Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Search Photo Gallery question by jukieklein
Hello, I'm using Photo Gallery, and have all my pictures tagged. My question is, how can I more specifically search for tagged pictures? For instance, if I want to find all pictures tagged with only "Emily" and "Mary," no other tags, how do I do this? I know I can use the start search in windows, but what "language" do I use to include two tags, while excluding all others? Thank you. --
September 8th 08 01:07 PM
by jukieklein Go to last post
0 227
Problems After Upgrading XP MCE 2005 to Vista Home Premium by Don Deacon
I've had a bit of a struggle trying to get my XP MCE 2005 machine upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. First a couple of comments: 1) What a stupid idea not to let people do a clean install from an upgrade disk. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I do a clean install pretty regularly when the PC gets to be a bit of a mess but doing a major upgrade also seems like a good...
September 7th 08 11:04 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 233
Sound in final DVD by Dan
I used Windows DVD maker and it worked brilliantly and fast. The final product however had a volume level set way too high. I had to turn my TV volume almost all the way down to make the DVD bearable the hear. Any ideas on how to fix this? How and where do I adjust the volume settings? -- Thanks, Dan
September 7th 08 08:42 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 254
WMP 11 won't run DVD"s by bob78ray
I  previoulsy posted this in the wrong section. My operating system is windows vista 64 ultimate. Since I've had Vista, WMP won't play DVD's. I got a message about a CODEC so I downloaded the correct decoder. It worked fine until i put the computer into sleep mode. When I restarted the computer I was back to the same old problem. Any ideas? By the way, it'll play DVD's in Nero, but with...
September 7th 08 08:40 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 245
Windows media player by Fero
Hi I have problem vith windows media player. I have instaled external sound card (Sound blaster from Creative 5.1) on my laptop, but I can get sound from laptop only for aproximetly 5 minits and then it stops, can someone help? Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SetCE39.tmp
September 7th 08 08:40 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 260
Windows MMV importing AVIs as audio files only by TaraGel
Brand new computer running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I tried downloading the Vista codecs pack and also the Xvid codecs (as that's what Gspot told me I needed for these AVIs) and now I can get them to play in Windows Media Player but Movie Maker still won't import/identify them as video files, only audio. (I have restarted both the program and the computer a few times, with no luck.) I've also...
September 7th 08 10:15 AM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
3 258
Windows Photogallery Background by Jim[_46_]
Whenever I open a jpg file, it always opens in Windows Photo Gallery viewer. The problem is the viewer's backround is a yellowish color that bleeds through the photo causing distorted and darkened colors throughout the photo. Is there anyway to either change the background of the viewer or to stop this application from being the default viewer for jpg files?
September 7th 08 01:33 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
2 253
WMP11 fails to open video file by churin
The the video file is copied from video DVD. I double-click on the file but the video fails to start playing. The video can be played if I go from "File", "Open", specifies the file name and click "Open". On another machine I have, there is no such problem. Both machines are running WMP 11 on Vista Ultimate. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
September 6th 08 05:14 PM
by churin Go to last post
2 249
how to display titles in Windows media player 11??? by Suffocated
hello!! i'm having a lil problem in dealing with windows media player 11...i can't find how to display the titles of the song and the name of the band.. in WMP 10 all i needed is to go to ViewShow Titles....but i can't find how do it it in WMP 11...any help plz??? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Untitled.jpg ...
September 6th 08 01:31 PM
by Suffocated Go to last post
0 215
my microphon doesn't work by toshi
I pluged phone set. i use this for tutor I am a student. I can only hear is her sounds. I speak but other side never heard my voice. I bought a new one today. I pluged it my coumputer still not reconnize my voice at all. Is this need to repair? Mine is vista I bought this about 4month ago.
September 6th 08 01:04 AM
by churin Go to last post
1 233
Long delay between music tracks in DVD Slideshow by RMAN
I have made several DVD/Sliideshows with music-all successful, but am now encountering a problem with delays between music tracks up to 1 min and 15 sec. Pictures continue on but no music. I'm using Vista Home Premium, Photo Gallery, DVD Maker. Any suggestions? -- Ron
September 5th 08 04:04 PM
by marvin Go to last post
1 227
seeing a phone video by Rhondas
I have 2 cell phones, one is on t moble and the phones are motorolas, when I play back a video on one phone it works, when I play back on the other phone it pops up you need to set assotiation file fore this to work, .I know nothing about assositaion filles or how to work them ,what should I do.
September 5th 08 01:05 PM
by Rhondas Go to last post
0 197
Streaming Video in IE7 & IE8 beta not working by lakelands
Streaming Video in IE7 & IE8 beta not working. I have been using Vista for months with no problems. Problem has just started (like many others here) that when i click on an embedded video within a website it opens a new webpage into which it is unable to connect - it is as if it is attempting to play the video using IE instead of opening WMP (which is the default). I've done a System Restore,...
September 5th 08 09:03 AM
by lakelands Go to last post
1 226
Problem with Windows Movie Maker... by Mandy1234
Ok, so when I make a video with just pictures and music it publishes fine and when I watch it everything is how it is supposed to be. However, when I make a video with clips from other videos, it does not publish correctly. When I play the video in the preview version, everything is perfectly fine, then I publish it and view it, parts of some clips disappear. And it is always in the same place....
September 5th 08 02:27 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 233
Using DIR to list music files to .txt file by Gary
I have a very large music collection and need to list all the files to a text file. I have done this before but can not remember the DIR command to do it. Importantly the only information I need returned is the file name only, NOT the directory. this is my directory structure; C:\user\me\music\music archive\artistdir\album\artist - trackname.mp3 Many thanks
September 4th 08 09:03 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
7 254
KSPROXY.AX is zero bytes by Germex
Running Vista SP1 on a Dell 1720 laptop. Host processes crash, camera not working, network will eventually disconnect, music player does not play. OEM02MON.exe states that KSPROXY.ax is corrupt. It is zero bytes. Tried sfc /scannow but it will not replace that file (says that backup is corrupt as well). Since Dell support wants to re-image the drive and I do not want to loose anything...
September 4th 08 04:06 PM
by Germex Go to last post
0 198
problem burning .dvr-ms to dvd with dvdmaker media center by elhunko
I've just recently not been able to burn recorded tv shows (dvr-ms) with dvdmaker or media center. I used to be able to do it in a couple of hours (about 3 weeks ago). Dvdmaker looks like it's progressing, passing the 60% encoding mark, and then the next thing I know it's back at 0.8% and just hangs there for hours, no error message. I use movie maker to edit out commercials, and then...
September 4th 08 01:16 PM
by dmwp Go to last post
1 221
Photo Gallery Transitions by germantechnology
Hi Folks, When loading pics to run as a slide show there is a stutter like effect between transitions. Pics look fine, the transition is jittery not smooth. Any thoughts, Cheers. -- germantechnology
September 4th 08 07:15 AM
by germantechnology Go to last post
0 200
Publish ASF video clips in Move Maker by LiveAndLearn
Hello all, Can MS Movie Maker publish ASF file? Seems ok editing ASF video clips, but having problem publish it... Thanx in advance L&L
September 4th 08 04:04 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
3 261
Stream through Mozilla Firefox but not IE?? by Tony H[_4_]
I have been trying to get streaming working for weeks, sites like http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV do nothing but show WMP logo and left click properties shows spanish descriptions. Tried most solutions suggested including those by Zachd in Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ by Zachd, all except Article 947541 3rd part product wmp:dll file, which may well be the problem but I...
September 3rd 08 11:50 PM
by Tony H[_4_] Go to last post

From The