Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista - ICS error msg by drewby doo
hey guys, hoping somebody has an idea for this one. i've seen this issue described pretty much exactly in one other post, but nobody replied to the guy. i have a computer running vista ultimate, connected to LAN/WAN via a wireless connection to a router. the router and wireless adpater are setup to establish an IP using DHCP. i also have an xbox 360 connected to the vista machine via a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 19th 10 03:45 AM
by josh magz Go to last post
13 2,019
The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable by Montrose Lyle
I have a home network with a Dell 4600 running Windows XP and a Dell XP410 running Vista Home Premium. I recently purchased a Dell 1420 Laptop connect it via Ethernet to the network. After I set up the laptop, I was able to print files from it to the Canon printer connected to the XP410. I was gone for a month on a trip with the laptop. When I got back, I reconnected the laptop ethernet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 10 01:45 AM
by Bev xxxx Canada Go to last post
19 1,463
Windows 7 copying dog slow by Tom M[_5_]
Hello all, I am officially a "Windows 7"-only house now. I've pretty happy with it -- it's fast (actually faster than XP on the same machine) and easy to use. However, I have noticed that when I copy across the network, it's very slow. I think the problem also prevents good streaming from one computer to another. If I try, for example, to play a video across the network it's all choppy but...
July 20th 10 07:26 PM
by Tom M[_5_] Go to last post
0 564
Angry
Netgear Nightmare Help!!! by GodZilla
Hi gang, I have a Netgear Wireless Internet connection set up on 2 desktop computers - one running WinXP and the other on WinVista Premium 32Bit. Everything works very smoothly on the WinXP PC, starts up, connects to the Internet via the Belkin dongle to the Netgear router no prob. The WinVista PC is a completely different story!! It starts up, system tray loads and - as has happened...
July 8th 10 05:12 PM
by GodZilla Go to last post
0 1,606
Question
Vista can no longer view webpages but is connected to Internet (help!) by TonyBoy
Hi, I have an Asus Laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic. It is connected to my home wireless network (router, adsl). One PC, running XP can connect and access Internet with no problems. Another one, also running XP cannot access Internet, apparently it as the same problem ( the symptoms at least are the same). Details: All browsers return a Page cannot be displayed or a Unable to connect error
July 6th 10 12:12 PM
by TonyBoy Go to last post
0 888
GPUpdate error on domain by geodash74
I have been beating my head on this for a week now to no avail. Anyone with any help, I would SOOOO greatly appreciate it! SBS 2008 Standard, SP2 Vista SP2 Still receiving errors after trying all the different fixes on Google: • Checked permissions on Folders, Created New Folders, verified permissions on GP
June 21st 10 06:51 PM
by geodash74 Go to last post
0 1,230
shared printer works for 1 day then stops, but queues print jobs -doesn't print by win7[_2_]
hello, windows 7 64bit machine sharing a brother laserjet printer. Installed most current brother print drivers (64bit AND 32bit). Printing from win7 to printer works great. Setup shared printer to work from 2 other pcs (winXP pro). on first day printing works great from winXP pro machines. By next day, printing from winXP machines doesn't work. I see the print queue on win7 machine taking the...
June 20th 10 11:54 PM
by win7[_2_] Go to last post
0 3
File Sharing by Drake2b
I have a desktop with Vista os and a laptop with XP os, I'm having problems sharing files between the two computers. Any help or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
June 16th 10 03:04 PM
by Drake2b Go to last post
0 683
Remove windows 7 CD/DVD-ROM automatic hidden shares ? by Vilius Mockūnas
Hello, I like things to be shaded only when I want to. So I was always removing automatic shares using these instructions: "To remove administrative shares without letting Win2K recreate them every time you reboot the system, you need to edit the registry. Start regedit and go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters subkey. From the Edit menu,...
