Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Wireless problems by Glenn
There have been many wireless problems posted, many are unique. Here is my experience to add to the pile. I have a compaq notebook that I dual boot from XP to Vista 5536. In XP, wireless networking works fine at work and home. Home is WEP, work is open (I know, don't worry, it's DMZ'd) When I boot into Vista, I can easily do all networking at home, entered wep just fine and no problems.
September 6th 06 03:41 PM
by Glenn Go to last post
7 692
wireless router constantly reset and restarting by dash69
I installed preRC1 on one of my laptops that is connected to a home network through a wireless router. The internet connection is ok. I can browse the internet and get the download from upgrade. A major problem doscovered by my children is the wireless router constantly reset and restarting every few minutes. This process disconnets all the computers from the internet, even those that are...
September 5th 06 03:31 PM
by dash69 Go to last post
0 560
Vista and Nortel Contivity - Problem by CarlosAlberto
Anyone got this work? My only issue with Vista it's the compatibility with Nortel Contivity. I found two articles with people having the same problem: http://blogcastrepository.com/blogs/ntpro/archive/2006/08/28/2106.aspx http://geekswithblogs.net/evjen/archive/2006/06/18/82255.aspx In the first one, NTPRO says that the newest version of Contivity will work, but not for me.
September 6th 06 07:37 PM
by CarlosAlberto Go to last post
0 615
Unable to access protected folders on Buffalo Linkstation by Bob Bleecker
I to am having the same issue. What I was able to connect to a protected share if I entered my user name as USERNAME@linkstaion name Also disable Internet protocol Version 6 -- -BoB
September 6th 06 07:59 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 642
Unable to access protected folders on Buffalo Linkstation by Bob Bleecker
I too have been having the same problem. Workaround that seems to work... Disable TCP/IP verson 6 Username for Linkstation should follow this format username@linkstation name
September 6th 06 08:01 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 673
Unable to access protected folders on Buffalo Linkstation by Bob Bleecker
Here is a work around Disable IP version 6 use the the following format when prompted for the Username "username@linkstation name" Seems to be working -- -BoB
September 6th 06 08:04 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 576
Connecting to a Printer on an XP MCE 2005 machine by Bones558
I am having trouble connecting to a shared printer on a XP MCE 2005 machine. The printer is shared and other XP, 2000, etc. machines can connect to it fine. It is using the default HP 1100 LaserJet (MS) driver. Vista will see the share, but when you try to connect it just says "Access Denied." Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I verified tall the...
September 6th 06 09:08 PM
by Bones558 Go to last post
0 536
Printer sharing between Vista & XP MCE 2005 by Bones558
I am having trouble connecting to a shared printer on a XP MCE 2005 machine from a Vista RC1 machine. The Vista machine will see the share and try to connect to it, but when it does it just comes up with the error "access denied." Anyone have any idea on how to get this to work?
September 6th 06 09:11 PM
by Bones558 Go to last post
0 512
Printer sharing trouble between Vista RC1 and XP MCE 2005 by Bones558
I am having trouble connecting to a shared printer on a XP MCE 2005 machine from a Vista RC1 machine. The Vista machine will see the share and try to connect to it, but when it does it just comes up with the error "access denied." Anyone have any idea on how to get this to work?
September 6th 06 09:12 PM
by Bones558 Go to last post
0 573
Wireless Switch? by Ricey
I installed Vista RC1 and now the side switch on my laptop doesnt work so I cant turn on my wireless card. My laptop has a built in 2200BG Intel wireless adapter. Anyone have this problem as well and is there some way to turn it on within Vista?
September 5th 06 01:08 PM
by Ricey Go to last post
1 613
Vista and VPN (Cisco Pix) by Peter
Hello I have a question. I have Windows Vista install on a laptop and Desktop (RC1) and when i want to setup a VPN connection with the normal Windows VPN wizard. The connection wizard work fine but when I want to connect to a Cisco Pix firewall (501, 506, 515) I receive a error “Error 732 : Your computer and the remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocols“. I check the...
September 5th 06 07:05 PM
by Stewart Saathoff Go to last post
2 660
WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection by Robert Fischer
Hello Does any body know why the (under Windows XP properly working) vbs-script Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\servername\printername" fails under Windows Vista with the following error message?: "Windows Script Host"
September 1st 06 08:47 AM
by Robert Fischer Go to last post
2 1,119
Dial Up Networking problem by Francesco S.
Hi, we have a possible bug with dial up networking on build 5536 (32bit). We create a dial up connection for the current user. Our application call the RasDeleteEntry function, that is the following: DWORD RasDeleteEntry( LPCTSTR lpszPhonebook, -- this is the phisical path to the current user phonebook (C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\network\connections\pbk\rasphone.pbk) ...
September 1st 06 08:03 AM
by Francesco S. Go to last post
0 610
network by chucko
cannot connnet to network will not verify have uli ethernet connected to my cable modem which is a router toshiba pcx5000. need help
September 2nd 06 03:31 PM
by chucko Go to last post
1 654
Accessing Network Folders by BigDukeSix
I have a central XP Pro based machine that I use as a HTPC and media server. The machine runs BeyondTV and hosts my music collection. I also have a XBOX 360, so I used Media Connect 2.0 to allow it to access the music. One a second machine I've installed Vista Pre-RC1 to mostly checkout how well MCE works with a TV tuner, but due to HDD space issues, I'm keeping the music on my HTPC. When I...
September 2nd 06 01:37 PM
by BigDukeSix Go to last post
0 581
Cant see other computers by Tony Rizz
I cant see any other computers in the workgroup But I get internet access ?? Tony
September 5th 06 08:00 AM
by teorouge Go to last post
2 542
Connect to Exchange via VPN using Vista Beta 2 & Outlook 2007 Beta by RMcCabe
When I set up my VPN it appears to work (it says it's connected), but the when I try to connect Outlook 2007 Beta to my work Exchange Server it does not connect. I get one of the following errors, "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." "The name cannot be resolved. The connection to the Microsoft...
September 3rd 06 04:42 AM
by RMcCabe Go to last post
0 598
Xp and Vista problems by Jon
Hi, I am trying to get my computer (vista) and the rest of my network (xp) to connect. I tried letting vista search for a connection and it didnt find another network incase I accadently messed up so I guss its right.
September 3rd 06 05:28 PM
by Jon Go to last post
0 571
Wireless by dash69
"Jeff" wrote: Hi, Don't know;but if you are using wireless encryption;any at all; wep;wpa;wpa2; Vista has a problem with it. The stack isn't right yet for encryption. Sometimes it'll hold good;other's;just drops. Having that problem since installed, my short term solution has been to run with no encryption;and use mac filtering;to keep out the occasional freelance wi-fier....
September 4th 06 06:04 PM
by dash69 Go to last post
0 616
Network Security Key by FcoChapa
I wrongly type a Security Code for one of our Wireless Routers, does any one knows how to change the Security Key or Delete it from the Network List.
September 6th 06 09:44 PM
by FcoChapa Go to last post

From The