Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
photo with voice clip by Jeff Dean
I am currently scanning in a lot of old family photos. It would be great if there were a file type that allowed the user to easily bundle a voice clip with a photo. That way I could have my mother, who is in failing health, to narrate short (30 sec) descriptions of who is in what photo and its significance. This would not only enable me to capture the relevance of the photos, but also my...
September 9th 06 04:11 PM
by Mike Williams [Thin Ice] Go to last post
3 659
WMP 11 .wma files and DRM by Patrick
Hello. Awhile back I saw a post from someone, I believe his name was "MICHAEL". He had stated that he had paid lots of money for downloaded music and could not get the .wma files to play in Vista, and that WMP no longer allows for the backup and restoration of licenses. There is this program out there that will take care of your problem. Microsoft has already tried several times to beat...
September 15th 06 01:55 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
3 654
How to enjoy TV shows on iPod and enjoy iPod on TV by john191103[_23_]
Many iPod users watch the hit “Gossip Girl” or “Lost” through the smart toy of iPod, but it costs money to download each episode, so that a full season of “Lost” will cost quite much. Now you can make a budget for a DVD to iPod Converter. This is the very way that costs you the least. The DVDs, you may say, cost more. Yes, it is true, but you don’t need to buy DVDs, you can record DVDs all by...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 09 01:04 AM
by bill198203[_47_] Go to last post
10 651
Macromedia Projector stopped responding by rocharl
I have Comcast PhotoShow which I cannot open in my new Windows Vista. I had no problems with Windows XP. I have had so many issues with Vista not being compatible with many of my programs. Does anyone know how to fix this. I was on the phone with microsoft for about an hour and a half, but with no success. I would be very grateful for any help. I love the photoshow and I enjoy making them. ...
July 8th 09 05:49 AM
by victoriachick Go to last post
6 650
Volume Mixers? by Eck
That speaker mute when headphones are detected works with my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. But it's not done by the Windows mixer. Rather the Creative AudioConsole's setting to Mute Speakers When Headphones are attached. That kind of thing probably needs manufacturer software to work. It's a whole new Audio concept in Vista. Even with the updated Creative drivers for Vista Beta 2 my mixers...
August 30th 06 03:24 AM
by Eck Go to last post
0 650
dvd maker and indeo by Pierre Send
DVD maker does not work for me at all. After adding a file and pressing the continue button the program shuts down. The solution as given by Microsoft is the following: *************************************************** Follow these steps to solve the problem with Indeo® audio software This problem was caused by Indeo® audio software. Indeo® audio software was created by Intel...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 10:13 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
22 648
Vista firewire problems by CCT
I am trying to download video from my Sony TRV-310 handicam using firewire to my new Vista laptop. Vista does not see my camera. However when I plug the same camera and firewire cable into an older computer with XP sp2, it works fine. This is very perplexing. I've seen others with the same problem though with different camcorders and no one seems to have an answer. Is there anyway to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 09 03:21 PM
by dburek151 Go to last post
21 647
delete shortcut on desktop by DPL
**There are many programs that users install that install shortcuts on the vista desktop. It is a frustration that when you drag n drop a shortcut the the recycle bin that it will always ask you if you know that you aren't actually deleting the program or it's functionality. Why can't we just acknowledge this for all further choices. Reduce extra click . Vista Rc 1 I know shortcuts aren't...
September 3rd 06 09:01 AM
by DPL Go to last post
0 647
VLC and Media Player Classic by naters22
Every time I try to watch any kind of video (DVD, AVI, MPG) in either VLC or Media Player Classic, Aero unloads and the basic theme loads. It switches back after stopping the media, but it is getting rather annoying. Why can WMP 11 play these video files without a hitch but VLC and MPC cause Vista to drop Aero?
