Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista chokes on .jpg files by Wowbagger
I have 15 machines on the LAN, one of which is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. The server is Windows Server 2003 When browsing photos (.jpgs) on a network share all of the machines are lightning fast to display the image on the double click then quickly flip through the photos one after the others using the arrow keys except for the fastest machine of all that takes about 15 seconds to open...
December 14th 09 03:39 PM
by Wowbagger Go to last post
0 369
Vi$ta reported LAN connection "Local Only" [solved] by Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)
The problem had nothing to do with Vi$ta. SO, sorry to Vi$ta. It seemed that something was changed in iptables without my knowing. $OUTIF is ppp0 the ISP interface $OUTIP is the ip address of ppp0 $INTNET is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 (intranet) (A) $IPT -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $OUTIF -s $INTNET -j SNAT --to $OUTIP
December 13th 09 08:01 AM
by Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps) Go to last post
0 226
Network/Sharing Center - properties question. by Grand_Poobah[_2_]
My HP laptop is connecting just fine using either it's wireless or wired method. However, I need to change the IP address (I use static addresses). When I open the Local Area Connection Status I see the usual Local Area Connection Properties when I click the Properties button. Clicking "Details" shows my current IP address. What happens next is really strange: I see the "Client for...
December 13th 09 07:17 AM
by neorocks Go to last post
6 442
Vista Port Reporting by 1WildBill
This question posted on Microsoft Technet has not provided any results. Where can one find information on Vista port reporting and available parsers. Any help is greatly appreciated.
December 13th 09 04:52 AM
by 1WildBill Go to last post
0 287
Domain Connection with Vista Home Premium by pestocat
I have 64 bit Vista Home Premium, can I connect to a domain. I see I can connect to a Workgroup, but I don't see a way to connect to my internal domain. Thank you
December 13th 09 12:18 AM
by GmoneyRed Go to last post
5 434
Computer in Network Cannot connect by powerwalk
Need some input please. I’m attempting to help a friend with her network which consists of an XP desktop and two Vista laptops. They’ve been networked in this manner for over a year sharing internet, files and printer through a linksys wireless gateway. The network has performed well until last week when just one of the laptops could no longer connect to the network...it could connect...
December 12th 09 07:25 PM
by powerwalk Go to last post
4 337
How can I properly configure my network for sharing. by sefs
This is a question about both xp and vista to a lesser extent. I can't find the proper english group for xp netowrking in the newsgroup list so I am posting here. I have 6 workstaions. a mix of xp and vista. I am hoping that I can configure the vista machines in the same way I am doing xp. This is a workgroup environment not a AD. Let us say the 6 workstations are
December 12th 09 11:35 AM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
9 457
Unidentified network, no internet by Repeat64[_2_]
Hello, I've got a serious problem and I'm a bit lost as to it's solution. My PC (Vista Ultimate x64 SP1) went into standby mode, and upon awakening my network settings were shot. I've only got "unidentified netorks" left, where there used to be a "home", a "Hamachi" and some unidentified networks belonging to VMware workstation. The access is always local only, and I'm unable to communicate...
December 11th 09 10:22 PM
by SuperAngelo64 Go to last post
3 364
Computer in Network Cannot connect by powerwalk
Need some input please. I’m attempting to help a friend with her network which consists of an XP desktop and two Vista laptops. They’ve been networked in this manner for over a year sharing internet, files and printer through a linksys wireless gateway. The network has performed well until last week when just one of the laptops could no longer connect to the network...it could connect...
December 11th 09 08:12 PM
by powerwalk Go to last post
0 240
Remote desktop reconnects fail by Paul[_29_]
I need to know exactly why this message occurs on remote desktop reconnects and how to fix it. I have to reset the remote machine to restart the OS to get back in. "The task you are trying to do can't be completed because remote desktop services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on."
December 10th 09 04:05 PM
by Paul[_29_] Go to last post
0 229
Remote desktop reconnects fail by Paul[_29_]
I need to know exactly why this message occurs on remote desktop reconnects and how to fix it. I have to reset the remote machine to restart the OS to get back in. "The task you are trying to do can't be completed because remote desktop services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on."
