Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Choppy Video With HD WMV Files by Deren Smith
I’m having a rather…interesting experience with HD .wmv files in Windows Vista Ultimate and Business edition. Whenever I attempt to play a HD Video (.wmv format) the video is really choppy and most of the times will freeze on a single frame. I thought at first it might just be a Windows Media Player problem, so next I played the video using VLC Media Player…. still I got the same...
June 9th 07 08:02 PM
by Deren Smith Go to last post
0 205
Lost thread?? by MariaWB
Hi I submitted a question a few days ago, and on the 6th of june, I recieved an e-mail that said there was a response and would I please click on the link and read it and rate it. Only, my question isn't there! When I click on the link, it takes me to the main page of discussions about music, pictures and video, and not to my question. And the question isn't there when I look for it, not...
June 9th 07 09:00 PM
by MariaWB Go to last post
0 136
Blue Pixels by Junior34
Why are there blue pixels in my photos when I view them using picture gallery and windows explorer but not HP Photosmart? The pixels shift around the photo as I zoom in and out.
June 9th 07 09:09 PM
by Junior34 Go to last post
0 133
5.1 Surround Sound by Tom
Hi, I have the Vista driver for my Audigy 2 sound card from Creative (I didn't install the software as I don't need it). Yet when I play music through any MP, it only plays 2.1 (stereo+subwoofer). Interestingly, I can go into the sound properties to test the device, then when clicking on all of the speaker icons, the sound works through all of them. Even if use the properties to test it as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 07 09:20 PM
by mindless1987 Go to last post
10 267
Preferred media player by MariaWB
Hi I have a Creative mp3-player, and the media player that comes with it is the one I like to use. Other than that, I of course have WMP, but I also have something called Jet Audio that I use to convert and edit files - and I can't just uninstall it as I need it pretty regularly. But it has this annoying thing.. Whenever I put in a CD, Jet starts to play it, even if I have the Creative...
June 9th 07 09:38 PM
by MariaWB Go to last post
2 128
Movie Maker Problem by bb13
Movie Maker begins to count the minutes down in "Publish", and then starts counting up. Last 10 minute job stopped at 173 minutes. Sometimes reboot clears, but only after 5-6 times. How come?
June 9th 07 10:14 PM
by bb13 Go to last post
6 156
Windows Media PLayer Playback Video Distortion by Forrest Duarte
When I first installed Vista Ultimate, playback of videos was fine. No problem. Then I tried playing a video the other day and it plays, but it takes the right side of the screen and moves it inward covering half of the left side. No matter what file I play or screen sizes. I was going to re-install WMP-11 to fix it. Then I realized there is not an option anywhere to uninstall or reinstall...
June 9th 07 11:19 PM
by Forrest Duarte Go to last post
0 123
New nVidia Drivers (158.24) and new LightScribe software by Cal Bear '66
nVidia ver. 158.24 (June 1, 2007) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html Light Scribe (June 1, 2007) http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=810 -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 07 01:16 AM
by Tomislav Go to last post
22 343
plug in headphone/speakers no sound by ericvista
Recent I build a new system and all the drivers were loaded into the Vista basic. When I plug in (normally the green colour port/jack) my ear piece there is sound but when I change into my headphone/speakers there is no sound. Out of despair, I even plug into different jack, still no sound for both head piece/speakers. (Both speaker/headphone works on other pc) Is there anything I must...
June 10th 07 02:54 AM
by ericvista Go to last post
0 139
Media Players by Websken
My new computer is running Vista Home Premium and it's taking a bit of getting used to but one of the problems is that I appear to have about four Media Players on here which I'm finding very confusing. I presume that Windows Media Players comes as standard. However, if I want to listen to the BBC, they seem to prefer Real Player. I have downloaded this and although it's fine for listening...
June 10th 07 05:02 AM
by Websken Go to last post
2 138
WMP has no sound and is not working correctly - Please HELP! by ange
WMP has suddenly stopped working correctly. I have no sound at all through WMP only and when I try to play any movies - when I stop them it comes up with an error message "not responding - searching for solution" etc.. I've also realised Windows Photo Gallery will now not play a slideshow or let me use photos as a screensaver! I'm finding new problems seem to be appearing over time and I'm...
June 10th 07 11:31 AM
by ange Go to last post
0 121
media player by tugba
when I am trying to watch a dvd the windows media player says "you are runing low on memory", I am using the evaluation copy of vista ultimate my pc is p4 3.0 and I have 1 gb twinmos ram is there any way that I can solve my problem.???
June 10th 07 04:15 PM
by tugba Go to last post
0 129
Media Player display questions by John
Hi, there's a few things I'd like to display in Media Player that I can't find: 1.When playing an album in Libary view, how do you display the total album time? So next to the album art picture, you have album name, then band name, release year, etc, and the total time of the album? 2.How do you update the album art for a CD you are playing if Media Player finds no cover art on the internet?
June 10th 07 07:49 PM
by John Go to last post
0 167
SONY vidio by bob b
I have an older SONY Handycam digital 8 camera. I am trying to find a way for VISTA Home Premium to see it as a device and play the tape and record to a CD/DVD. I have a USB connection to my computer from the camera. Vista says it has found a new device and then looks for drivers on the WEB. It returns with a message saying none were found. Any help would be appreciated.
June 10th 07 08:35 PM
by bob b Go to last post
7 176
Choppy music playing on Windows Media Player. Please Help. by Investor27
I just purchase a new Dell Core2Duo with 4mb of L2 cache and Windows Vista Home Premium. When we are playing our MP3 files, the music gets choppy like Windows is running other programs in the background. We are afraid to rip more music CDs, because we don't want the issue to cause problems during ripping. We purchase the Core2Duo with 4mb of L2 cache because we thought that it can run...
June 11th 07 01:08 AM
by Cyclops Go to last post
5 164
Realtek Audio Drivers Doing nothing? by Eddy V
I just moved from one town to another, and had my computer in a box for less than 8 hours during the transition. When I got my computer set up, the sound device "Realtek High Definition" was not functioning. When I looked into my device manager, it said the device was there and functioning properly, however, no matter how many times I uninstall/install, it does the same thing.
June 11th 07 02:31 AM
by Dave Go to last post
8 149
Music files play only from 2 speakers by amenx
Vista Ultimate with X-fi Xtreme Music sound card and 4 Speakers. In the audio applet its configured for 4 speakers and tests play thru all 4 speakers. Games work on all 4 speakers. But music files, wav and MP3 only play thru front 2 speakers. In XP it works flawlessly on all 4 speakers (and sounds better), Vista it doesnt. Any fix to this is much appreciated.
June 11th 07 02:40 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
6 165
wmp 11 by wlfranks
wmp won't even play the sample video clips that installed with vista. There is sound but no video. Does anyone know of a fix for this.
June 11th 07 05:18 AM
by randy Go to last post
1 167
limewire by cindy_molina
i have the microsoft vista home premium edition and i have downloaded limewire on my computer but for some reason it will never connect it keeps saying it has detected a firewall even though i have turned all the firewall's off. What can i do to get limewire to work?
June 11th 07 06:16 AM
by knightize Go to last post
2 134
Windows Photo Gallery: Extremely bad quality zoom feature by ShocWave
I upgraded to Vista recently, and the poor image quality of the Windows Photo Gallery is really getting to me. If you use the zoom feature to zoom past 100% actual size, the picture gets so bad, that it's almost impossible to read small text. Here's an sample image at 100%: http://s2.supload.com/files/default/fox-20070511003021.bmp Here is the sample image zoomed slightly:
June 11th 07 09:57 AM
by CJSnet Go to last post

From The