Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless by geo jr.
hi, here's my problem, and i don't think it's unique, as i've been researching it for a year and a half since i got my vista laptop (Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP2). i lose internet connection. sometimes often, sometimes not, but eventually do. wired or wireless. anywhere, not just my home. i travel extensively, and i'm on wifi and ethernet in hotels all over the country. it's always the...
January 14th 10 07:46 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
8 495
Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/ by bobal
I have a wired home network set up with 1 pc and 2 laptops using vista and 1 pc using XP. I have a Dell AIO printer linked to the XP PC and have just installed a new Epson printer to the Vista PC. Here's my problem - all PCs and laptops recognise each other and recognise both printers. Both PCs and 1 of the laptops are connected to both printers but 1 of the PCs will not connect to either...
January 14th 10 07:38 PM
by ashvin Go to last post
6 451
XP Sees Vista Machine In Workgroup Computers, But Not Shared Files by Glen
I was able to set up both of these machines so that they could see each other on the network, but my XP machine will not see any files in the Vista Machine. When I double click the Vista machine with the workgroup computer section, it takes it a bit, and then says that the path is not available. The Vista machine ID was populated on it's own when I clicked on to view network computers, so...
January 14th 10 07:10 PM
by yakflyer Go to last post
8 453
How do I create a home network b/w a Vista PC and a Windows 7 PC? by davey1108
We'd like to be able to access files and print from both PCs. Is there a tutorial (preferably official) on how to do so when we're dealing with 2 different OS?
January 14th 10 03:18 AM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 423
How do I create a home network b/w a Vista PC and a Windows 7 PC? by davey1108
We'd like to be able to access files and print from both PCs. Is there a tutorial (preferably official) on how to do so when we're dealing with 2 different OS?
January 14th 10 02:17 AM
by davey1108 Go to last post
0 233
HELP-can't get laptop to connect to network printer by bobal
Thought I'd posted this before but can't find it. I have 1 PC and 2 laptops on Vista and 1 PC on XP. There are 2 printers connected to the 2 PCs, all the computers are linked to a home network. Here's my dilemma - whilst both PCs and 1 laptop are connected to both printers I cannot get one of the laptops to connect to either printer. It recognises both printers but when I try to add them I...
January 13th 10 07:59 PM
by bobal Go to last post
0 275
HELP-can't get laptop to connect to network printer by bobal
Thought I'd posted this before but can't find it. I have 1 PC and 2 laptops on Vista and 1 PC on XP. There are 2 printers connected to the 2 PCs, all the computers are linked to a home network. Here's my dilemma - whilst both PCs and 1 laptop are connected to both printers I cannot get one of the laptops to connect to either printer. It recognises both printers but when I try to add them I...
January 13th 10 07:59 PM
by bobal Go to last post
0 385
help by auclair
how can I migrate from windows vista to windows seven the newer version of windows. thanks for your answer
January 13th 10 06:54 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
4 422
Wireless connection by touch
I would like to add a "HP" desktop computer to my wireless router. Is there a USB add on I can use to convert the desk top to wireless ?? Thanks for any and all help.................Tom ps. I'm new to this and USB seems like the simple way to go.
January 13th 10 06:50 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 407
Printer sharing-1 laptop says driver missing but OK with other pc/ by bobal
I have a wired home network set up with 1 pc and 2 laptops using vista and 1 pc using XP. I have a Dell AIO printer linked to the XP PC and have just installed a new Epson printer to the Vista PC. Here's my problem - all PCs and laptops recognise each other and recognise both printers. Both PCs and 1 of the laptops are connected to both printers but 1 of the PCs will not connect to either...
January 13th 10 05:53 PM
by bobal Go to last post
0 236
One machine inaccessible by RipperT[_2_]
One of my computers has suddenly become unaccessible to the network. Laptop #1 XP SP2 Laptop #2 Vista Home Premium Laptop #3 Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop #1 Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop #2 XP SP 2 All connected and working previously - suddenly the XP Desktop says "MSHOME is not available. You might not have permission to use this network
January 13th 10 02:05 PM
by RipperT[_2_] Go to last post
0 227
Wireless connection by touch
I would like to add a "HP" desktop computer to my wireless router. Is there a USB add on I can use to convert the desk top to wireless ?? Thanks for any and all help.................Tom ps. I'm new to this and USB seems like the simple way to go.
January 13th 10 01:12 PM
by touch Go to last post
0 198
help by auclair
how can I migrate from windows vista to windows seven the newer version of windows. thanks for your answer
January 13th 10 12:23 AM
by auclair Go to last post
0 217
Ethernet networking problem causes bluescreen by bluescreenenemy
Hello, My Vista Ultimate Sp1 computer went bluescreen. After restarting, the computer said bluescreen was caused by an "ethernet networking problem." I followed the directions provided at "http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/13805/en-us/5.1.2600.0.00000000.9.9?SGD=ee5737ed-b626-4a1e-9acc-590ec50bfad0" (Steps 1 & 2 revealed nothing.) I've come to step three and opened "Event...
January 12th 10 09:41 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 364
Nforce Networking Controller... Code 10 by CMOS
I bought a F755US laptop sometime last month. I tried to connect to my home network I get nothing... no activity lights, no message saying anything is unplugged, nothing. I check device manager and I have a yellow exclamation mark and says "The device cannot start. (Code 10)" Vista says the media is disconnected and to plug in the cable. I thought I would try USB adapter so I plug...
January 10th 10 09:48 PM
by mike.L Go to last post
6 369
"Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is emp by Vincent
I can't detect any new wifi connections, even though the network icon on my taskbar says that "wireless networks are available". when I click that, the "connect to a network" window appears, but it says "Windows cannot find any additional networks". I can still manage to connect to my previous wifi connections that i have saved up and set them to automatically connect when they are...
January 9th 10 03:57 PM
by Windows virgin Go to last post
5 363
Problems with wireless connection by The Dane
Hello, I am using Vista and wireless E180 USB Modem connection from 3. For a long time i has been working fine, but now i cant connect to the internet. I gives me the message - command line option syntax error type command/? for help Can anyone help me??? Happy New Year
January 9th 10 03:36 AM
by JonBoyFishhead Go to last post
4 355
How do I save my WEP Key? by Lee Beck
I finally got my wireless NW going, but now find that I need to re-enter the WEP key (after I select the SSID) every time that I want to network. How do I save my configuration information (including WEP) so that my network is connected every time I boot up? Ideally this would automatically select my SSID from the others in my neighborhood and the WEP would already be entered. My second...
January 8th 10 03:38 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
8 1,572
Can not view Networked Devices. Some Services(.msc) not Starting by MaxCG
Hello, I don't have the level of knowledge to fix my problem. I am running Vista64 on main PC and have a few other devices that connect to the network, including a Vista32 laptop and a NAS ready media device. From my PC I can not see anything on the network, whoever can see everything from the other machines, including the shared content from the PC. All basic settings are correct and from...
January 7th 10 07:50 PM
by MaxCG Go to last post
4 463
How do I save my WEP Key? by Lee Beck
I finally got my wireless NW going, but now find that I need to re-enter the WEP key (after I select the SSID) every time that I want to network. How do I save my configuration information (including WEP) so that my network is connected every time I boot up? Ideally this would automatically select my SSID from the others in my neighborhood and the WEP would already be entered. My second...
January 7th 10 03:14 PM
by Lee Beck Go to last post

From The