December 10th 09 04:05 PM
by Paul[_29_] Go to last post
0 367
How can I properly configure my network for sharing. by sefs
This is a question about both xp and vista to a lesser extent. I can't find the proper english group for xp netowrking in the newsgroup list so I am posting here. I have 6 workstaions. a mix of xp and vista. I am hoping that I can configure the vista machines in the same way I am doing xp. This is a workgroup environment not a AD. Let us say the 6 workstations are
December 8th 09 02:14 PM
by sefs Go to last post
0 286
Local Access Only, Unidentified Network by cindyface
I bought a Vista back in 2007 and the internet has been working great until recently. I got a rogue on my laptop and ever since I only get local access. I've been googling this thing for around 3 ~ 4 days now and I've tried just about everything I've come across and nothing seems to be working. It says I'm connected to the router with excellent signal strength but then it says the router isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 8th 09 12:48 PM
by Man-wai Chang On 24000bps Go to last post
25 950
Wired connection's Access marked "Local Only" by Man-wai Chang On 24000bps
1. How could I make it to become "Public and Internet"? It seems that Vi$ta is trying to guess the type connection by searching for a router or something. 2. When I configured the wired connection to use static ip, static DNS and static gateway, the routing was not working. Pinging www.google.com failed. The DNS was working, just that the packets did NOT take the default...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 09 08:44 AM
by Man-wai Chang On 24000bps Go to last post
10 645
Small Home Network PC Visability Probs by Trevor Aiston
Got a small home Vista network, 2 pc's (A: Cat5 Desktop (Vista Premium), B:Wireless Laptop (Visat Home)) Thompson Router Vista Extender PC A: can see all devices, PC B and its public folders PC B: can see all devices but not PC A? Both run Norton 360's firewall Both can access Internet through router ANy ideas why A can see B but B cannot see A:?
December 7th 09 04:33 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
4 393
Small Home Network PC Visability Probs by Trevor Aiston
Got a small home Vista network, 2 pc's (A: Cat5 Desktop (Vista Premium), B:Wireless Laptop (Visat Home)) Thompson Router Vista Extender PC A: can see all devices, PC B and its public folders PC B: can see all devices but not PC A? Both run Norton 360's firewall Both can access Internet through router ANy ideas why A can see B but B cannot see A:?
December 7th 09 12:49 AM
by Trevor Aiston Go to last post
0 221
Network Adapter strange ping related problem by smalltimepro
Hi All, I have the strangest problem with Vista Business on my laptop. Here is the summary. I am not able to successfully ping this machine from others in the LAN. At the same time I can ping all machines and router on the LAN from this machine. I maintain connectivity to the Internet and use this machine for Remote Desktop etc. However no other machine is able to ping it and hence not able to...
December 6th 09 02:27 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
6 355
Cannot turn on Network Discovery by Missy
Hi I have read through all the threads, and just need an answer to my specific issue: The Network Discovery option in Network and Sharing Center will not turn on. It stays as "Custom" whatever I do. I have: - uninstalled Norton, and only have the MS Firewall enabled - allowed the TCP and UDP ports specified in this article
December 6th 09 12:49 AM
by benmess Go to last post
9 396
Connecting to a share in a network after password change by Edward Diener
I have a network of two computers. ComputerA, running Windows XP 32-bit has a shared folder in read-only mode called SFiles with a sign-on of CAShare and a password of ZXJK1122. ComputerB, running Windows Vista 64, in the Network entry of Windows Explorer shows ComputerA. When I expand ComputerA I can see the SFiles shared folder undereath and when I try to click on the folder it asks me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 09 07:56 PM
by Edward Diener Go to last post
14 626
Connecting to a share in a network after password change by Edward Diener
I have a network of two computers. ComputerA, running Windows XP 32-bit has a shared folder in read-only mode called SFiles with a sign-on of CAShare and a password of ZXJK1122. ComputerB, running Windows Vista 64, in the Network entry of Windows Explorer shows ComputerA. When I expand ComputerA I can see the SFiles shared folder undereath and when I try to click on the folder it asks me...
December 5th 09 03:49 AM
by Edward Diener Go to last post

From The