Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Stereo recording in Vista by anderser
Hi, I have severe problems making stereo recordings in Vista. I use a Soundblaster X-Fi sound card and EXPstudio Audio Editor (freeware) for recordings. It has worked fine until recently, and I suspect the problem may have occurred when I installed another freeware audio editor: Audacity. The problem is that when I do stereo recordings in either EXPstudio or Audacity, the sounds on *both *Left...
August 25th 08 01:31 PM
by anderser Go to last post
0 180
Removing Onlie stores by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
Is there any way of removing online stores, i am using media player 11 on windows vista home basic and i am wanting to remove lodit by sanity
August 25th 08 02:55 AM
by Ben Ramsay[_2_] Go to last post
0 209
Saving Pictures to last saved to folder like SP did by Raptor7
I work with thousands of photos. Everytime I want to save a picture Vista always goes to "My pictures". XP always went back to the last folder that I saved to. I cannot figure out how to make Vista return to the same folder. It is extremely time consuming to go back through the whole procedure just to get back where I was. How can I change Vista so I do not have to click several times...
August 25th 08 12:21 AM
by ellute Go to last post
1 169
Vista Business Video Preview not working by .Kite
Hi there, I'm currently running Vista Business and as I'm working with quite a few *.avi and *.mpg files for various projects, I was hoping on seeing this nice video preview I get when opening a folder in Home Premium. Well... the preview function seems to work, but only for *.wmv files. I already checked if the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" options was accidetally checked, but it...
August 24th 08 10:08 PM
by .Kite Go to last post
0 242
MOVIE MAKER CPOYRIGHT PROBLEMS by meshew
I have put all my albums into media center when i try to down load them to movie maker to go with a slide show i am making it tells me it drm protected and will not let me import any music at all how do i fix this my vacation needs music this is my first atemp to use movie maker thanhs it will not import direct from disc also
August 24th 08 02:10 AM
by meshew Go to last post
5 256
Sony VAIO wecam and Vista by Morrdog22
Ok my sister bought a Sony Vaio with Motion Eye built-in; Vista OS. Now I'm trying to figure out what video capture software she needs and how I can webcam with her- I see from the posts that Movie Maker doesn't work with it. Also- what is a good method to transmit- WL/WM? or some other means- I will be in Iraq and want to dialogue with her- Thanks. -- Morrdog22
August 23rd 08 08:17 PM
by Zbratko Go to last post
2 389
mp3 to wav by Gosia
In XP i use Switch from NCH to convert music files. From mp3 to wav with encoder settings in Mpeg Layer-3 with 56 kb/24000Hz stereo and 6kb/sec to have a small file to be included in powerpoint. I installed the same exe file on my Vista home premium laptop and I can't find the Mpeg Layer-3 anymore. What can I do? Someone who can help me? Thanks a lot. Gosia
August 23rd 08 08:06 PM
by Gosia Go to last post
5 336
video clips recorded but then not recognised by fishing widow
Hi new to posting and vista. Recorded flv files onto disc. Played just fine until i took out disc then disc not even recognised. Files play just fine on XP laptop but not the vista one i recorded them on. Any ideas. Thanks. -- fishing widow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fishing widow's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/fishing-widow.htm
August 23rd 08 07:38 PM
by fishing widow[_2_] Go to last post
2 297
How to remove blank space at end of movie project by HrmFolks
I've created a project in Vista Movie Maker which was 15 minutes long at one point. Later, I shortened the final audio and video clips to make the project 11 minutes long. There is nothing on the Timeline after the finals clips, but the project insists on playing through the blank space after the clips to the 15 minute point anyway. How do I get the project to cut off after the final clips...
August 23rd 08 04:18 PM
by HrmFolks Go to last post
0 179
Iimportiing Sony floppy Images by Tom&Gerry
All was well and Photo Gallery worked nicely as does the Live version. Here's the problem I loaded Borderbund's Photoshope 22 that had a patch to make it vista compatible. That disabled my DVD/CD drive. I Removed Photo shope and used recovery manager to restore to well before PS 22 and the Vista patch. My DVD/CD drive is good but Photo Gallery is all hosed up when it comes to importing .jpg...
August 23rd 08 01:34 PM
by Tom&Gerry Go to last post
0 146
filing pictures by Avward[_3_]
Oh the frustration of new computer programs!! What is the easiest way, once I have down loaded photos from my camera to file them? On my long lost friend 'XP' I simply used to right click and file them with one click, now I am dragging them ontop desktop and then dragging them to the various files. Please help!:( -- Avward Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 23rd 08 12:56 AM
by Avward[_3_] Go to last post
0 172
Printing Music collection by Darryl
Hi everyone. In Xp there was a way to do a printout of my music collection from WMP to Excell using a third party plugin. Is there a way to do this in Vista? I have WVHPremium.
August 21st 08 05:23 PM
by Michaelangelo08[_2_] Go to last post
2 169
Sudden problem getting video via Firewire in Windows Vista by Vidar Kristiansen
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Service pack 1 When I plug in my Panasonic NV-GS180 via firewire, Win Vista offers me the choice of 1. Importing the video with Windows importer 2. DV capture with PowerProducer 3. Import and edit with Pinnacle studio
August 20th 08 11:10 PM
by Vidar Kristiansen Go to last post
1 154
How do I reverse the upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 by gilgalat[_3_]
I upgraded the shipped WMP to WMP 11. But it has been giving me problems. Not knowing the shipped version, I downloaded WMP 10 but installation was aborted: WMP 10 is for XP. I prefer the shipped version. Thanks -- gilgalat Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 20th 08 08:37 AM
by gilgalat[_3_] Go to last post
0 138
Can't Stream by Tony H[_3_]
Can't stream videos and when I left click properties it comes up with 'spanish' descriptions. For instance; 'http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV' (http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV) .....just sits there and does nothing.
August 19th 08 11:59 PM
by Tony H[_3_] Go to last post
0 142
Can't Stream by Tony H[_2_]
Can't stream videos and when I left click properties it comes up with 'spanish' descriptions. For instance; 'http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV' (http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipSRC=LiveBTV) .....just sits there and does nothing.
August 19th 08 11:59 PM
by Tony H[_2_] Go to last post
0 158
Windows Media Player Changes Song Titles, Albums by Sam[_15_]
I tried to put the correct names on all of the songs from an old mix CD we have. The CD had generic names, like 0101Track01 and so on. I tried putting in the first song's name into the "Find album info" box, and clicked OK, but then...wait for it...it renamed the rest of the songs to match that song's original album! I tried putting the next song's name in, and it re-titled the rest,...
August 19th 08 07:03 PM
by Sam[_9_] Go to last post
2 179
Audio on DVD with DVD Maker by edward
Maybe it's mentionded here before, but I was so delighted to find an easy way to burn audio on DVD with Vista's DVD maker that I like to pass the message. Simply make a slideshow with only one slide and add the music to it! Adapt the duration of the show to the music and voila. The quality is great, no audible losses with a wav file. It comes in useful when you want to burn large files which...
August 19th 08 10:18 AM
by edward Go to last post
2 170
Movie Maker - Change default background color from dark gray to black? by [email protected]
Vista 64 bit | MS MovieMaker v6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1 How can I change the default background color in MovieMaker from dark gray to black? Thanks for your help - IM
August 18th 08 09:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 164
Change default background color from dark gray to black? by [email protected]
Vista 64 bit | MS MovieMaker v6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1 How can I change the default background color in MovieMaker from dark gray to black? Thanks for your help - IM
August 18th 08 09:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The