Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder by Jason Quintana
I am having the exact some problem. Quite annoying!! "Daniel Halawi" wrote: Is anyone experienced the above problem.... I have large amounts of different format videos in my video folder, whenever I try to go into the folder, no matter which way, either via explorer, or via windows media, I always get a crash, windows seems to be tryin to thumbnail the videos but fails and...
September 10th 06 07:47 AM
by Jason Quintana Go to last post
0 601
error message C00D1236 by katt331
I'm getting error message C00D1236 while trying to synch music to my iRiver. It never happened with previous versions of WMP. And I don't have hidden files. Thanks
September 11th 06 04:36 PM
by katt331 Go to last post
0 601
Media Player lockup while playing DVD by Jason
On my VistaRC1 the Media Player keeps locking up if I pause the DVD video for more than a few seconds. After the pause if I hit play it takes a while before anything happens and then the video is very choppy and not caught up to the sound. The only "fix" for this is to exit media player then open it again. This only happens if I pause for more than a few seconds. I cant figure out what...
September 23rd 06 08:23 PM
by Jason Go to last post
0 598
sound control by olli
hello, big problem: my pc is always connected to my video recorder. when my wife watches a movie i get the sound on my speakers... i have to switch off the complete sound in the taskbar. even when i go to the device control and pull down the volume at the line-in panel - nothing happens. please give me back the old mixer where i have all devices...mic, line in, stereo mix and so one.... with a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 06 05:07 PM
by Jon Go to last post
13 591
USB soundcard with AC3/DTS SPDIF Pass through by Don Lindbergh
Anybody know of/using a USB sound card with Vista that does ac3/dts pass through via spdif?
September 14th 06 04:55 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 591
How to put video on iPod/iPhone/PSP/Zune/Zen/Sansa Fuze…… by Chik09
This guide is shared to help people put any video on their portable devices. Most devices only accept the following commen video formats: IPOD/IPHONE: H.264 (UP TO 320*240, 768KBPS, 30FPS), MPEG-4 (UP TO 480*480, 2500KBPS, 30FPS). *ZUNE: *WMV, MPEG-4, H.264(30FPS). *CREATIVE ZEN: *AVI. *SANSA: *MPEG-4, MP4.
May 12th 09 08:41 AM
by ShraD[_15_] Go to last post
1 590
cannot see picture thumbnails by shadycheese
i can't see the pictures when i go to the folder where they are ... they just have the standerd gif, jpeg,.... pictures not the thumbnails... even when i change it to view thumbnails it didnt work, but the pictures do work and can be viewed when i open them up under the picture view respond quickly plz! thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 18th 08 06:10 AM
by TimsGhost Go to last post
23 590
why????? by aliaz
Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with Vista ????? Am I missing something? cheers from Holland Hans
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 17th 07 02:53 AM
by Paul Knudsen[_2_] Go to last post
25 589
Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder by Spirefm
I've only got 6 videos in my folder. Explorer shows the thumbnails OK but crashes ALWAYS immediately after that. Umpteen reports have gone off, but I've had nothing back yet. Basically I have to use good old DOS commands on that folder. I couldn't get to the vistabase site listed. Colin "Zack Whittaker" wrote:
September 7th 06 02:53 AM
by Drew Go to last post
1 587
How to convert .MOD file to mpg, avi, wmv and others? by anna66
People who own JVC MOD camcorders, Panasonic MOD camcorders or Canon MOD camcorders encountered the issue with--- what to do with the MOD files? And they hold the same dream that the recorded .MOD file type can be converted to mpeg, avi, mkv, flv, mp4, wmv or whatever more common. However, most major video editing suites seem to unwillingly accept the MOD format. Someone successfully made it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 09 03:18 AM
by layman1980[_16_] Go to last post
10 581
Remove video thumbnail on Windows Explorer by aristofeles
Is there a way (registry hack maybe?) to stop Windows Explorer from creating the thumbnails for video files? I know I can select the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", but that will also remove the image thumbs. What I'm looking for is a XP-like operation.
August 29th 06 09:19 PM
by aristofeles Go to last post
0 581
Movie Maker and Facebook by Bestlife
I used Movie Maker to edit a video and I want to post it on Facebook. Any suggestions out there about how to do that. Thanks
April 24th 10 03:06 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 579
Video Editing Applications by Jo
Has anyone found a video editing application that will work in Vista to produce DVD videos or slideshows? So far both ULead and Roxio don't seem to work for me, and video editing and slideshow production are two important uses for my computer. Without that capability, I'll stick with XP.
September 17th 06 09:01 PM
by Colin Grant Go to last post
6 579
opening emails by spscarpentry
when i open my emails now, all my attachments open with dvd decryter and i cant open them. all my emails use to open with windows media player 10. how do i go back to opening them with windows media player? thanks
September 9th 06 11:57 PM
by spscarpentry Go to last post
0 579
No Remote by bigbw
When I try and run the media center, it asks me for an IR remote and I don't have one connected.. Is there any way around this..
September 19th 06 10:43 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 577
Vista RC1 MCE by carawan
Why in Media Center (build 5600) in libraries no added DVD movies from a hard disk?
September 10th 06 11:46 AM
by carawan Go to last post
0 577
alphabetize new folder by harvey
in xp after creating a new folder, hitting the enter key would automatically insert folder into correct alphabetical place along with other photo folders. how do i do this in vista? the folder just stays at the very end of all the other folders. thanks -- harvey
September 29th 09 03:36 PM
by impossible Go to last post
4 577
Sluggish Audio playback by Arktik
First of all computer specs: Nvidia 6800 Ge-force 512mb video card AMD Athlon 3500+ Sound Blaster Audigy 4 2 Gigs of DDR 3200 Ram 160GB SATA Hard Drive latest vista drivers for major hardware
September 19th 06 07:42 AM
by Jesper Hauge Go to last post
6 577
Surround sound probs with WMP 11 and RC1 by Phil
Have finally got my X-FI card working using beta 2 drivers from Creatives site. If I go to somewhere like http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/domorewith/sursoshowcase.aspx and try their Latin or World Beat sound demos, 5.1 surround works fine. But if I run the Coral Reef Adventure which is a HD video, according to MS I should get this in 5.1, but I'm only getting stereo.
September 12th 06 08:34 PM
by Phil Go to last post
2 575
Media Center TV broken record by
I have Pre-RC1 Build 5536 and I have a lot of trouble with Media Center sounding/looking like a broken record. I just upgraded to 2 GB RAM and it seems to help, but it still occurs after an extended pause. Any ideas?
September 4th 06 03:30 PM
by Meursault Go to last post

From The