Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
limited access to wireless connection by jvi
Hi all, I have Vista installed and running fine except for the wireless connection. When I try to connect to my router, I keep getting an error saying "connected but with limited access only" and I don't have access to the internet. The card is properly recognized, I don't know why I get this limited access error. The Xp installation works fine...
October 1st 06 04:51 PM
by Frank Go to last post
7 618
Random loss of internet (only IE & Mail) by Marauder
This problem still exists in RC1 5278 and I'm very surprised Vista is in RC stage when there are serious bugs like this. Loss of internet connectivity happens only in IE and Windows Mail at random times. Most occasions when it occurs, it will fix itself maybe some minutes later. Sometimes though a reboot is required. As I stated, it only happens in IE and Windows Mail. All other applications...
October 2nd 06 05:38 AM
by Gary Knight Go to last post
1 324
VPN and LAN won't work simultaniously :( by Deepak
when i connect to VPN i can't access any of the local sites. I have a huge LAN with lots of local site with 10.x.x.x addresses. i can open them only if i dissconnect my VPN. i know that i must add static IP routes for my LAN but when i try to do so in command promt , it says "The requested operation requires elevation" what does that mena? how do i fix it? help pls...
September 30th 06 03:00 PM
by Deepak Go to last post
0 408
VPN and LAN don't work simultaniously by Deepak
when i connect to VPN i can't access any of the local sites. I have a huge LAN with lots of local site with 10.x.x.x addresses. i can open them only if i dissconnect my VPN. i know that i must add static IP routes for my LAN but when i try to do so in command promt , it says "The requested operation requires elevation" what does that mena? how do i fix it? help pls...
September 30th 06 03:05 PM
by Deepak Go to last post
0 382
ftp and Windows Media Player by Aran M
i am trying to figure out why windows media player will not stream music from my ftp server i have done everything from shutting off the firewall to adjusting the setting in the network part of it but it simply refuses to play the music off my server, it gives me the following message "Windows Media Player cannot find the file, if you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your...
September 30th 06 06:35 PM
by Aran M Go to last post
0 395
LAN Shutdown after hour or so by CWM
I am finding that after an hour or so my LAN connection shuts down. I first noticed this running BitComet, which would lose it's connection and stop transfers. Once this happens, I check IE and it also cannot see the internet. A restart of the computer solves the problem temporarily. Sleep mode is not enabled. Does anyone have any ideas? Configuration: Intel 925 motherboard, Linksys...
October 1st 06 10:37 AM
by McStayCool Go to last post
2 437
Nics disabled when Build 5384 wakes from sleep state by js4298
It seems that if I let the system go into a sleep state it disables all of the NICS that I have installed. I let it go into a sleep state for about 2 hours and brought the system out of the sleep state and logged in. After logging in I noticed that both nics were disabled. Renabled both NICS and system froze. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...
October 1st 06 06:38 PM
by Jeffrey Randow Go to last post
4 479
Network disconnects, requiring constant hard disconnect and re-con by Rocky
Hello all, Everytime I connect to my internet using IE or Firefox I loose network connectivity after a long period of inactivity (15 - 30 mins). It only reconnects if I unplug the ethernet cable and reconnect it to my NIC card. Then it works fine. My setup is as follows: Internal NIC of a D915PBL motherboard connected to a Netgear Rangemax WPN824 router which then connects to a Centellium...
October 1st 06 10:11 PM
by Rocky Go to last post
0 360
Where's the network? by Maco
I can't seem to get a simple network setup. I have two pc, one XP Pro and other setup with a SATA drive running vista Ver.5728, public download. I do have discovery turned on, joined the same workgroup, ran everything I can find in Vista. With the PC running XP, I can see Vista, but not as lucky as that with Vista. Can anybody tell me how every body else has the network thing licked and I...
October 2nd 06 05:30 AM
by Gary Knight Go to last post
1 391
Accept Incoming Connections? by Karl
How do I setup vista to Accept Incoming Connections like XP and 2000 did? I am trying to set it up for a direct cable connection (serial). I was able to add the cable in the phone and modem settings, but I am unable to find any wizard or such for setting up the connection. If you want details on exactly what I'm trying to do, it's setup a tivo connection using a serial connection. Step 3...
