Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Distorted images after transferring by Mom2One
I have a new camera and a new Dell 531S with an SD card. Almost every time I transfer pictures from the card to the computer (running vista) I get pictures that are severly distorted. The problems range from pics being grayed out, 1/2 the picture during a different color (red or blue), or just strange lines through pics. I tried using a stand alone USB card reader and the built in reader. I...
March 3rd 08 05:51 AM
by tracy231 Go to last post
1 73
Photo Gallery multiple windows by J T
Hi, When I download pictures from my classic car news group Photo Gallery opens each picture in a new window. I end up with dozens of open Photo Gallery windows, a real pain. In Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (XP) it would just open the next picture and not open multiple windows for each one. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there a way to fix this problem, or better yet get Picture and...
October 22nd 07 11:17 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 73
vizulization by jonny
when i go to full screen my vizulisation changes to some crappy line thing only a niggle i know but really ****ing me off.but i guess thats vista for ya can any one shed some light many thanx in advance -- jonny
October 27th 07 06:52 PM
by jonny Go to last post
0 73
Anyone using Media Center PC & an extender to view content on TV by Tammy Miller
I would like to do this setup in the new house if it would work. It looks like I can have Vista Media Center PC on a workstation and up to four Vista-compatible extenders hooked up to TVs. I would especially like to view streaming online/instant movies from Netflix on the TV in the other room. How does recording of cable TV work with media center PC vs Tivo? I have no experience with...
November 4th 07 11:38 AM
by Wally Go to last post
1 73
browsing music by folders in vista media centre by fluf
Hi, I've a collection of some 16,000 mp3's which I've collected over several years, they are all in correctly named folders according to artist and album but unfortunately named "untitled 1.mp3" etc etc.. When using media centre to browse my music how frustrating is it see there isn't an option to browse the music library by using a folder view, just the useless options microsoft have seen...
November 10th 07 03:21 AM
by fluf Go to last post
0 73
Photo Gallery won't load by tathraman
I can't get any of my photos to show up in Photo Gallery. My understanding is that all photos in "Pictures" will be automatically added to PG, but this hasn't happened. When I try File/Add Folder in Photo Gallery, I get the error message "You can't add this location to the picture gallery. This folder or one of its parent folders is considered a system folder or marked as hidden. It's...
November 11th 07 03:01 AM
by tathraman Go to last post
0 73
Viewing pictures in Vista by VistaNewbie
Hi, I am having trouble with the Gallery software. My pictures seem to be very low resolution compared to viewing them in other applications. Also, when I run the Slide Show the performance is very jerky and the Classic view is full of artefacts. I have 2GB of RAM and 1.8 GHz Processor so I should be able to view photos pretty well, currently the experience is much worse than my old XP...
December 3rd 07 12:59 PM
by VistaNewbie Go to last post
0 73
Problem Dragging Images to the Timeline by Redleg
Hi, I am building a movie of individual images. I have dragged a number of them to the timeline with no problem. Some of the images will not drag there, I get the little circle with a diagonal slash in it. I don't see any rhyme nor reason why certain pictures won't move. Other pictures don't have a problem. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
December 11th 07 07:22 PM
by Redleg Go to last post
0 73
Photo Gallery in Vista by jowa
Why does Photo Gallery in Vista tell me it can't find items (photos) just uploaded, when the pictures open and let me manipulate them? It just won't copy them to another file or a memory card for a photo frame?
December 24th 07 02:13 AM
by jowa Go to last post
0 73
Windows Media Player by Brendan
When I play unpublished videos and imported videos on Windows Moviemaker II everything is fine. Here's the problem: When I publish the video the file when played in WMMII remains fine, but when I play it on WMP 11 the video is essentially shortened in height by half. It looks pretty similar to a dwarf compared to a human, the human is normally proportioned while the dwarf is too short and...
October 20th 07 03:50 AM
by Brendan Go to last post
0 73
AAC integration in Windows Explorer and WMP 11 by thomas.tmc
Better support for AAC is needed in Windows Media Player. Third party plug-ins are unstable, and most other media players support AAC. When I say "support" i mean reading and writing tags, seeking, and media library support. Windows Explorer integration is also needed. This isn't just a problem with AAC, it's the same for Ogg Vorbis and other multimedia formats that aren't as common as MP3,...
October 19th 07 03:53 AM
by thomas.tmc Go to last post
0 73
dvd recorder required by Reece[_2_]
i have a sony dvd rw aw-g170a burner which works with all my other software but when i use windows media centre on vista home premium i can play dvds but if i try to burn one i just get a message cd/dvd recorder required does anyone know how to slove this problem -- Reece
October 1st 07 06:17 PM
by Reece[_2_] Go to last post
6 73
Vista MCE NEEDS Video Options by bambu
Vista MCE has all the options you might expect for viewing pictures and music, but where are the similar options for video files? In Media Player you can add all kinds of meta data to video files such as 'Genre'. You can also tag WMV files, but Media Center doesn't let you take advantage of any of this. This is a real shame, I think, and yet these features could be added in future updates....
April 24th 07 09:02 PM
by bambu Go to last post
0 74
Windows Photo Gallery by Hawni007
Help! In order to get faster performance, I did a couple things to tweak computer. Prob is, now when I try to view an image in WIN Photo Gal (default), all that shows up is the title of my images, not the little thumbnail view. Any tips? Thx all!!
April 25th 07 06:28 PM
by Hawni007 Go to last post
0 74
Is latest itunes fully compatibe with vista? by spocks buddy
The itunes site does not mention vista... some sites say it works... what do you guys say? No problems?
May 1st 07 08:14 PM
by Serge Berat Go to last post
1 74
TMGENc 2.5 encoder can't read avi files in Vista? by Yogi Smith
My avi file can be played on widows media player but when I try to view in on TMGENc 2.5 encoder the video plays a black image. I ran the avi file on gspot and it said the codec is installed dcsd called DVS/DV Video. TMGENc 2.5 works fine in XP but why not in Vista.s How can I get this TMGENc 2.5 encoder to see this avi file in Vista?
May 4th 07 03:13 AM
by Yogi Smith Go to last post
0 74
DVD won't play, digital copy protection issues. by bill
I can't play any DVDs on my Gateway GT5404. It displays the following message: "problem with digital copy protection between DVD drive, decoder and video card. Try installing updated driver on video card." I am running Vista Home Premium. I have all available Windows updates. The driver is a ATAPI DVD WDH16W1P ATA device. Version 6.0 6000 16386. Please help.. It used to work. I have...
May 29th 07 01:46 AM
by Rich Go to last post
1 74
How to get Photo gallery "make a movie" button open WMM 2.6? by Funky
When I clicked on "Make a movie" button in Windows Photo Gallery, I got an error stating that WMM could not start because my video card does not support required hardware acceleration. After browsing through its help, I downloaded and installed WMM 2.6. Now my problem is how do I tell this "Make a movie" button to open WMM 2.6. It just always tries to open the default WMM which came with...
May 21st 07 11:33 PM
by Matt Lichtenberg [MSFT] Go to last post
1 74
paint problem need help please. by RacerX
I just bought a new laptop with the vista operating system. I drew a picture in paint and it turned out very nice untill I saved it. To give you an example of my problem If I draw a square and then save the pic when i reopen it and try to change the background color there is a border of light colored pixels that surround the square.
May 29th 07 04:25 PM
by RacerX Go to last post
2 74
Happy Holidays '07 by Jeff
Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays :-) Jeff (P.S. just figured out how to post to multiple groups-lol- watch out now!!!) jk
December 24th 06 05:16 PM
by Jeff Go to last post

From The