Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
cannot connect to a WCF service in vista 64 machine - by bbppbbpp
hi, Im trying to connect to a WCF service hosted in a vista 64 bit machine. But i cannot connect to it. Im using a workgroup environment and using windows authentication in the config files.. Im having the same user name and password in both machines. Any additional settings i have to make ?
January 25th 10 10:17 AM
by bbppbbpp Go to last post
0 250
cannot connect to a WCF service in vista 64 machine - by bbppbbpp
hi, Im trying to connect to a WCF service hosted in a vista 64 bit machine. But i cannot connect to it. Im using a workgroup environment and using windows authentication in the config files.. Im having the same user name and password in both machines. Any additional settings i have to make ?
January 25th 10 10:17 AM
by bbppbbpp Go to last post
0 441
Delete WEP network by jacksonmacd
Our community centre has WiFi with WEP security. When I try to connect to it using my Win7 netbook, it does not offer any opportunity to enter a password, then it thinks for about 1 minute, then issues a failure message (I am writing this from memory at home, so I can't recall the exact wording of the error message). IIRC, I had tried to connect at some point in the past and may have entered an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 10 09:58 PM
by jacksonmacd Go to last post
16 822
Printer Sharing between xp and Vista by Gay Lynne Kegan
I have a few printers connected to my xp machine. I can see the printer on my Vista computer but when I go to install it I get an access denied message. What do I do so I can use my printers? Gay Lynne
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 10 08:32 PM
by desousabuzo Go to last post
20 1,026
Add Device for Sync.Live by rbpaul1943
Hi- I cannot add another computer to my sync.live. The menu brings up all of my folders but there is no ability to add another device. Help!!! Thanks
January 23rd 10 02:46 AM
by rbpaul1943 Go to last post
0 243
Add Device for Sync.Live by rbpaul1943
Hi- I cannot add another computer to my sync.live. The menu brings up all of my folders but there is no ability to add another device. Help!!! Thanks
January 23rd 10 02:46 AM
by rbpaul1943 Go to last post
0 385
problems with mobility center by Pflueger
I have Vista, DSL, and a laptop. If I open Mobility Center with the Start menu there is no "connection tile" there. So in order to connect I have to right-click the taskbar icon, click on "connect to network" in the bubble, go to "Wireless" where I get the error that the "network cannot be found". I have to go through diagnose, repair, and resolution process, then the connection opens. I am...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 10 02:41 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
10 672
problems with mobility center by Pflueger
I have Vista, DSL, and a laptop. If I open Mobility Center with the Start menu there is no "connection tile" there. So in order to connect I have to right-click the taskbar icon, click on "connect to network" in the bubble, go to "Wireless" where I get the error that the "network cannot be found". I have to go through diagnose, repair, and resolution process, then the connection opens. I am...
January 21st 10 03:51 PM
by Pflueger Go to last post
0 294
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
January 19th 10 11:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 274
Vista Problem with Print Shares by xptpt
Hi I have an AD with 2 Win2003 Servers as PDC and BDC. My problem is with 1 Vista Enterprise SP1 machine that I have as a Print Server. Almost all my clients are Windows Vista Enterprise SP1. My print server spools the jobs as a wrong user.
January 19th 10 08:45 AM
by xptpt Go to last post
0 239
Vista Problem with Print Shares by xptpt
Hi I have an AD with 2 Win2003 Servers as PDC and BDC. My problem is with 1 Vista Enterprise SP1 machine that I have as a Print Server. Almost all my clients are Windows Vista Enterprise SP1. My print server spools the jobs as a wrong user.
January 19th 10 08:45 AM
by xptpt Go to last post
0 397
VPN error 812 by Dave D[_2_]
Hello, I've seen this issue posted before but I've never seen the resolution. When I try to connect to my company's VPN I get an error 812, not able to verify the user. What is the work around? Thanks much...
January 19th 10 02:57 AM
by gmcelhanon Go to last post
4 417
Wireless Connection by Connie[_3_]
I have a laptop and I'm trying to find out if I can use it at Starbucks and Panera and if so how? Do I need any special software or do I just connect to theirs? I don't understand how it works...obviously.
January 19th 10 02:27 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 458
Wireless Connection by Connie[_3_]
I have a laptop and I'm trying to find out if I can use it at Starbucks and Panera and if so how? Do I need any special software or do I just connect to theirs? I don't understand how it works...obviously.
January 18th 10 12:58 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 246
TEST by Connie[_3_]
January 18th 10 12:40 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 234
Networking DOA: Unidentified Network, Access: Local Only by Dave Bonnell
Upgraded from RC2 to RTM a week or so ago. Networking was working fine for a week and then after a reboot the network is no longer accessible. Network adapter reports: "Unidentified Network" and "Access: Local Only". Trying to renew DHCP fails and the adapter gets assigned a private IP (169). Disabling/reenabling the adapter makes no difference as does uninstalling and re-installing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 10 01:39 AM
by xstaceyamayx Go to last post
24 1,153
One machine inaccessible by RipperT[_2_]
One of my computers has suddenly become unaccessible to the network. Laptop #1 XP SP2 Laptop #2 Vista Home Premium Laptop #3 Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop #1 Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop #2 XP SP 2 All connected and working previously - suddenly the XP Desktop says "MSHOME is not available. You might not have permission to use this network
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 10:31 PM
by RipperT[_2_] Go to last post
14 648
Shared Folder disappears after a while by [email protected]
Hi all, I have a network with a Vista and an XP computer. I have created a "transfer" share on the Vista machine that I want to use for reading and writing from the XP machine. The user names and passwords are different between the computers, so XP prompts me to enter user name and password whenever I access the folder. When I enter the correct info, everything works - I can access and write to...
January 16th 10 09:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 255
Shared Folder disappears after a while by [email protected]
Hi all, I have a network with a Vista and an XP computer. I have created a "transfer" share on the Vista machine that I want to use for reading and writing from the XP machine. The user names and passwords are different between the computers, so XP prompts me to enter user name and password whenever I access the folder. When I enter the correct info, everything works - I can access and write to...
January 16th 10 09:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 434
Consistent packet loss with Vista by Guy
I was noticing odd disconnects running networked application on my laptop since installing vista on it. After quite a bit of delving, what I'm seeing is this. I'm using ping as a way of checking for network connectiveity, it is a basic but seemingly effective way of seeing how well I'm connected. When I test my connection by pinging a known machine from vista I get a pretty consistent...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 10 05:10 AM
by cirevam Go to last post

From The