September 29th 06 11:00 PM
by Karl Go to last post
0 418
Accept Incoming connections? by Karl
How do I setup vista to Accept Incoming Connections like XP and 2000 did? I am trying to set it up for a direct cable connection (serial). I was able to add the cable in the phone and modem settings, but I am unable to find any wizard or such for setting up the connection. If you want details on exactly what I'm trying to do, it's setup a tivo connection using a serial connection. Step 3...
September 29th 06 10:59 PM
by Karl Go to last post
0 412
adminpak.msi for Vista? by
I want to upgrade my WinXP Pro to Vista RC1, but I tested in the lab and it removes the Admin tools. I have a 2000 AD. The only way I know to get AD admin tools (AD Users and computers, AD Sites/Services, etc.) is to actually set up Longhorn Server, the make it a DC, then use the tools installed to administer the other domain. Is there any other way?
September 30th 06 02:28 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 599
Atheros 5005G Wireless issues by Stewraz
I am using an acer notebook with an atheros 5005g wireless card. Vista installed the drivers for the card fine. i can even view available networks. the problem is that when i try to connect to it (an unsecured network) it will say that there was an issue connecting blah blah, and gives me the option to let vista repair. even doing this it dosnt help, it will simply not let me connect. any...
September 30th 06 06:37 PM
by fyueghiucfg Go to last post
1 579
Might be a good idea to disable Windows Firewall altogether when in an Active Directory Domain by Edward Ray
I have had MANY problems since upgrading to Vista RC1 (now v5728) with connectivity in my Windows 2003 R2 native Ad domain. Windows time not working, netdiag crashing, not picking up Kerberos tickets for Vista machine... Once I disabled the firewall, things improved. Windows Time started automatically. Let me sasy first that the new Windows Firewall is a great leap forward, but it is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 06 06:39 PM
by Jeffrey Randow Go to last post
17 1,092
New Intel Wireless Drivers for Vista Available, may solve some of the Wireless Connectivity Issues by Edward Ray
I just downloaded the new Vista Drivers for My Intel 2200BG WLAN card. It is now able to accept the "Access Accepted" replies from my Windows 2003 R2 RADIUS server and authenticate and join my AD Domain. -- Edward Ray CCIE Security, CISSP, GCIA Gold, GCIH Gold, MCSE+Security, PE
September 30th 06 04:51 PM
by Edward Ray Go to last post
3 499
Network Logon Failure with W98 and WME by Carl
Were you ever able to get this to work? "Corey" wrote: Your not alone... I am having a similar problem too. I have an old Window 98 which I trying to reconnect to the network printer through the main computer which as now been installed with Windows Vista. My notebook computer has Windows XP Pro and I was able to add & create a printer through the same computer(Vista) in order...
September 29th 06 03:13 PM
by Carl Go to last post
0 562
Network Logon Failure with W98 and WME by Carl
Did anyone ever figure this problem out? I'm having the same issue with RC1 "Corey" wrote: Your not alone... I am having a similar problem too. I have an old Window 98 which I trying to reconnect to the network printer through the main computer which as now been installed with Windows Vista. My notebook computer has Windows XP Pro and I was able to add & create a printer through...
September 29th 06 11:23 PM
by Corey Go to last post
2 666
I finally got my 1gig card by Rich
Regonized by Vista RC1 and have it connected to a switch but when transfering files from the Vista machine to XP Pro I only get about 12% of usage or 120 Mbps I would have expected to get to at least 50% or more? What settings should I look at to get this through put higher?
September 29th 06 03:51 PM
by Rich Go to last post
0 510
Vista RC1 by Scott
When I add my computer to a domain it says I have logged onto a cache account anf the nothing would be saved. Why is this
September 29th 06 09:25 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 430
Where's the network? by Maco
I can't seem to get a simple network setup. I have two pc, one XP Pro and other setup with a SATA drive running vista Ver.5728, public download. I do have discovery turned on, joined the same workgroup, ran everything I can find in Vista. With the PC running XP, I can see Vista, but not as lucky as that with Vista. Can anybody tell me how every body else has the network thing licked and I...
October 1st 06 11:37 PM
by Maco Go to last post

From The