weeks because family came to visit, so when I tried moving My Music to the drive, I entered f:\documents as the location, thinking it would append the \music to the end of it. Well, it didn't, so then I had...
April 23rd 07 04:12 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post

From The