Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
No wireless on NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller after Windows update...ugh!!! by lala90265
Hi...usually I am pretty competent with common techie problems, but I am stumped here. After a recent Windows update, my wireless isn't working, meaning that it says it's "working properly," but will not pick up any nearby wireless signals when I know they exist. Also, switching the on/off button for the wireless on my HP Pavillion tx1000 Notebook only allows me to keep it in a "disabled"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 10 10:33 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
11 503
Can not view Networked Devices. Some Services(.msc) not Starting by MaxCG
Hello, I don't have the level of knowledge to fix my problem. I am running Vista64 on main PC and have a few other devices that connect to the network, including a Vista32 laptop and a NAS ready media device. From my PC I can not see anything on the network, whoever can see everything from the other machines, including the shared content from the PC. All basic settings are correct and from...
January 6th 10 08:21 PM
by MaxCG Go to last post
0 214
Block full internet access to a program by Andre
Hello guys, I need a help. I've tried searching for this issue on the internet but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I always ended up on generic Windows Vista Firewall pages. My question is simple: How do I completely block internet access for a program on Windows Vista? Is it possible? I have already tried creating a rule on the Firewall With Advanced Security for both...
January 5th 10 09:48 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
6 395
How to install OpenSSH on Vista? by Michael Moser
I am trying to use the Unison file synchronization utility working between a Vista and an XP system. For this to work, I first need an SSH server running on the Vista system. I searched and found the cygwin OpenSHH package. After some trying and fiddling I managed to get it properly installed - more or less. I managed to run the ssh-host-config batch file, which defined a new local user-id...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 10 09:07 PM
by brtnsnoboardr Go to last post
14 818
Problemas con red local 2 router by Ernesto
Hola a todos, quisisera saber si me pueden ayudar he montado una red en mi casa con 2 router, el primero es normal es el que recibe la internet y de ese le he dado conexion a otro router para que me de conexion wi-fi con mi lapton. el problema es que la pc que tengo conectada al primer router tiene una direccion ip distinta de mi lapton, y cuando veo la red no me aparecen las 2...
January 5th 10 03:43 PM
by Ernesto Go to last post
0 294
Problemas con red local 2 router by Ernesto
Hola a todos, quisisera saber si me pueden ayudar he montado una red en mi casa con 2 router, el primero es normal es el que recibe la internet y de ese le he dado conexion a otro router para que me de conexion wi-fi con mi lapton. el problema es que la pc que tengo conectada al primer router tiene una direccion ip distinta de mi lapton, y cuando veo la red no me aparecen las 2...
January 5th 10 03:43 PM
by Ernesto Go to last post
0 401
Website found. Waiting for reply error by Big Dave
One of two vista computers on my home network has lost the ability to browse the internet. I have a Dlink 655 router and a few XP computers also on the home network. One of the vista computers can't use IE 7. It gets the "Website found. Waiting for reply..." and just waits for a long time before timing out. The other vista computer can browse the internet with IE 7 just fine. All of the XP...
January 5th 10 02:58 PM
by Robby Loyed Go to last post
7 413
Printer sharing by piedmont
Soo frustrating! It's appears everything is configured correctly for me to access the printer attached to my second laptop in the other room via the linksys wireless. I have three computors in all, I can go to each computor and see all on the system including router, I go to add a printer and see the 'printer' from the other two computiors and select it but on one it says I need an unknown...
January 5th 10 01:24 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 397
Printer sharing by piedmont
Soo frustrating! It's appears everything is configured correctly for me to access the printer attached to my second laptop in the other room via the linksys wireless. I have three computors in all, I can go to each computor and see all on the system including router, I go to add a printer and see the 'printer' from the other two computiors and select it but on one it says I need an unknown...
January 5th 10 12:33 PM
by piedmont Go to last post
0 221
Win7 (64 bit) does not see user accounts created on Vista 32 bit by barbarian
I have 2 machines (Win 7 64 bit laptop & Vista 32 bit desktop) that I am trying to network the user accounts through a Netgear wireless router (the Netgear router is supposedly Win7 compatible). There are 3 identical accounts on each machine. Only my account has administrative control and is also password protected. I (account administrator) can access all my folders from each machin and can...
