Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Dual Lan- Connection Issue by [email protected]
Somewhat the same issue, i to have a mobo that has dual lan, i know one is In and one is Out, the only problem is that some of my software keeps on telling me please check my internet connection, thats new, never has done that before, i know when i had XP running the two lans were automatically bridged, no problem what so ever with suppossed connection issues, now that i am using vista wich was a...
January 21st 08 04:48 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 205
VISTA+XP Dual Booting by [email protected]
I just installed this cheap mobo biostar 7F570 SLI ready as a simple build up, one 500Gb Harddrive wich i created two partions as i have the same on the other computer, as I install vista first everything works smoothly then install xp, plus the easybcd to create my boot order. not a problem on my old computer now on this new one that i just built either OS will install properly, now that i split...
January 21st 08 04:46 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 239
very very slow network - sometimes by A.Translator
I have a small cabled network with three XP machines and one Vista Home Premium laptop. Internet is no problem. The XP machines have no problem seeing Vista's shared files. But the Vista laptop somtimes takes ages before it sees the XP machines, sometimes it is almost immediate. That bugs me: there is no consistency. With exactly the same settings Vista will sometimes take up to half an hour...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 07 02:18 AM
by Jeffrey Randow Go to last post
11 279
Unable to detect wirless network by AA
I bought a new DELL Inspiron Laptop which is unable to detect any wireless network,while my other laptop is able detect and connect without any problem.I have checked for the drivers and everything.Everything seems to be alright.The what may be the problem. Whenever I reinstall the drivers I am able to detect the network but with very low signal strength.But when i restart the Laptop again I...
November 17th 08 08:22 AM
by geogio Go to last post
4 359
IP gets changed automatically by Aady
Hi, I am using window Vista OS . The IP address assigned to my PC by sify is 10.x.x.x. Usually when i connect the lan cable to my laptop and check uing ipcofig i get the same IP ,But every now and then the IP gets chaged to some other IP y.y.y.y .Now when i go and check using the IP config my y.y.y.y Ip becomes the prefereed IP and 169.x.x.x becomes the duplicate IP But if i check in the...
February 13th 08 04:52 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_393_] Go to last post
4 419
Cant connect to network using PPPoE by Aamir
Hi all, I connect to the internet using a broadband ADSL line which requires username and password. The type of connection is PPPoE. Windows Vista RC1 correctly recognises that I'm using PPPoE and displays the dialogue box for entering the username and password. But it fails to connect. The error message is of no particular help - it just says "Could not connect". The status shows that the...
September 20th 06 08:33 AM
by Aamir Go to last post
0 566
Cant connect to network using PPPoE by Aamir
Hi all, I connect to the internet using a broadband ADSL line which requires username and password. The type of connection is PPPoE. Windows Vista RC1 correctly recognises that I'm using PPPoE and displays the dialogue box for entering the username and password. But it fails to connect. The error message is of no particular help - it just says "Could not connect". The status shows that the...
September 20th 06 05:24 PM
by Garry Go to last post
1 588
After Upgrade from XP to Vista RAS Connections are Failing by Aanand Ramachandran
I have seen a number of posts on news groups and other forums where customers are not able to setup a RAS connection after upgrading from XP to Vista. The purpose of this post is to explain the cause of this problem in majority of the cases 1. Authentication Protocol Vista does not support the MSCHAPv1 protocol for authentication. The protocols supported on Vista are PAP, CHAP,...
April 4th 07 08:13 PM
by Robert L [MVP - Networking] Go to last post
1 217
HELP How to tell my laptop to use only 1 specific AP MAC address by aardvark2zz
At a Cafe they have 4 wifi APs (access points) with the same Network Name, as seen on my laptop. The problem is that they are not 100% reliable and my laptop locks on to the strongest RF signal even though its connection to the internet may be down for short and long term. I don't control this public network. What is also bad is that I have to re-login with the browser every time the wifi...