June 7th 10 01:02 PM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
1 350
general question by ~hp-hdx~
Hi, I've not networked anything yet and am about to try it and thought I may save some time by asking here a couple of general questions. The setlup cosists of a laptop with wifi, and a desktop without wifi. I am sharing internet access with the two pcs via a wifi router. The desktop is cat5'ed to the router, the router cat5'ed to the modem. I have no problem connecting to the internet on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 10 01:42 PM
by ~hp-hdx~ Go to last post
10 1,087
Goodbye! by Jack [MVP-Networking]
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is the last day of this group. After years of being here, and thousands of postings it is time to say Goodbye. :D Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
May 30th 10 10:37 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
0 624
Goodbye! by Jack [MVP-Networking]
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is the last day of this group. After years of being here, and thousands of postings it is time to say Goodbye. :D Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
May 30th 10 10:37 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
0 321
Network is OK, internet is not by Rouke
Hi, I just installed an old XP machine in an existing and working network with a mix of XP and Vista PCs. From the newly installed XP machine I can access the files on the other computers, but when trying to log onto the internet, I get the message that the connection was interrupted. I think I've checked everything, but must be overlooking something. Does anyone have any suggestions how to...
May 30th 10 07:22 PM
by Rouke Go to last post
0 419
Sony VAIO & Vista wireless connection problems by Pheasant Plucker®
Hi there, I use a 3Com 3CWRDR100A-72 router that has worked faultlessly with many devices in my house; W2K laptop XP Tablet PC x 2 iPAQ 2210 & Socket CF Wi-Fi card iPAQ 4700 XBOX 360
May 30th 10 02:54 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
5 515
how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives" by sturmey
every morning when I turn on my laptop, I get the stupid balloon in the corner, and it wouldn't be a problem if it went away, but I have to click on the "x" to get rid of it. Computer's are supposed to make my life easier, not harder. This stupid useless balloon is not helping me, and I want to get rid of it. I know it has to be a registry entry somewhere. does anyone have an answer? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 10 07:41 AM
by experttechiealicejefferson Go to last post
10 1,060
Please some one help me! Cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling Norton and Mcfee!! by Jesse Apple
Hey, I am hoping someone can help me with my internet problem. I own a Toshiba Equium A200-151, which I bought in 2007. As I was losing space on the vista part of the hard drive I decided to uninstall programs I was no longer using. I uninstalled google chrome and Norton360 secruity and McFee.
May 20th 10 01:16 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 351
how to delete defunct profiles in the connect to a network box by Alex McFarlane[_2_]
Dear All, I have a small wireless network at home. It used to be unsecured with MAC address filtering but once I found that MAC addresses could be cloned, I replaced all my WAPs to be able to use WPA-2 encryption. Now vista retains the old unsecured profiles (even though it recognises them to be defunct) in the connect to a network box which appears when I move around the house and change the...
May 20th 10 01:06 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 698
accadently merged 2 networks by smileyblue[_2_]
so i merged these networks i went and disabled my wireless adapter, at the moment i'm using a cable to connect to my at&t modem... when i enable it it will connect to 2wire but 2wire won't connect to the internet which was the same problem as what i had before disabling it. also i don't know if this matter but when i click on that merge network neither of the networks i merged are there --...
May 20th 10 12:00 AM
by smileyblue[_2_] Go to last post
0 315
accadently merged 2 networks by smileyblue[_2_]
so i merged these networks i went and disabled my wireless adapter, at the moment i'm using a cable to connect to my at&t modem... when i enable it it will connect to 2wire but 2wire won't connect to the internet which was the same problem as what i had before disabling it. also i don't know if this matter but when i click on that merge network neither of the networks i merged are there --...
May 20th 10 12:00 AM
by smileyblue[_2_] Go to last post
0 636
Unmerging network locations by [email protected]
I have accidentally merged two network locations(two NICs) into one, now I can't unmerge them. In "merge or delete dialog" the network location appears to always be "in use" so I can't delete it and start from scratch.
May 19th 10 11:35 PM
by smileyblue Go to last post

From The