January 4th 10 03:39 PM
by rak Go to last post
2 402
Win7 (64 bit) does not see user accounts created on Vista 32 bit by barbarian
I have 2 machines (Win 7 64 bit laptop & Vista 32 bit desktop) that I am trying to network the user accounts through a Netgear wireless router (the Netgear router is supposedly Win7 compatible). There are 3 identical accounts on each machine. Only my account has administrative control and is also password protected. I (account administrator) can access all my folders from each machin and can...
January 4th 10 03:21 PM
by barbarian Go to last post
0 261
How to share and provide full control permissions to Vista/Windows 7 folders using C#? by Kishore[_2_]
Hi All,I have developed a desktop application using C#, created setup and installed on client computer. This application will create some folders which should be shared with Full control permissions. This is working fine on windows XP but when it comes to Vista/Windows 7, eventhough the folder was shared but not having full control permissions.Can any one provide a quick solution to over...
January 3rd 10 03:22 PM
by Kishore[_2_] Go to last post
0 351
How to share and provide full control permissions to Vista/Windows 7 folders using C#? by Kishore[_2_]
Hi All,I have developed a desktop application using C#, created setup and installed on client computer. This application will create some folders which should be shared with Full control permissions. This is working fine on windows XP but when it comes to Vista/Windows 7, eventhough the folder was shared but not having full control permissions.Can any one provide a quick solution to over...
January 3rd 10 03:22 PM
by Kishore[_2_] Go to last post
0 223
misko by misko moravcik
thank you Slava Mareev wrote: ASUS WLAN Control Center for Vista 32 - bit ????? 28-Mar-07
January 2nd 10 05:31 PM
by misko moravcik Go to last post
0 225
Create VPN connection results in Dial-up connection by SimonWillsher
Running Windows Vista Ultimate, I create a VPN connection - 'Connect to a workplace'. I choose to 'Use my Internet Connection (VPN), and I enter the Internet address and assign a name to the connection. (I have used this method of creating VPN connection on other Windows Vista machines with no problems.) Once the connection has been created, on going into Manage Network Connections, the...
January 1st 10 03:32 PM
by naydencho[_2_] Go to last post
4 378
WMP 11 showing up as media device... by Howard Woodard[_2_]
On my home network I have an XP Pro sp3 machine, a Vista Ultimate sp2 32 bit machine and a Vista Ultimate sp2 64 bit machine. The network is a wireless network implemented with a Linksys WRT160N WAP/Router connected to a Comcast cable modem. The 32 bit Vista machine connects directly to the switch via Ethernet cable and the other two connect wirelessly. The network is a private network and...
January 1st 10 04:35 AM
by Howard Woodard[_2_] Go to last post
0 218
WMP 11 showing up as media device... by Howard Woodard[_2_]
On my home network I have an XP Pro sp3 machine, a Vista Ultimate sp2 32 bit machine and a Vista Ultimate sp2 64 bit machine. The network is a wireless network implemented with a Linksys WRT160N WAP/Router connected to a Comcast cable modem. The 32 bit Vista machine connects directly to the switch via Ethernet cable and the other two connect wirelessly. The network is a private network and...
January 1st 10 04:35 AM
by Howard Woodard[_2_] Go to last post
0 388
How to delete unused domain user accounts by John L[_3_]
VISTA Ultimate SP2 I have several old domain userl ogon accounts on the system from previous tests. I only need one domain user account. How do I delete the unused user accounts and data files? Happy New Year --
January 1st 10 04:33 AM
by minotar Go to last post
4 436
How to delete unused domain user accounts by John L[_3_]
VISTA Ultimate SP2 I have several old domain userl ogon accounts on the system from previous tests. I only need one domain user account. How do I delete the unused user accounts and data files? Happy New Year --
December 31st 09 06:22 PM
by John L[_3_] Go to last post
0 255
DHCP Server setting by Sanju Simon
Hi,I have a Siemens Speedstream router(Gigaset SE 568).Im not able to connect to the wireless connection with my Nokia E63 when DHCP is disabled in the router page.However i have no problems with my laptop Since i have like 4 wireless devices i have set their prefered IP addreses as: 192.168.254.4 ----laptop 1 192.168.254.3 ----laptop 2 192.168.254.5 ----Nokia E63 There are only the first...
December 31st 09 12:58 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post

From The