Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Using Vista on a WPA-PEAP network by Mandi
I'm running Vista (the full release version from MSDN) and I was hopeful that the wireless networking issues I had had in the Beta versions would be resolved. However that's not the case. I'm attempting to connecting to a WPA-Enterprise network with AES or TKIP using PEAP and MS-CHAP. When I try to connect I get a red X next to the network stating that the settings saved on my computer for...
May 22nd 08 06:11 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_832_] Go to last post
3 262
VPN ACCESS and Vista Service Pack 1 by SKIHO
I had a working VPN connection with Windows Vista, my computer encountered an error and the resolution was to upgrade to Service Pack 1. I did and now my VPN connection does not work. I can bring a laptop home from work (Windows XP) and it will connect. Anyone have any ideas? I have gone into the properties to make sure the settings did not get changed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 08 05:13 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
12 583
Changng files on network shared flders by Dan
Using Vsta business. When changing existing Excel/Word files on network shared drive the changes apply only after sync center is running. when saving new files on these drives they apear immidately. how can I change the files on the network online? Thanks,
May 22nd 08 11:24 AM
by john_cena Go to last post
1 231
Not responding when closing "Local Area Connection Properties" box by problem man
After I viewed the protocols selection or changed IP settings, it took very long time to close "Local Area Connection Properties" dialog box, either clicked "OK" or "Cancel" button. Please advise how to fix it. Thanks.
May 22nd 08 07:44 AM
by problem man Go to last post
0 217
Wireless Options Gone by Pat
I have Vista 32 bit with SP1. All updates through 5-12-08. My wireless networks were working just fine up until Monday the 12th. Then I noticed that the Wireless Network Options was missing under "Network and Sharing Center". The network adaptor is working properly according to Vista but I reloaded the drivers anyway and have a good installation. The computer tells me that there are no...
May 22nd 08 04:27 AM
by Pat Go to last post
2 355
xp to vista networking problems by missourigirl
I have a desktop running vista and a laptop running xp media edition with SP 2. Vista will find xp, but xp will not find vista. I have spent hours trying to fix this and running the wizzards. I plug the flashdrive into the xp system and it says it is setup but it won't find it. Please help.
May 22nd 08 02:41 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 247
Might be a stupid question. by Mike
Alright so I have been able to easily network computers up until now. All that I wish to do is make it so that I can edit or open files on one computer, while they are saved on the other. When I click on Start, Network. All that shows is my router, and my computer that I am currently on. It does this with both computers that I am working with. I would be ever so appreciative of anyone who...
May 22nd 08 02:41 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 226
Disabling the network balloon by EmptyMinded
I use my laptop both at home and at work. I have mapped a network drive to a shared folder on one of my home computers. Now, logically, every time I use my laptop at work, I get a balloon message saying not all network drives could be restored (or similar, I'm translating from dutch). I know that, and I'm not expecting it to be. I just don't want to do it by hand every time I log on to my...
May 22nd 08 12:54 AM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_831_] Go to last post
8 425
IE 64bit working and 32bit not? by Creomortis
Hey there, i had a problem with my entire hd being full of viruses. I downloaded kaspersky and removed them all, problem is it also removed my winsock.dll file (and its backup as it was infected too) meaning only 64bit IE would work. Now i spent ages trying to get this work and google couldnt find any answer, fear not i have a fix. Start run cmd enter at the cmd prompt type in netsh...
May 22nd 08 12:28 AM
by Creomortis Go to last post
1 258
XP machine as a router by [email protected]
My company has two LAN segments: 192.168.42.x and 192.168.43.x There is a broadband modem with 1 network port (RJ45). Question ------------- Can I put 3 network cards into an XP machine, one to 192.168.42.x segment, one to 192.168.43.x segment, one to the broadband modem, and thus use the XP machine as a router for internet access ?
