Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
REPLACEMENT FOR MS PICTURE IT!??? by Dom3
Can someone tell me a replacement for the program Microsoft Picture It!? I can't get it to work with my new Vista system. Does microsoft make a replacement? Any help will be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 05:15 PM
by Platinu Kismet Go to last post
15 625
Alterative Music Players by cvp
O K Guys! Let me top into the wealth of knowledge here... I'm looking for an alternative to WMP11 with the ability to deal with music files properly (see below...). I've worked my way through a whole bunch of these without success. and I'm looking for one that runs in Windows Vista and one that runs in Ubuntu, but they don't have to be the same. It would be nice if they could play WMA files...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 5th 07 03:49 AM
by cvp[_2_] Go to last post
46 624
USB-Audio Driver (w. BOSE Companion 5) by Sneaker
Hi all With the current Standard Microsoft Driver for USB-Audio Devices I'm getting distortions. I've already tried SP1 (Eval). No improvement. I'm using a BOSE Companion 5 sound system, but several users complain the same problem with other brands of sound devices, as you may read in popular Vista-Boards. When listening to sound of all kinds, such as music from Windows Media
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 09 08:36 AM
by Elix Go to last post
16 623
Import Pictures - Canon Digital Rebel by lairdzoo
I am having trouble importing pictures from my Canon Digital Rebel. Driver installed fine, and the device is listed in the Scanners and Cameras copntrol panel. However, I have no options for importing. The device does not show up in Explorer, and the camera is not an available option in the Windows Photo Gallery import dialog. Anyone had the same problems or any tips? Thanks!
August 15th 09 04:45 AM
by mked Go to last post
3 623
Problem With Title Overlay on WMM by Lisa[_5_]
I'm having a problem with the overlay title on selected clips feature on WMM bleeding from one pix to another. I have around 300 pix and all are fine but a couple of cells. I don't want to slow the transition on all pix and I don't think it's possible to do it on select ones. Is there any other way to correct this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 09 10:05 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
14 619
help capturing video from camera into Windows Movie Maker by print_maker
Does your camcorder only have a USB connection, or does it also have 1394 (firewire)? If it has both, the USB is often only for taking files off a memory card and what you want to use is the 1394 connection. "OJ" wrote in message ...
August 29th 06 03:02 AM
by print_maker Go to last post
0 617
How to enjoy converting DVD into any format you like with 50% off by bill198203
I often said that there is no such an application that can be defined as all-in-one, or one-step to satisfy all your needs. Take DVD ripper for example, there are DVD ripping software that prevent you from importing DVD videos with CSS or CPPM protection for to fight against copy piracy. This is right, but causes some trouble for users who want to convert DVD videos to AVI, MPEG, and WMV etc....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 17th 09 08:40 AM
by bill198203[_13_] Go to last post
24 616
Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files by dotbowels
Pictures get downloade okay and I can see files/thumbnails. When I try and open individual photos, I can't. I get a Microsoft Photo Editor- ERROR Opening file message. Please help me if you can. Thanks Dorothy -- dotbowels
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 09 03:05 AM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
10 615
Can I Split An Album Audio Track? by brikendor[_2_]
In 2001 I bought a stand alone CD recorder to transfer my vinyl collection. I am now in the process of ripping the resultant CDs and I thought this might be a good time to correct some of my early recording mistakes - the most common being that I forgot to manually increment track numbers. Is it possible to split a single WMA track into the original component tracks and, if so, how do I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 09 04:33 AM
by brikendor[_2_] Go to last post
12 615
Windows Movie Maker - no video in .avi files by sandstorm6299
Hi, I'm having trouble with Windows Movie Maker. When I import .avi files into the program, only the sound is imported, but the video part is not. I have tested this with .wmv files and there is no problem. Pictures and sound files import correctly as well. I have ticked all the boxes in Tools Options Compatibility
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 09 12:29 AM
by knightofcomputers[_2_] Go to last post
31 614
Resume from extended pause issue, AVI. by Steve Urbach
Anyone else see this (bug). Vista 5536 default WMP. AMD 2600+ 1.5G RAM I pause a AVI (Xvid) and go off for a time. When I return and click play, A message pops up stating Media player has encountered a problem, "Close" or "Web Help" +Meanwhile, the movie has resumed. There is no option to retry or ignore, Just close WMP. If you use the red X, the movie Stops. If you click play, you get...
September 1st 06 03:57 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
0 613
WMP 11 on Vista Biz x64 Appcrash by bad_the_ba
I'm hoping zachd sees this, since I have followed many of his instructions and nothing has worked. Everything on his site looks very helpful, but I think my situation may be a little more unique. I installed Vista x64 several months ago, and have had Media Player working fine with K-lite codec pack (being Vista Biz, there was no out of the box DVD playback). It has also worked fine with Nero OEM...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 08 11:26 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
11 611
show/Hide playlist in Windows Media Player 11 by Harry
I am playing a playlist via LAN which worked as advertised. I have lost the playlist on the dialog that had visulization and playlist showing. Now visulization takes up the entire dialog. There must be a way to select "show/hide" playlist. I can not find it. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
April 22nd 10 09:28 AM
by Reply Go to last post
6 610
Add title to picture from within Vista MCE by Gertjan van der Linden
Hello, it would be great if it would be possible to add title and subject (and comment) information to pictures while watching them in Vista Media Center and while looking at the pictures in the picture map in Vista. In this last view, I can add tags, but no titles and so on! Thank you, greetings,
August 31st 06 09:50 PM
by Gertjan van der Linden Go to last post
0 610
windows media player 11 takin up 100% mem always by molie
I have recently updated to windows media player 11 and had to uninstall it twice since because it always takes up 100% memory when in use and turns itself off when browsing through the video library. I have read a few things about it and is it because MICROSOFT is sending secret information from our computers to somewhere or is it just rubbish!!!!???? Am i the only one who has had this...
September 22nd 06 04:40 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
3 609
No sound - High Definition Audio Device by BoDEAN
Have an ASUS V6j laptop. Sometimes I have sound, sometimes I dont. Speaker volume is all the way up. Any suggestions?
September 9th 06 10:04 PM
by Mike Williams [Thin Ice] Go to last post
1 605
No Sound in Vista 5536 by David
I am using Windows Vista Build 5536 on Virtual PC 2004 and there seems to be no driver for audio. Has a smarty figured this out yet?
August 31st 06 11:08 PM
by Xanik Go to last post
1 604
Pinnacle PCTV Rave Tuner not detected by MediaCenter by Schevenels Patrick
Hello. The TV tuner of my card Pinnacle PCTV Rave is not detected by Windows Vista Media Center (both on Beta 2 and on Pre-RC1, both with Windows Update drivers and with drivers provided with the card). How could I have this tuner detected by Media Center ? Thanks
August 31st 06 05:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 603
How do I get Vista to use stand freqs instead of HRC freqs with my cbl co? by JW
I have what appears as bad interfrence on all of my cable channels with Vista B2. When going back through TV set up and saying I have an antenna instead of the actual cable all of the lower numbered channels come in fine (higher channels don't come in).
August 28th 06 01:55 PM
by JW Go to last post
0 602
media sharing problems by LukeT
I'm trying to setup wmp11 to share my media with my xbox360 over my wireless network. when i try to turn media sharing on i get an error messege "Media sharing has been turned off because a required Windows setting or component has changed. For additional assistance, click Web Help" the "web help" page tells me "You've encountered error message C00D0FF4" and carries on explaining to me how to...
April 4th 10 04:17 AM
by Antrikshy Go to last post

From The