Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
AutoPlay & AutoRun in Vista by Phil
My neighbor has a problem with AutoPlay/AutoRun in his Vista PC. Whenever he inserts an Audio or software CD nothings happens. Have checked Control Panel/Autorun and everything looks Ok. Have gone into the Registry and checked value for autorun which is 1. Is there any other place to check to see if AutoRun/AutoPlay is enabled or disabled? Any help appreciated. Phil B.
March 8th 09 01:25 PM
by Michael Dobony Go to last post
2 181
Desktop Wallpaper not working by Sheree
I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the desktop background color. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 09 05:13 AM
by javedkhoja Go to last post
13 300
Blue screen during video playback (xvid) on Vista Ultimate x64 by andersg
Hi My system crashes and I get a blue screen everytime i try to play xvid video. I've tried using both VLC and Kopei's codec with WMP. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 with the following hardwa Core 2 Duo E6400 Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 iP965 2x1024MB Corsair XMS2-6400 Gigabyte GeForce 7600GT SilentPipe II 256MB
March 6th 09 10:37 PM
by MPC007 Go to last post
9 153
Problems Video/Audio Matching by Lisa[_5_]
I'm having a problem watching videos on my laptop. The picture and audio don't match for more than 5 minutes. I can restart the video from the point it got out of sync and it will only last for 2 to 5 minutes. I know it's my laptop because I can copy the video to a DVD and watch it on my TV just fine.
March 6th 09 06:03 PM
by Lisa[_5_] Go to last post
2 155
Background music by t-4-2[_98_]
I had an answer before, long while back. But I lost the copy. So, I have to ask again. Here is what I did : Open create mail Format Background Sound browse to choose my music click Open OK PS. I used mp3 instead of .wav or midi format becuse the other 2 took forever to load and send. Here is my problem : I sent it to myself for testing. Music came on as I opened the e-mail. But when...
March 6th 09 04:21 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
0 188
Problem with sound features by LJ Wieffering
Hello people, I think the other people with a 5.1 sound system have noticed 2. But the sound system with 5.1 is not working with WMP.. I would like to know if there's a solution to solve this problem, I'll be pleased 2 know.. I searched for solutions on the internet but i couldn't find them/it.. Greetingz.. Wieffring, L.
March 5th 09 02:58 PM
by LJ Wieffering Go to last post
1 164
Learn To Read Music for Students or Children! 10384 by Athena[_3_]
Learn To Read Music for Students or Children! How Your Child Or Student Can Read Music Notes -- Easily And Quickly! http://tinyurl.com/d95e7z V^tXG((So=GUVsCfS(atQfX
March 5th 09 12:03 PM
by Athena[_3_] Go to last post
0 203
R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3 by Gorka
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka
March 5th 09 09:54 AM
by Gorka Go to last post
0 147
Camera to Computer Upload Not Automatic Anymore by gabowman
Hope someone can help! I did have my operating system set up on "Classic" setting to resemble Windows XP and when it was set that way anytime I slid the memory card from my camera in it would pop up the pictures in a new folder in my already existing software I store pictures in. All I needed to do from there were to highlight and drag them into another folder and delete the pictures out of the...
March 4th 09 05:11 PM
by dbknox[_41_] Go to last post
1 186
I can play this video file on Windows Media Player, but can't edit by LiveAndLearn
Hi all, I can play this video file on Windows Media Player, but can't edit it in Window Movie Maker. Gspot reports this file as follows: Audio codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3 Video codec: XVID, Name: XviD ISO MPEG-4
March 4th 09 04:23 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 188
Previewing WMF thumbnails in Vista Windows Explorer? by JMGNole
If I had known that I couldn't do something this simple, I would have stayed with XP. This is the exact thing that makes people laugh at Microsoft. You give us .wmf files, but we can't preview them. What is this, Corel? Bush League. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click...
March 4th 09 03:57 PM
by ronoee Go to last post
4 166
Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound by jdk
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and when I stream videos from websites like Gametrailers.com as either a Windows Media or a Quicktime file the video is choppy and has sound issues. If I download the same video there is no choppyness and once the stream is no longer on HTTP and is on CACHE it is fine. I know i have enough bandwidth for the video and under statistics I does not show any...
March 4th 09 03:40 PM
by chris-martin Go to last post
4 188
Another method of setting wmp64 as your default player. by greeneggsandham
For anyone having trouble setting wmp 64 as there default player after trying the regedit change and it not working for them, it never did for me. I found another way to default to the 64 version. It's alot less graceful but it works and is easy to reverse. Go to program files x86 and change the name of the wmp folder in there to something else like wmp32 or what ever you want to. Next go to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 09 01:52 PM
by greeneggsandham Go to last post
12 397
Media Sharing Problem by dezzlow
I Want to be able to play music, videos & view pictures from my pc to my xbox 360 onto the T.V. Now ALL is pretty much done and set. My 360 is connected to my Pc thru an ethernet cable and the right updates, setting and programs are good to go. Now in windows media player I go to - Library - Media Sharing - Share Media To - Xbox 360 and then click Allow, pretty basic. But on my xbox , my...
March 4th 09 01:09 PM
by hypnoticstate Go to last post
3 168
March 3rd 09 11:57 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 161
media extenders by Russ
My XP computer just crashed, so I replaced it with a Vista HP model with 8GB ram and a TV Tuner card. I understand that it is possible to purchase a wireless extender system that will allow you to play videos(HD?) on the compter that will end up on the TV, as well as record programs from my "cable" box, which, in my case is actually DirecTV. The DVD drive is supposed to be able to play BluRay...
March 3rd 09 07:54 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 182
sf2 files in win vista by paul faucheux
does win vista have support for sf2 files i have a creative sb xfi notebook sound card
March 3rd 09 07:38 PM
by meerkat[_6_] Go to last post
1 194
Windows Photo Gallery restored from OneCare will not use Pictures by TPP
I used Windows OneCare to restore pictures back into my User/Pictures directory. When open Windows Photo Gallery, it is blank, but all of my tags are on the left side. Trying to Add Folders to Gallery, assigning my Pictures folder, I get the error, "This folder or one of its parent folders is considered a system folder. It is recommended that you move your pictures to the Pictures folder...
March 3rd 09 01:05 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
1 148
Screenshots in Vista? How to? by Rob Tillitz[_2_]
How do I do a screenshot in Vista? I don't have the snipping tool that I see mentioned. I try alt+ PrtScn and then cntrl+V on a clean MS Word Page and am getting nothing. Rob Tillitz
March 3rd 09 12:15 AM
by Lester Stiefel Go to last post
2 195
Creating Clips from Imported Videos? by Marcus[_4_]
Whenever I click to create clips from a selected video I have imported, this message pops up: "Clips can't be created because you do not have permission to change the video file." How do I make it possible to create clips?
March 2nd 09 01:05 AM
by Marcus[_4_] Go to last post

From The