May 21st 08 10:04 PM
by AJR Go to last post
5 239
Offline Files Icon Overlay by MPG[_2_]
So Vista has this icon overlay feature for Offline Files. I find this icon overlay to be very disorienting when looking at a folder, especially in Details view. I have found a way to disable the icon overlay by removing the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer \ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\Offline Files However, from what I understand,...
May 21st 08 08:10 PM
by MPG[_2_] Go to last post
0 233
Error message by Derek Adamson[_2_]
Both computers running Vista. Main computer named Derek1 can see and transfer files to computer2 named Derek-pc2. Second computer can see Derek1 but when I try to open I get message 0x80070035 network path not found. Diagnose suggests that I check spelling of name
May 21st 08 07:36 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 243
vista sharing problems... by howdy
hello In my lan I have 3 pc | |__ vista (with password sharing) |__ vista (without password sharing) | |___ xp sp3
May 21st 08 02:24 PM
by howdy Go to last post
8 352
Strange problem obtaining IP address by cym104
My vista u w/ sp1 got a strange problem obtaining ip address from dhcp servers. if i forgot to connect network cable before i power-on or reboot my vista, and connected it after vista has booted, the system will not be able to obtain ip adderss. i tried many methods such as "ipconfig /release-/renew" or using windows itself's diagnostic tools,but none of them worked. i also tried shutting...
May 21st 08 01:45 PM
by john_cena Go to last post
1 217
how to install windows xp by Chic
Hi, I'm Chic.. I was wondering how to install windows xp in my notebook which already has windows vista as a default operating system? Since I got problem using the external modem using Windows vista (don't hv the installation cd for Vista), I want to have 2 Operating system in my notebook. Last nite I tried to install the Windows XP Proffesional, but there was a message : the windows that...
May 21st 08 11:15 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
2 242
Unidentified network by Kinetix
Hi, After 'banging my head against the wall' for the last couple of weeks, I was wondering whether you could help with the following, please. I'm trying to network my new Optiplex 740 with Vista Business (32bit), and Norton 360, to my old Euro PC with W2K Pro. and SystemWorks, using basic Belkin /Realtek cards and yellow ethernet cable. My broadband connection is through my old machine...
May 21st 08 07:31 AM
by Kinetix Go to last post
6 409
Having trouble connecting Vista to my home's network by KKKKKKKKKKK
I just bought a router called Linksys WRT54G firmware 7.0. My Vista disconnects the whole modem- router connection whenever I try to connect it to the network. The weird thing is it only happens when other devices are connected to the network prior to Vista's connection. And it is always the Vista who "destroys" the whole network. However, if I connect the Vista first and then connect other...
May 21st 08 06:54 AM
by KKKKKKKKKKK Go to last post
2 230
Sync Xbox 360 to Computer by Juan
I'm trying to get my Xbox 360 networked to my computer. So i can view videos stored on my computer on my Xbox 360. Now I believe i properly set up a shared folder on my computer. Now the Xbox 360 can access the Pictures on the shared folder just fine. But when i try to open a video file, the Xbox 360 says "Files needed to display video are not installed or working correctly. Please restart...
May 21st 08 04:20 AM
by Juan Go to last post
0 223
cannot ping through vpn by vpnfrustration
Hi, I have a netgear box to box vpn which is working perfectly. I have tested the connection using xp computers at either end and they can ping each other, and the routers at each end no problem. Vista machines can ping other xp machines on the local network and also can ping google for instance, but cannot ping through the vpn to either the remote router or remote computers. The request...
May 21st 08 03:12 AM
by shinabl Go to last post
5 272
Wireless connectivity by anjanesh
Hi I need to connect a Sony VAIO VGN-TZ150N notebook via a Wireless network. The Wireless network is enabled with Obtain IP address automatically & Obtain DNS server address automatically. But internet is not working. FireFox shows -Looking up domain.com...- The computer name shows up in network list of another PC - but on double-clicking on it, it says that its not accessible. Network path...
May 21st 08 03:01 AM
by stephanie gregory[_2_] Go to last post

From The