Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Still can't connect to WPA Enterprise by Costanza
The problem that stopped me using Beta 2, is still there with RC1 for me. Trying to connect to WPA Enterprise, TKIP PEAP with certificate validation off, and just using a username/password combination, no domain name. This worked fine in XP. I get asked for my username and password, provide the ones which have worked for a long time in XP, and after 10-20 seconds I just get a baloon I saying...
September 11th 06 09:24 PM
by Costanza Go to last post
0 600
Also having problems with printer share by ronr
The printer is connected to a Win2000 machine. Vista Beta2 and WindowsXP machine worked fine. The error I am getting is spooler service is not started on Server (Win2000 machine). It is the same problem many people in this newsgroup are finding.
September 11th 06 10:56 PM
by ronr Go to last post
0 565
Internet connectivity issue by Garsty
So here's the issue I've run into both on RC1 and the public beta from earlier... I connect up to my network fine, pull an ip, able to browse shares and such, can even ping web sites but when opening Internet Explorer and trying to actually browse, the computer fails to find the site. I even see the browser status bar acknowledge a dns lookup by telling me the external ip of the page it's...
September 11th 06 11:16 PM
by Garsty Go to last post
0 536
Problems setting up wireless internet connection by Jose
When i go to setup a wireless connection from the "Network and Sharing Center" I view the "available wireless networks" and see my SSID there, so i click on it and then it asks me for my WEP key and so i put it in and when i hit next the OS freezes. I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they were able to resolve it. Please get back to me with any suggestions its driving...
September 12th 06 01:19 AM
by Jose Go to last post
0 569
Problems setting up wireless internet connection by Jose
As i input the information on the wireless setup for networks Vista freezes. Specifically after i have selected my SSID and input the Key for my network as i hit next and it starts to "load" or fill the status bar the computer freezes and there's no way to get it out of it. Any Help?
September 12th 06 01:21 AM
by Jose Go to last post
0 568
I can't change my TCP/IP settings by Blackhole
I'm getting limited connectivity to my network in Vista. And have to configure the TCP/IP settings like my ISP told me to get a connection. I go to "Manage network connections" right click my network (LAN with limited or no connectivity) and select properties. I click on TCP/IP v4 but I can't click properties to change my TCP/IP settings (As I was told to do in Help and Support)! The...
September 12th 06 07:49 AM
by Blackhole Go to last post
2 565
Acces problemes for counter-strike ? by _WHAT_
I am trying to get counter-strike 1.6 working under Vista. I can run steam and the program without any problems. I can make a local game of counter-strike and play no problemes. But when I connect to a online server I get problemes. I join the server connection is established. Progress bar is showing and when it gets to precaching resources it dies. Nothing happens for some time and I end up...
September 12th 06 09:32 AM
by _WHAT_ Go to last post
4 663
CS works on one inet connection but not the other by _WHAT_
I am trying to play CS1.6 online runing Vista RC1 on dual-boot with WinXP. At home I can play CS just fine in WinXP as I have done always. But when I boot up in Vista my connection to the servers time out when it gets to precaching resources. This weekend I went to a lan. I booted up in vista thought I would give it a shot more but here cs runs without any problems. I could join a server...
September 12th 06 09:37 AM
by _WHAT_ Go to last post
0 569
problem with regfiles by Jens
we have a windows 2003 environment with logonscripts. Many logonscript has regfiles that we can't import in vista if the regfile stored on a network drive. If we copy the regfile to drive c: we can import this?
September 12th 06 12:43 PM
by Jens Go to last post
0 551
Line not found in INF file by jhenager
I have tried to install two different network cards in 5384, and neither one is working. The first is a DEC500X, and I get close with that one, but it says Line not found in INF file. The second card is a 3Com 9900 TX and it isn't working either. I also am not able to get a common Soundblaster Live! to work, but if I could get a NIC to work I could probably get that an an ordinary 56K modem...
