Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Business Startup issue by Thomas Grassi
I have Windows Vista Business Edition sp2 connecting to my Windows 2003 R2 Standard DC Domain Everytime I restart the pc I get this error Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy Date: 2/14/2010 8:23:34 AM Event ID: 1129 Task Category: None
February 16th 10 09:50 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 561
How to sharing files and VPN acces by coco2681
Quisiera saber la forma de compartir archivos y utilizar el escritotio remoto de microsoft. MI red es la siguiente: De la llegada del router ADSL (proporcionada por Telefonica) la conecto a otro router con salida inalambrica D-Link 615 el cual por cable de red conecto mi PC y vía inalambrica me conecto a 2 laptops logro ver las 2 laptops en la red pero no puedo compartir ni realizar...
February 16th 10 05:54 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
1 378
Vista32 Bit OS PC cannot see Vista64bit os pc shares. by Daniel
I have setup a home networking with 2 vista machines. One is 32bit OS and the other one is 64bit OS. I set up the workgroup, turned on File & Print Sharing, created shares on both PC's and gave permissions. From the 64bit Vista PC, it's working perfectly fine. I can see, connect and use the files. But from the 32bit os pc, I can see the 64bit pc and the "Network". But I cannot explore nor...
February 16th 10 03:06 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 324
VPN constant disconnects by Styles
Hello All, I'm at a loss with this one, I hope someone has some ideas. Besides a format c:\ install Linux Trying to help a user out with VPN issues, here is what is happening according to him. Hi,
February 16th 10 12:29 AM
by Styles Go to last post
0 336
XXX is not set up to establish a conection port world wide web service http with this computer by Kogorman1983
I am using an HP computer running Windows Vista. I can't get on internet explorer at all. I've removed all virus protection programs, any add ons, checked my internet options, and re-installed internet explorer and I'm still having absolutely no luck. I've tried everything I can think to try. Can anyone help me please? --...
February 15th 10 08:02 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 385
Advisability of ISP Proposed DNS Server Numbers Changes on Windows by Tom461
I could not find a Windows 7 discussion group, which seems to mean that Win 7 users go to Vista groups. My ISP, Earthlink delivered by Comcast cable, says the only way I can get out of their very much unwanted Earthlink Search Assistant is to change the DNS numbers to, apparently. two preset numbers selected by a radio button in my Windows programs. My question is whether choosing this...
February 14th 10 05:28 PM
by Tom461 Go to last post
0 350
Vista Business Startup issue by Thomas Grassi
I have Windows Vista Business Edition sp2 connecting to my Windows 2003 R2 Standard DC Domain Everytime I restart the pc I get this error Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy Date: 2/14/2010 8:23:34 AM Event ID: 1129 Task Category: None
February 14th 10 03:57 PM
by Thomas Grassi Go to last post
0 367
Contact Edit by Earl Partridge[_2_]
Windows 7, I bring up the Edit Contact window but can not change the email address. How do I do That? Earl
February 11th 10 05:15 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 619
Contact Edit by Earl Partridge[_2_]
Windows 7, I bring up the Edit Contact window but can not change the email address. How do I do That? Earl
February 11th 10 04:35 PM
by Earl Partridge[_2_] Go to last post
0 351
How to disabe "File and Printer Sharing"? by kevin
Dears~ I have unchecked a service for stop sharing but keep access to another computer's file, Th service is named "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Network". But, I see UDP 137, 138 and TCP 139, 445 are still listening when I use "netstat -na" to show network status. Why? Should I disable another function?
February 10th 10 08:21 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 519
How to disabe "File and Printer Sharing"? by kevin
Dears~ I have unchecked a service for stop sharing but keep access to another computer's file, Th service is named "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Network". But, I see UDP 137, 138 and TCP 139, 445 are still listening when I use "netstat -na" to show network status. Why? Should I disable another function?
February 10th 10 10:18 AM
by kevin Go to last post
0 303
Network Connectivity Status Indicator by jimb11
I used to get local access only about once a day but after I installed avast 5 it happens all the time. I have tried alot of different fixes that people have suggested on different forums but nothing works. I have tried to ping these two addresses: 207.46.131.206 and 131.107.255.255 that have to do with the Network Connectivity Status Indicator but both of them time out. Can someone try to ping...
February 9th 10 11:33 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
6 528
Network Connectivity Status Indicator by jimb11
I used to get local access only about once a day but after I installed avast 5 it happens all the time. I have tried alot of different fixes that people have suggested on different forums but nothing works. I have tried to ping these two addresses: 207.46.131.206 and 131.107.255.255 that have to do with the Network Connectivity Status Indicator but both of them time out. Can someone try to ping...
February 9th 10 05:58 PM
by jimb11 Go to last post
0 351
Vista and Zmodem Problems by Michael W Ryder
I am running into a problem with Vista Business when trying to do file transfers using the Zmodem protocol. For some reason Procomm Plus will no longer allow the PC to send files even though it still allows the PC to receive files. I am trying to get another terminal emulator, Tiny Term Plus, to work but am totally confused. I can send files or receive them using the program but after one...
February 9th 10 05:06 AM
by Michael W Ryder Go to last post
0 324
Vista and Zmodem Problems by Michael W Ryder
I am running into a problem with Vista Business when trying to do file transfers using the Zmodem protocol. For some reason Procomm Plus will no longer allow the PC to send files even though it still allows the PC to receive files. I am trying to get another terminal emulator, Tiny Term Plus, to work but am totally confused. I can send files or receive them using the program but after one...
February 9th 10 05:06 AM
by Michael W Ryder Go to last post
0 516
Printer Sharing by Earl Partridge[_2_]
Not Vista, but both sides... XP and Windows 7. This is the only "Sharing" place found. On the 7 machine I have a printer that is shared, but it can not be seen by the XP machine. On the XP machine I do a Add Printer, the 7 machine name is found but there are no printers there to select. Both machines are in the same workgroup.
February 9th 10 02:35 AM
by Earl Partridge[_2_] Go to last post
0 377
question about offline files by richk
Is there a way to stop the connection for a single folder? I have several folders that I keep on a desktop, but keep an offline copy on a laptop. I want to break that link for a single folder, so that I delete the offline copy (keeping the copy on the desktop) and stop the syncing, but keep offline files working for other folders.
February 7th 10 09:21 PM
by richk Go to last post
0 365
question about offline files by richk
Is there a way to stop the connection for a single folder? I have several folders that I keep on a desktop, but keep an offline copy on a laptop. I want to break that link for a single folder, so that I delete the offline copy (keeping the copy on the desktop) and stop the syncing, but keep offline files working for other folders.
February 7th 10 09:21 PM
by richk Go to last post
0 491
Network & Sharing Center not showing anything by King Rooster
Ok I am kind of stumped. I am running Vista Business x32 on my laptop & last night everything on my laptop was working fine, and then this morning my wife says she cannot connect to the internet. I go and search for connections, 5 found including my router hit connect and get a pop up cannot connect, Diagnose but still no luck (problem still exists). So I open up the Network & Sharing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 10 06:32 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
10 836
Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter by Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
I'm using the Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter and the specs of this adapter say that I should get speeds up to 54 Mbps. I'm only getting to 22Mbps.
February 7th 10 06:28 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post

From The