September 11th 06 06:02 PM
by Phillip Pi Go to last post
4 644
Add title to picture from within Vista MCE by Gertjan van der Linden
Hello, it would be great if it would be possible to add title and subject (and comment) information to pictures while watching them in Vista Media Center and while looking at the pictures in the picture map in Vista. In this last view, I can add tags, but no titles and so on! Thank you, greetings,
August 31st 06 09:49 PM
by Gertjan van der Linden Go to last post
0 644
Why can I edit mp4 files (Flip Mino-HD) in Movie Maker? by eisenworks
It's clear that most people cannot edit .mp4 files from their Flip Mino-HD camcorders in Movie Maker. I can, on three different computers in my household -- all except for the lone XP system. All of these computers have different applications installed. I thought I had it figured out. When I plug in the Flip, it installs FlipShare automatically. I have plugged the Flip into two of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 15th 09 05:41 AM
by Afiqah Azlee Go to last post
25 635
Removing old Windows XP installation after upgrade to Vista? Possi by BJones
Is is possible or safe to simply delete the old Windows "backup" files after a successful upgrade, or are they still somehow required by Vista? If possible, can I just delete them in Explorer, or is there some other method? Thanks in advance.
September 13th 06 12:54 AM
by BJones Go to last post
1 635
5552 Doesnt Like MPEG4-ASP by Anon
Neither xvid or divx is ok with 5552. In the media centre, any mpeg4-asp avi library of any size will crash eshell.exe repeatably. Also, why oh why, is the media centre library not cached!!!! MS! Please pay attention. Do you realise how long it takes to thumbnail 300gig+ libraries of mpeg4-asp / avi content.... Also every attempt to optimise the network to my 360 media centre extender
August 30th 06 10:25 PM
by Anon Go to last post
2 633
DVD Decoder issues by Will Schuitman
The decoder file is MSMPEG2VDEC.DLL and is located in your system32 folder however having said this I'm not sure as to how I repair it I'm windows Xp you would be able to restore a system file with "system file checker" however as far as I know you can't do that with vista not sure if this helps you I'll let you know if I work anything out "JW" wrote in message...
September 1st 06 12:28 PM
by Will Schuitman Go to last post
0 633
No sound when play DVD by 電腦åˆå­¸è€…
I'm sorry that post 4 questions in there because I receive error message when I post.(It told me message did not post). My sound card driver is Realtek AC'97 Audio, the driver is download from Windows Vista auto update. I find there are no sound when I play DVD. (in media player and media center) But it can play CD and have sound in other application program. Is it decoder program?
July 27th 08 09:35 PM
by What cn I do to fix problem? Go to last post
4 633
Rotating Pictures by Todd Smith
Hi Anyone notice that when viewing thumbnails using explorer and you rotate a picture, the picture does not display the rotation unitl you refresh the screen. Thanks
August 30th 06 08:40 PM
by Todd Smith Go to last post
0 632
C00D272F by katt331
I'm trying to synch music to my iRiver H10 and every time I get error code C00D272F. I restored my media licenses, but still get same error code. I'm using WMP10. I rolled back from WMP11 because I eas getting another error code(C00D1236 ). Please help. Thanks
September 12th 06 04:57 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
1 631
Editing recorded dvr-ms files by Nick Payne
Is there anything I can use to edit a recording made by media center off live TV? I just want to chop off the extraneous crap at the beginning and end so that I only have the program itself. I haven't found any way to do it in media center itself, and the recorded file has an extension of .dvr-ms. I tried opening in in the Womble MPEG editor that I usually use but nothing doing. What...
October 8th 06 03:12 PM
by Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT] Go to last post
1 629
Video Email by Sterdog
Hello, I have heard that vista has video email capabilities. Is this true? If so, is there a plugin, download etc to view it on the receiving side? thanks.
September 4th 06 05:19 AM
by Sterdog Go to last post
3 625
MP3 files in Windows Vista 5536 by Matmatulao
Just installed Vista 5536. Strange problem occurs when I try to play any kind of music files in Vista. Both Media player and Itunes play the files but the whole system freezes after a while (20 to 30 seconds). Any suggestions? previous build I was using was 5472 and no such problem happened.
August 29th 06 11:04 PM
by Matmatulao Go to last post

From The