September 12th 06 06:40 PM
by jhenager Go to last post
4 703
Print server by Chico
Hi, Under XP & Vista beta I can print using my printer connected to my network with D-Link print server. But when I install RC1 I can't get it to work. I can see the print server listed in network, but when I ask it to explore I get a network error: Error code: 0x80070035 - The network path was not found, when I ask for diagnose it says that a firewall must be between but it works under XP...
September 12th 06 07:38 PM
by Chico Go to last post
0 586
Joining Win2003 Domain from Vista Pre-RC1 (5536) by Brian Kramer
I am getting the error "format of the specified network name is invalid" when I try to join a domain that is working from under XP. My windows server box is at work, and I'm attempting to connect from home by changing the domain of the computer. My computer name is already registered in the Active Directory (it was registered when I had done this under XP). Learning from earlier lessons, I...
September 12th 06 10:17 PM
by Brian Kramer Go to last post
1 590
Slower Network Start Up by Jo
With Vista Beta2, I seemed to get a pretty quick start up, with the network connecting fairly soon after bootup. With RC1, there is a noticeable delay before the network icon comes up and I am connected to the internet. Has anyone else noticed the bootup is slower with this build, particularly the network?
September 13th 06 02:14 AM
by Jo Go to last post
0 559
Linux with pre-RC1 and or RC1 by David Sherman
How to contact a Linux Distro to Vista? Normally I would contact a Linux machine by typing in smb://Ipaddress/sharename.(to vista machine) I have changed this registry setting on Vista HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\(REG_DWORD)LmCompatibilityLevel to 2 and try.
September 13th 06 06:30 PM
by Prashanth Prahalad [MSFT] Go to last post
6 706
3com ethernet drivers for VISTA!!! no hay soporte aun en RC1 by 3com ethernet
alguien tiene idea de esto o puede colaborar? 1000 gracias
September 14th 06 04:32 AM
by 3com ethernet Go to last post
0 519
Connecting to Vista Workgroup PC via Windows 2003 Doesn't work . . by tron
Hi all, I am attempting to connect to a Vista Workgroup PC from a Windows 2003 server and cannot successfully connect to it. I have the firewall switched off, shared out the local drive and folders, assigned the required share and file permissions and still cannot connect. Does anyone have any ideas ?
September 14th 06 09:51 AM
by tron Go to last post
0 507
RC1 Network status at boot problem by wayne
I've upgraded Beta2 to RC1, and it "feels" better. Quite slow bootup, but ... Reminds me of '98, on a 486. Now the problem is the network doesn't retain its settings after a re-boot. It defaults to a private IP address. Can be easily changed/fixed, no re-boot required, just a pain, because it cuts the internet off too. As I said though, the OS feels very tight, but I'll get a few...
September 14th 06 09:51 AM
by wayne Go to last post
0 539
Connecting to Vista Workgroup PC via Windows 2003 Doesn't work . . by tron
Hi all, I am attempting to connect to a Vista Workgroup PC from a Windows 2003 server and cannot successfully connect to it. I have the firewall switched off, shared out the local drive and folders, assigned the required share and file permissions and still cannot connect. Does anyone have any ideas ?
September 14th 06 09:52 AM
by tron Go to last post
0 560
Login Scripts Not Running by John
I have Vista RC1 jopined to a domain. I can login with my domain id, but my drive maps don't show up. The drives are mapped through a vbscript deployed via gpo. I can see the scripts in my recent files, and can run them manually with success. I have checked and/or disabled every security setting I can think of but still can't get this to work at login. Anybody else had this problem? Any...
September 14th 06 12:54 PM
by John Go to last post
0 525
Login Script Problems by John
I have Vista RC1 jopined to a domain. I can login with my domain id, but my drive maps don't show up. The drives are mapped through a vbscript deployed via gpo. I can see the scripts in my recent files, and can run them manually with success. I have checked and/or disabled every security setting I can think of but still can't get this to work at login. Anybody else had this problem? Any...
September 14th 06 12:55 PM
by John Go to last post

From The