Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Save Old DVDs to Computer by C and A Bredt
I had some of my old family movie reels put onto DVDs. I read that they need to be re-burned every few years to keep them from deteriorating. True? When I look at them with Windows Explorer, there is a folder = VIDEO_TS, that contains files with extensions = BUP, IFO, VOB. Can I save them on my computer then later re-burn them to DVDs for storage?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 09 01:24 AM
by siblis Go to last post
15 822
REPLACEMENT FOR MS PICTURE IT!??? by Dom3
Can someone tell me a replacement for the program Microsoft Picture It!? I can't get it to work with my new Vista system. Does microsoft make a replacement? Any help will be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 05:15 PM
by Platinu Kismet Go to last post
15 625
Where is Vista's Windows Auido Converter? by Noja
Did vista remove the Windows audio converter that I loved so much with XP? I can't find it anywhere, and I can't find it in help topics anywhere. I know how to change the file type when I rip a CD but right now I have alot of WMA files that I want converted to MP3 and I can't find a way to get vista to do that. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 08 07:17 AM
by Jaymes Go to last post
14 229
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Support ALC663/ALC272. 2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature. 3. Customizations.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 02:34 AM
by 180pilot Go to last post
14 293
Having trouble importing pics from my camera by Nikster
I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When importing; my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import All the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old ones. I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have to wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones from my file. Can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 08 04:01 PM
by dbknox[_40_] Go to last post
14 272
How do I copy a DVD? by DMD guy
I would like to start doing video, on my computer, and I know nothing about it. Right now, what I am trying is to copy an old (8mm film - no sound) home movie that is on a DVD -- to my hard drive -- then burn it onto a blank DVD so that I can have a 2nd copy. I am asking for step by step help as to how to do this. What I've tried on my own hasn't worked. I have a vista laptop about 6 months...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 08 03:55 PM
by NTI CD&DVD COPY Go to last post
14 325
Website for Uploading Movie clips by Jekyll and Hyde
Hi all, Anyone know of a site that I could use to upload some ingame movie clips too? I know there is youtube, but that does'nt really appeal to me, is there anywhere else? preferably a free host. I have the full version of Fraps now and want to post some awesome movie clips of some of my games, I think I have managed to crop the clips size down, although I am still experimenting for now lol
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 08 09:53 AM
by vernjords_32[_2_] Go to last post
14 271
movie with no sound by Scorpio
I have a file called .mov when i open it opens with quick time but there is no sound.. I right click to open with media player but I don't have that as a option can someone help me? I don't understand why some files are .Mov and some are .AVI comes from the same camera? I want it to open with media player if it's possible. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 09 06:35 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
14 292
Problem With Title Overlay on WMM by Lisa[_5_]
I'm having a problem with the overlay title on selected clips feature on WMM bleeding from one pix to another. I have around 300 pix and all are fine but a couple of cells. I don't want to slow the transition on all pix and I don't think it's possible to do it on select ones. Is there any other way to correct this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 09 10:05 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
14 619
Configure MC with TvTuner card. Not getting ANY digital signal. by Xzeper-Eddie
Hi! (Hope this is right place, because its so hard to know where to ask.) I have problem with my TV-Tuner card, or Media Center (Under Vista). I have no cluse how to set up the card in Meda Center... The card is an AverMedia M779 Hybrid, Shipped with the computer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 06:56 PM
by Curious Go to last post
14 241
Streaming Video Problem by Cyclonic
Like a number of similar postings I am unable to stream video from a web site. I have attempted the various solutions offerred in these postings to no avail. Media Player and Explorer are working fine in all other respects on my Vista Ultimate software. Any new suggestions would be appreciated. -- Cyclonic
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 4th 07 03:04 AM
by Sjoselyn Go to last post
14 202
New Kodak EasyShare Software (ver. 6.4) Available Today by Cal Bear '66
New Kodak EasyShare Software (ver. 6.4) Available Today http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=7895&pq-locale=en_US I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 08 03:56 AM
by Diane[_2_] Go to last post
14 343
avi problems by avi problems
how come when i play avi files the audio plays but the video dont? can anyone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 08 06:49 PM
by Zoloft Go to last post
14 200
C00D1199 error when trying to play WMV on Vista; works fine on XP by Peter Haumer[_2_]
Hello. I installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit edition and having trouble playing my collection of WMV files that work perfectly fine under Windows XP Mediaplayer 11. Double-clicking any of my .wmv files causes an C00D1199 error (displayed in a browser after clicking the Help button of the error dialog). Am I missing any codecs on Vista that are available on XP? The files are unprotected and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 09 06:30 PM
by alphano Go to last post
14 324
Tv output, PAL by Knut
I need to change my secondary display to pal, im running a dell laptop nvidia grapics card. The problem is i can¨t seem to find out how to do it with the drivers that came with my vista installation, i dont want to use dell drivers cause they are from january and working bad. drivers from nvidias site dosn¨t work because i have a laptop. Please help me, maybe there is some kind of way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 07 10:05 AM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
14 163
Movie DVDs by Bob J
My desktop DVD/Cd drive does not recognize/load commercial Movie DVDs. Regional setting correct Australia - Region 4. -= (Have reset, just incase) Drive will recognize /load every other form of DVD/CD. Checked for most recent Driver. The DVDs operate OK on other machines and DVD player attached to TV Any suggestions or solutions welcome, even obvious ones!!!!! Vista Home Premium installed &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 29th 07 01:01 AM
by Benny__RT Go to last post
14 233
No sound in video files by GR Stuart
The other day my Windows Media player quit having any sound with my video files. This happens with .mpg and .avi files. The .avi files are encoded with XVID video codec and mp3 audio. They play fine with other players but just not with Media Player.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 07 04:24 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
14 158
Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working ..pop up... by bucfan
Several times a day just randomly I get a pop up that that says "Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working " and then it says it can check for a solution or close the program. First off, this happens when I am not even running windows media players. Its just random. What could be the problem and why is it that all of a sudden I can not play .WMV files either embedded in web pages or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 07 10:52 AM
by keithstaa Go to last post
14 218
WPG by Rennie
Vista RC1 Build 5600 When I try to open a picture in WPG I get the following error This picture can't be displayed. You may not have enough memory available. Close some programs or, if your disk is almost full, free some disk space and try again. I have 1.5GB of memory which 56% is available and 38.4GB of free hard disk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 07 08:54 PM
by DRBE Go to last post
14 1,070
Has anything change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam for Vista? by JDR
I wonder whether anything has change with drivers for Logitech QuickCam, since this post appeared in August? Do the vendors / producers of Logitech webcams do have drivers for Vista ready? Thanks =============== Try the XP drivers - that is how I use my Pro 4000. -- Richard Hay
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 06 05:13 AM
by V McGhee Go to last post

From The