Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
"Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail window by DBourne
I am unable to attach a photo to e-mail (or any other attachment) in Windows Explorer in Vista. For example, with a photo, I right-click, select "Send to....Email Recipient", select size, slect "Attach", and then nothing happens. A mail window does not open. This is also the case when trying to attach ANY file using the right-click context menu method. Other attach methods work (i.e....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 08 07:07 PM
by gkalcheva Go to last post
16 233
WMP stopped working by S4p1r0thx
Ok im a newbie here and i dont know whether this section is right for me to post. Here's my problem : Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000 Application Timestamp: 47919356
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 09 04:22 AM
by haunt Go to last post
16 423
Display Has Suddenly Shrunk by Jay
Everything on my screen has suddenly been greatly reduced in size. I did nothing new. Tried rebooting to no avail. Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 6th 08 07:08 PM
by donna Go to last post
16 484
Pictures corrupt by 2pods
I found this on a MS board, but it's exactly what's happening to me. Does anyone know what's happened ? "When I copied pictures (using Windows Explorer) from my XP Desktop to my Vista Laptop using an external hard drive about 10% of my files were compressed horizontally (resulting in a narrow vertical band). This appears in the thumbnail and when opened with Windows Photo Gallery. There is no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 09 03:58 AM
by haunt Go to last post
16 328
USB-Audio Driver (w. BOSE Companion 5) by Sneaker
Hi all With the current Standard Microsoft Driver for USB-Audio Devices I'm getting distortions. I've already tried SP1 (Eval). No improvement. I'm using a BOSE Companion 5 sound system, but several users complain the same problem with other brands of sound devices, as you may read in popular Vista-Boards. When listening to sound of all kinds, such as music from Windows Media
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 09 08:36 AM
by Elix Go to last post
16 623
Nikon Raw Codec not working in Photo Gallery by R3i
I have downloaded and installed the latest Raw Codec from Nikon (NcRawCodec101v) when prompted to do so by Vista when I ran Photo Gallery. However when trying to view a raw file (NEF) in Photo Gallery I a still getting the "Photo Gallery can't open this picture or video". Anyone have any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 08:46 PM
by apedcen Go to last post
16 206
Nvidia, Vista, and DVD problems? by Michelle
Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out why my DVDs have problems playing on my computer. What happens is the video seems to lag, and you get a jumpy like screen. In other words, the dialog is nice and smooth, but the picture jumps and skips. I'm sorry I'm not able to describe it more, but I'm not a very technical person. I have Windows Vista with the Nvidia GForce 7150M/nForce630M...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 29th 08 04:37 PM
by Michelle Go to last post
15 442
low memory when trying to play dvd's by JBejarano
I recently developed a problem with trying to play dvd's using either Media Player or Media Center in Vista beta 2. If I try to play them with Media Player, I get a "low memory" error. If I try it in Media Center, it does nothing at all. I must admit it has been a couple of weeks since the last time I tried to play a dvd, but up until today, I had no problems playing them. I tried restoring...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 10th 06 01:09 AM
by JBejarano Go to last post
15 856
Windows Media Stops Working with DVDs by DoctorA
To The Experts, Past weeks I have had problem when trying to play DVD with WMP or Media Center that both state problem has caused to close. This is data from latest WMP close: *problem signature *problem event name: appcrash application name: wmplayer.exe application version: 11.0.6001.7000 application timestamp: 47919356 fault module name: msmpeg2adec.dll
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 08 11:25 PM
by DoctorA Go to last post
15 445
WMP no video by Throbbin
I am not getting anyvideo in Windows Media player Ver 11.0.5721.5230, only sound. This issue is not true for mplayer2.exe it works perfectly. I have all latest updates from WIndows update. I have tried to Rollback to WMP 10 and have reinstalled WMP11 from microsoft download site and from windows update. I did have soem issues installing as there was a registry entrie that the permissions were...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 08 08:21 AM
by Moira G Go to last post
15 316
Movie maker video transition not smooth by kchin
Hi, I need help, - when I add 2 video clips to make movie in Window Vista Movie Maker I notice that the video at around the tranition period (only few seconds) is "jummpy" or somewhat "shaking", what should i do? I have made many movies from Window XP version and did not have this problem before, please advise if anyone out there know the answer. Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 01:32 PM
by Brian Bartholomew Go to last post
15 352
Movie Maker can not publish movie by Jags
Hi, I am using Vista Home Premium. I have created a movie with Movie Maker, and when i try to publish the movie with the default settings, its giving an error message: "Movie Maker can not publish the movie. The source files may not be available, or the disk space is not enouth...". I have my source files in the same path, 50GB of free disk space is there. But its not publishing the movie....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 5th 08 04:18 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
15 327
DVD Format info please by Dave T.[_2_]
Made my first movie in WMM. This is my "Classroom video", where I am learning to use the software. Question: What video format would be best to burn to DVD+R for viewing on home theater or standard DVD players? I want good quality. Opinions please. TIA -- Dave T.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 08 12:38 PM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
15 202
How to maintain quality between Movie Maker and third party DVD authoring tool by EvanBarr
I have already spent a lot of time editing my clips using Movie Maker but I want to use a program other than DVD Maker to create my DVDs. What format should I use when I publish from MM to eliminate any possible loss of quality? The source material for one set of DVDs is DV-AVI and for a different set, it will all be mpeg. I have not yet selected the DVD authoring product that I will be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 07 11:34 PM
by EvanBarr Go to last post
15 196
video not imported correctly by bl18wcc
can't import video on windows dvd maker -- bl18wcc trying to import video from a jvc grd90us minidv camcorder through the firewall port, i can control the camcorder from my pc but when i try to import the video nothing shows in the preview screen, when i stop it says the video was not imported correctly, verify that the digital video tape was not blank and then try again, running vista on a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 08 09:42 PM
by dave johns Go to last post
15 300
Vista Movie Maker by Yankee 7
I tried to import a movie clip from an older Ulead VideoStudio 9 file (Both ..VSP & .UPD files) .. I get the message that ... This file cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again. Where do I get this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 07 05:22 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
15 217
Movie Maker's Timeline won't play. by player2
When I add more than five short movie clips, save and quit, then reload it, I can't play the timeline or export the movie. I can edit and everything else just fine, I just can't play it back. Does anyone know what's wrong?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 25th 08 05:31 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
15 350
Green photos by koven
Hi, After instaling Vista - everything is OK After instaling other drivers and soft - my pictures get green (photoshop, windows photo gallery) but they show ok under xnView. Doe anyone know how to repair this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 07 08:48 PM
by Dave Go to last post
15 190
Installing URGE by Barry
I downloaded the URGE program to my desktop. When I try to install it, I get an error message that says "Error 1304 - Error writing to file c\programdata\desktop\URG.inc. verify that you have access to that directory". What's this mean and how do I fix it???? Thanks Barry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 07 11:21 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
15 167
Print Screen Program by Usama
When I take print screens and put them on paint to save them the quality is rubbish. :( Is there a *free *program that you can take print screens with that does not decrease the quality? Thanks -- Usama
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 09 04:02 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post

From The