Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do you Edit the length of a song by Shannon30
Does anyone know how to add the length of a song in Windows Media Player? I downloaded a song (MP3) format no length was detected when I added it to the Burn List and Media player can't burn the song because the length is missing, I tried to search on line for the length and to edit it but I can't do it. Is it possible to do this? If so please help!! Thanks Shannon
July 31st 08 07:29 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 223
Microphone or Line-in pop-up menu by Tomas
I use DELL Inspiron 6400. It has got just one common 3,5mm jack for both Microphone and Line-in. Everytime I connected a microphone it popped-up and asked me which one of them two is connected. Once I made a mistake of selecting "Don't show this dialog again". Since then computer always guesses I am using line-in and my microphone input is unhereable. Please help how to enable this pop-up...
July 31st 08 04:51 AM
by Lynn Go to last post
1 241
Unable to open video with Media Player or use DVD Maker by Doc Bob
Recently when trying to open mpeg video file WMP opens but then will close with error message "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" This message also pops up when trying to drag and drop mpeg video to DVD Maker and causes DVD Maker also to close. If someone smarter than I can help would really appreciate it. Thank you, Doc
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 08 12:44 AM
by Doc Bob Go to last post
12 369
please help by nancylee
I have done everything to change my music to burn with my dvd maker. my pictures burn nicely but the music dosn't burn. I change my music from mp3 to wav but still will not burn......please help
July 30th 08 11:01 PM
by dbknox[_41_] Go to last post
2 223
Movie maker stops responding while publishing by Rajesh Nathani
I am trying to publish a project to my computer. Movie maker just hangs after progressing to 7%. there are no error messages. It is just that the time required to publish it keeps on increasing without any progress at all. The version on my computer is 6.0.6000.16386. this is a recent phenomenon and I have been able to publish movies quite effectively earlier. Thanks in advance
July 30th 08 06:42 PM
by satish Go to last post
2 235
movie maker plays wmv audio but no video by vh678
I am currently running Vista x86 business and I cannot get Movie Maker to import any videos from my camcorder. I've imported them using Sony's software, then converted them to wmv. They play perfectly fine in media player, but when I try to import them into Movie Maker, they appear as a 5 pixel, flat line in the middle of the preview window. I've installed the Vista Codec Package, there...
July 30th 08 06:51 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 237
DVD picture is Scrambled by Mark
Whne I plat DVD's on Vista media center or Media player 11 the picture is scrambled. I have all he current updtaes. Does anyone have a suggestion. I also get the same problem when I attemp to watch premium channels on media center. Regular TV is OK.
July 30th 08 06:48 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 221
no sound by tracygir38
i put in a video to watch i got pic no sound how do i get sound i havesound if i down load a movie but when i use a disc of my wn the pic comes up but no sound do i have to do something please hlp
July 30th 08 06:48 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 243
Windows Movie Maker 'unspecified error' by LAT[_2_]
I always get the 'unspecified error' during encoding when i make dvd with the windows movie maker. i'm using a CPU Q6600 with 2GB Ram and operating with vista home premium. i have no problem in editing and previewing, but when i started to publish it to computer or dvd, during the process of enconding, i got 'unspecified error'. Is there any solution for this? Thanks.:) -- LAT
July 30th 08 06:46 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 228
Transporting from XP to Vista. by adamswife
I need to transport photos from my desktop computer that uses XP, to my Notebook that uses Vista. via a flash drive Although the pictures transport ok, the titles I have given to each photo in XP has disappeared. Is there any other way I can transport the pictures that will also transport all other information. The 2 computers are not connected in any way. do I need to do this? -- Senior...
July 30th 08 06:45 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 220
Publish option not available in Movie Maker (Vista) by djstewartnc
I am learning to use Movie Maker to capture video for upload to YouTube. When I import a video from my camera (Sony DCR-HC28) and go to "File", the "Publish" option is greyed out. Is there something I must do to to Movie Maker or maybe something I am missing in the import process? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
July 30th 08 06:40 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 198
My videos are green? by Hyula
Hello there~ I'm a little concerned about Windows Movie Maker. When I first got this computer, everything was running very nicely. Movie Maker wouldn't play certain file types of course, so I downloaded some vista codecs to help things along. After that, everything in Movie Maker ran beautifully, without any signs of problems. That is, until just tonight. I opened the program again, and tried...
July 30th 08 06:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
2 208
WMP11 and Media Center show GREEN SCREEN by Josh
I am trying to play DVD's and Bluray's on my new HTPC with no luck. hardware peices of interest: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H 780g integrated HD 3200 graphics. LITE-ON Black SATA Blu-ray DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-4O1S 'd hope it is a software issue. I'll go through my install step by step. I install a fresh copy of Windows Vista Ultimate x86 SP1 on a formatted HDD. Install goes fine, I install the...
July 30th 08 06:38 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 238
Windows Media Player has Stopped Working by PaulezeVue
Vista Business x32 Media player has stopped working, the error is as follows: Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344 Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
July 29th 08 11:37 PM
by Shankar : v-2shc Go to last post
3 232
editing by cee
is there a way to flip a photo either horizontally or vertically? how? -- cee
July 29th 08 11:18 PM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
3 224
to organize photos by vipfae
In Windows Photo Gallery I place photos in order but when I switch to watch them in full screen or as a slideshow, they do not appear in sequence? How can I ac hieve the order in which I want to view them ?
July 29th 08 11:03 PM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
2 219
Laptop Microphone turns itself down to 0 by waitingfornine
I’ve recently upgraded to Vista on a laptop that has a built-in microphone. It was working fine in XP, but in Vista I watch as it turns its own level down to 2 and then 0 every time I try to use it. I have tried turning the speaker volume down, as well as unchecking the “exclusive control” box, and I use it in a quiet room with no background noise. I really don’t want to have to...
July 29th 08 10:54 PM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
1 197
WMP11, continue track after sleep mode by dudelidu
I've been searching the web up and down for hours without finding the solution to this problem. Then I finally find one single thread where someone have been experiencing the same as me, only to discover that the problem stands with no suggestion of solution. Hope this thread can find someone who can help. I have a DELL XPS 1530, running Windows Ultimate and WMP11, and I
July 29th 08 10:28 PM
by oscar Go to last post
2 215
How do I format the E Drive without erasing the data? by schne017
I have a built in E drive on my laptop that is intended for a memory stick. When I first got the laptop, I was able to insert the memory stick from my camera and have the photos uploaded without a problem. I went to do that again, but it is now prompting me that I have to format the drive and doing so will erase all date on the memory stick. How do I format the drive but keep my pictures?...
July 29th 08 08:54 PM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
4 202
Photo Gallery Pictures are Horrible by Richard1962
I just bought my first Vista PC, and I have noticed that pictures (JPEGs) viewed through Photo Gallery are horrible. When using Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, or Adobe Lightroom, the pictures look normal and good. However, with Photo Gallery, pictures tend to be darker, especially for the darks (shadows) in the pictures. People's hair in particular usually has very poor rendering. Parts of...
July 29th 08 07:40 PM
by Richard1962 Go to last post

From The