Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Does Vista Support IPX? by Perfectfire
Hello, I recently installed Windows Vista, and I decided to test out some of my old games to check it's compatibility. Most of them play, but network games that use IPX don't, because there is no IPX/SPX protocal available. I was wondering if there is any IPX support at all in Vista, or if there will be. Any information about IPX is appreciated. Thanks.
October 7th 06 10:51 PM
by Perfectfire Go to last post
0 327
browsing big network problem by Artem
We got very big network in our company. Some computers are working in one workgroup and in one subnet (ex. 10.0.10.0/24). Other big part - computers in several domains and different own subnets (ex. 10.0.6.0/24 or 172.17.0.0/16). All subnets are cross-routed (Cisco routers). I can PING from my computer any other computer from any other subnet. No problems. My computer is 10.0.10.22. In...
October 8th 06 08:31 AM
by Artem Go to last post
0 298
browsing big network problem by iVan
We got very big network in our company. Some computers are working in one workgroup and in one subnet (ex. 10.0.10.0/24). Other big part - computers in several domains and different own subnets (ex. 10.0.6.0/24 or 172.17.0.0/16). All subnets are cross-routed (Cisco routers). I can PING from my computer any other computer from any other subnet. No problems. My computer is 10.0.10.22. In...
October 8th 06 08:53 AM
by iVan Go to last post
1 342
Automatic DNS bug in Vista RC2 by JEROME
Hello I have a problem with automatic DNS in Vista RC2. I can only access internet if I put the IP of my router in DNS. With XP I put it in automatic mode without problem !
October 8th 06 12:33 PM
by JEROME Go to last post
0 289
NO INTERNET CONECTION!!!! by WarOfGenesis
well fokes, i just have installed windows vista RC1, works fine, but when i go online nothing even comes up. but when use my linux or other windows on my other machines its fine, but i dont get any geatway adress and its my some kind of funny ip address that i dont normal get like. ive tried but nothing works -- 壮大なマスター
October 8th 06 04:19 PM
by Robert Judge Go to last post
1 244
Internet sharing sometimes stop working by Giedrius
I haven't detected what exactly causes this to happen, but it has happened 4 times since the install of windows vista rc1 (yesterday). Restarting both network cards doesn't help. Pinging the computer which has the internet connection from other computer works, but the internet sharing doesn't. The only solution I have found is restarting windows. ---------------- This post is a suggestion...
October 8th 06 06:15 PM
by Giedrius Go to last post
0 266
80072efd error in vista running Norton by thesumis182
Windows update is not accessing the internet as well as Internet explorer and the answer seems to be Norton Is messing my system up, yet ive tried to uninstall but it wont let me...if this is the problem let me know if its something else let me know...and if someone has a solution..let me know thanx
October 8th 06 11:03 PM
by thesumis182 Go to last post
0 335
Cannot Connect to File Shares on XP Pro Machine by Bones558
I have XP Pro machines on my network and I cannot get Vista to see them let alone connect to any of their file shares. I've tried to connect via UNC and IP address. Neither work. I get the error that the computer cannot be found on the network. Now I can ping these PCs successfully via their IP -and- Computer Name, so IP/Name resolution is working fine. I can also connect to them via RDP...
October 9th 06 12:56 AM
by Ellen Finkelstein Go to last post
4 463
can't see my win2k box by bjornski
I installed the RC2 release of Vista, and while I can still see my brothers laptop (XP) on the network, I cannot see or access my windows 2000 server. Considering the machine is kinda old, I won't even update it to XP. (besides, the network security and setup in 2000 is MUCH better for my server application) Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone help me see my server? Any help...
October 9th 06 01:20 AM
by bjornski Go to last post
0 281
lost connection after starting torrent download in rc2 by Ken
after installing build 5744 on my home pc, now everytime when i start a torrent download using azureus (no problem if i dont start the download) - i tried using different clients but that didnt help. - after a few minutes, i will lose total access to the network. i can still access the netowrk and the internet using my laptop so it's not a problem with my network. after restarting vista,...
October 9th 06 08:04 AM
by Ken Go to last post
3 316
What's "Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection" by cstrike
In "Command Prompt", type "ipconfig /all", there is same contenet as in Windows XP or others editions before. And some "tunnel adapter Local Area Connection", what's this? What's these for? Is there somebody can explain? Thanks.
October 9th 06 10:31 AM
by cstrike Go to last post
0 291
Vista adds computername\ to username by Poisondwarf
Hi I'm on RC2 Build 5744 I'm trying to connect to map NAS Network server at work. When I put in username and hit connect, it adds the computername\ to make it computername\username, which fails. (Server will not accept \ in a username). How can I stop it adding the computername\ ? TIA
October 9th 06 04:59 PM
by Poisondwarf Go to last post
0 297
Mapping Network Drive username by Poisondwarf
Hi, I'm on RC2 Build 7544 On promting for login Vista adds computername\ to the username when hitting connect. How can I stop it doing this? TIA
October 9th 06 05:26 PM
by Poisondwarf Go to last post
0 282
Sorry repeated question messages... by Poisondwarf
....sorry, eveytime I 'post' it says an error has occured, so I tried again. PD
October 9th 06 05:36 PM
by Poisondwarf Go to last post
0 318
wireless internet problem with vista by Schmidt
I just installed vista and I cannot connect to the internet. The wireless adapter is recognized and it states I have a strong connection. It will not allow me to access the internet however. When I boot to the drive that has XP still on it, the internet works fine. If anyone can Help I would appreciate it.
October 9th 06 06:06 PM
by roystreet Go to last post
3 377
Network and sharing window doesn't even show up by Danny Miller
I'm having so many problems with RC1 on my sony vaio. My microphone doesn't work, my wifi won't detect the right network, and i can't open "network and sharing center". Everytime I try to open'network and sharing center", I just see a blank window pop up for a second then dissapear. Someone please please please help me because I break something, -Danny
October 9th 06 06:54 PM
by Andi Gavrilescu Go to last post
4 394
Logon over dialup by IT PHYTOSAN
I am missing the logon over dialup check-box that I had in Windows XP after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. How do I do this in Vista RC1?
October 9th 06 06:56 PM
by LeaBea Go to last post
1 319
Suddenly can't connect to internet anymore by dextor
After RC2 was installed it was fine for a day or so, now all of a sudden I can't connect to the internet anymore after the computer awaken from sleep. There's nothing wrong with my connection because I can access internet fine on Win-XP (dual-boot). I've tried all the repairing mechanism in Vista but still doesn't work. Any ideas on why it just suddenly stopped working? Help?
October 9th 06 07:53 PM
by dextor Go to last post
0 277
Wireless connection still cannot access entire company network by Edward Ray
I have had this annoying problem with my wireless card. I does not want to recognize anything outside of its /24 subnet, including VPN/WAN connections. These VPN/WAN connections are part of my Windows 2003 R2 native AD Domain, yet when I try to ping or access network resources at these remote sites the connection fails. If I plug back in my wired NIC connections, connectivity to the entire...
October 9th 06 08:10 PM
by Edward Ray Go to last post
0 315
modem installation failure by jammez46
hey, i have the latest pre release of vista and when i go to install either of my 2 adsl modems, they wont install. my modems are intel anytime 3240 adsl usb, and the other is a zoom ADSL usb modem, and neither will install. i have searched both their sites to look for a better install or a compatible 1 with vista but i cant find any. is there any way in which i can actually install them and...
October 9th 06 08:18 PM
by jammez46 Go to last post

From The