Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
why are my video converted to audio when importing? by JWV
When I import a video file on Windows Movie Maker, i only get the audio from that clip. I know the clips are saved as videos on my computer, but once i import them, they become audio files. How can I fix this? Thanks
July 28th 08 07:52 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 249
windows photo gallery by seddonville2
when i try to open up windows photo gallery it will open then shuts down straight away, no idea why, there is no error message or anything in problems to view anyone know why this is happening. Has been fine before.
July 28th 08 07:46 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 264
Windows Vista Photo Gallery - "E-mail" and Yahoo! by Kyle
When I click the "E-mail" button, a blank webpage opens up, and nothing else. Anyone else have this problem? Is it me, or Yahoo!, or Photo Gallery?
July 28th 08 05:47 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 272
Some Pan/Zoom Test Results.... Vista's MM6 is best by PapaJohn
I did some testing today of Pixelan's Pan/Zoom PRO Wizard and Movie Maker, using the biggest picture yet, a panoramic composite of over a dozen 10 megapixel pictures from my Nikon D40x that were auto-stitched together using Photoshop CS3. The composite image is a healthy 15,870 x 4,740 pixels (75 megapixels) which was handled easily by the Pixelan Pan/Zoom Pro tool and Movie Maker. I made 3...
July 28th 08 05:45 AM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
0 273
WMA batch encoding? by HrundiBakshi
Is there a GUI-based .wma batch encoding tool out there that works on Vista 64? The command-line utility that comes with WM Encoder is a pain in the ass...
July 28th 08 03:12 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 246
windows media center/x-box help by Justin
I just purchased an xbox 360. When I went to get my pictures and music it loaded just fine. But than the next day I went on media center there were doubles of my pictures and music. Than the next day there were triples of my music and pictures. Now everytime I go on to media center it is always looking for more files (which is fine) but there are multiples of everything else. There are...
July 28th 08 01:55 AM
by Justin Go to last post
0 230
Mp4a file types by StickyFingaz
How do i get Windows Media Player to play .mp4a file types, at the moment i am only able to Play through Itunes. Had a look around for available codecs but i was unable to find one, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
July 28th 08 12:59 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
2 289
windows media player by windows media player[_2_]
im trying to play a video that i have downloaded of my phone but they wont play, but they used tobut now it comes up with Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. any ideas??? could it be because i have uninstalled my phone programs?? please reply yo
July 27th 08 11:49 PM
by oscar Go to last post
1 236
movie maker in vista ultimate dies after capturing video by friendtoALL
however it leaves it as a temp file causing the trailer of the file to get all messed and hence the file is unreadable !! All help is appreciated. Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: CaptureWizard.exe Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
July 27th 08 09:58 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 236
Media Player change song titles (names) to mix files ? by gatiep
Hi, I am struggeling with the new Media Player. I did add an audio folder to my Media Player (Vista) then Media Player changed all my file names (the title of every song) to: "Mix file" and I cannot see the songs names. I do not have time to sit and edit every song and rename it again to its original titles. What is wrong ?? This "new" Media Player is so complicated and it is...
July 27th 08 09:58 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 229
DVD will not play by hellcat
I recorded a DVD, the DVD plays fine in media player classic but will not open or play in media player. Why ??? can I change a setting to make this work ?? Thanks
July 27th 08 09:57 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 237
iTunes stop working by kpaytak
I have this problem, i just move to Vista 2 days ago, i can install iTunes, but i can use it, im the administrator of the Pc. I dont know what to do... i try unistall iTunes, Quicktime and other Apple products, clean registry, clean all directories and apple files, then restart, also the windows clean up... install another version , but nothigh help!!!!!
July 27th 08 09:55 PM
by kpaytak Go to last post
0 250
No sound when play DVD by 電腦初學者
I'm sorry that post 4 questions in there because I receive error message when I post.(It told me message did not post). My sound card driver is Realtek AC'97 Audio, the driver is download from Windows Vista auto update. I find there are no sound when I play DVD. (in media player and media center) But it can play CD and have sound in other application program. Is it decoder program?
July 27th 08 09:35 PM
by What cn I do to fix problem? Go to last post
4 633
backwards video by bamig
Can I run videos backwards in Windows Media Player? If not, is there software available to do it?
July 27th 08 08:41 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 322
Error: This file does not have a program associated with it for pe by Jewels6677
When I try to open videos that a friend sent me I get a box with a red X stating: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control panel. I have opened the Control Panel selected Default Programs then Set Default Programs and click on each program they all say "This program has all its defaults." When I go...
July 27th 08 08:39 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 246
Windows Media player 11 in Vista by Ray in Dublin
Recent problem. Media player 11 works for dvd and cd disks. Most of my mp3 files are stored on an external hard drive. They used to play on the media player 11 but now all I get is static clicks. I can still play the files using Nero Showtime or VLC Media player. I've tried resetting all the defaults in media player 11 and making it nthe default player to no avail. As media player 11 is...
July 27th 08 08:38 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 225
Error MSG in Movie Maker by Jeff
I get a message that says: "The specified module could not be found." when I try to import an AVI file. Windows media player will play the file but I can't import the video to movie maker.
July 27th 08 08:24 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 221
No audio, video by Jason C[_2_]
I recently installed a desktop theme that I downloaded from the Internet. Since installing the theme, I no longer have any audio at all, and WMP will not play videos. Any attempt to play videos in WMP results in the following error: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." Other media players, such as the Divx Player and VLC, do play videos, but without audio. So...
July 27th 08 06:31 PM
by oscar Go to last post
1 239
Audio Streaming Locks up Router by petergoode
I hope this is the correct area in which to post this...my apologies in advance if not... I am using an old Linksys BEFW11s4v4 wireless router, with XP and Vista systems working well with it...except, I have tried to use XM radio for audio streaming, and it causes the router to freeze and require the old "uplug and plug back in" fix of the router. I have no problems audio streaming via the...
July 27th 08 06:04 PM
by petergoode Go to last post
1 240
Sound Recording Problem by Poindexter
Just found this discussion after fixing the problem being fretted over. Hope this post isn't too late to help. I too got a new computer loaded with Vista and a Realtek sound card. Two of my most-used programs are Cool Edit 2000 and the Amazing Slow Downer. I use them to learn tunes and tricks on my mandolin. Unfortunately, both programs didn't work right with the computer "out of the box". I'd...
July 27th 08 05:17 PM
by Poindexter Go to last post

From The