April 20th 08 05:28 PM
by aardvark2zz Go to last post
2 165
NICs fail to work on every boot and system slows to a freeze by Aaron
I have 2 systems. both have Vista ultimate with the sp1 rc. 1 is a dell laptop with wifi, the other is a custom built with a 680i motherboard with the duel nics. 1 is 64 bit, other is 32 bit. Both have most of the same software installed except for games. both experience the same types of NIC issues on separate networks. I will boot into windows and notice my network is not connected with the
December 15th 07 04:44 PM
by Aaron[_3_] Go to last post
2 153
Using Kixtart logon scripts by aaron
Message dialog boxs during user logon do not show up in Windows Vista yet it XP they show up with no problem. The logon script is running and every once in a while I see it for a second. Is there any way to remove the Welcome with the Spinning cuusor just after a user logon? This is as far as I can tell covering up the logon message. OR anyway to make the message come up above this?
September 25th 07 07:24 PM
by aaron Go to last post
0 206
Cannot enable offline files by Aaron
I have user with a Vista Business laptop joined to a 2000 AD domain. I am trying to make his network share available offline for him. When I right click on the network drive there is no option for "Always available offline". I then go and look and Vista says offline files are enabled, but I need to restart to make them active. After restarting nothing new happens. It still says I need...
March 7th 08 11:42 AM
by Rubber2 Go to last post
7 174
NETWORKING VISTA WITH WINDOWS ME by Aaron
I am having trouble with networking my windows vista ultimate with windows me
April 2nd 07 04:28 PM
by Aaron Go to last post
3 175
Domain Login Scripts not Visable... by Aaron Arnold
My domain login scripts are not Visable because vista put up the Welcome screen one the user had hit enter to login. I've set the login scripts to be visable but nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something.
June 29th 07 07:56 PM
by Aaron Arnold Go to last post
0 172
Broadcom 440x troubles under Vista by Aaron Kelley
I've got a laptop running Vista 64-bit. It's a Dell Inspiron 1720. The built-in network controller is identified as a "Braodcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller." (I believe Broadcom BCM4401 is the more specific device name.) That this brand new, higher-end laptop did not come with a gigabit ethernet controller gives me the irks, but, I have what I have. I've seen several laptops and...
May 6th 09 11:31 PM
by MightyMouse58[_3_] Go to last post
4 352
Internet Connection Sharing service enabled = DNS query spam by Aaron Kelley
I live at a university campus and we are seeing a strange problem. If the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running on a Vista machine, it causes the machine to send out multiple DNS queries when only one is needed. (Sometimes, as many as 1000 duplicate requests.) Using just nslookup at the command prompt can cause many duplicate requests to be sent. We could just turn off ICS,...
May 22nd 08 08:53 PM
by Jared Crandall Go to last post
1 234
Connecting vista to a domain by Aaron Trout
Hi, just a quick question: Which versions of vista can connect to a windows 2003 active directory domain? Thanks
February 14th 07 08:42 PM
by Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\) Go to last post
4 198
Bluetooth PAN by Aaron[_5_]
I was hoping someone could help me with my Bluetooth PAN questions. First, could someone explain what is accomplished by setting up a Bluetooth PAN connection, both a NAP and PANu are available for my Bluetooth phone? If someone could explain each of these and what use they are, that would be great. Secondly, after enabling Internet connection sharing and connecting to my Sony Ericsson...
May 13th 08 02:22 PM
by Aaron[_5_] Go to last post
0 250
External Drives Loose Sharing on Reboot - Vista Ultimate by Aart
In Vista Ultimate... I have several (8) USB external HDD's (Maxtor, Western Digital, 500GB MyBooks) which need to be shared on the network. I have successfully been able to create shares and permissions and theses shares are visible from other workstations on the network... However, when the Vista machine that the external HDD's are connected to reboots, the shares are gone and must be...
March 28th 07 12:01 AM
by Kim [MS] Go to last post
2 171
network workgroup name not accessible AGAIN by AB
A couple of months ago, my workgroup name used for many years (let's call it ABC) stopped working. I could access my networked computers by using their paths \\mylaptop\downloads but not their network name. I rebooted but it did not help. So I changed the workgroup name to ABC2 and it worked for 2 months up to today at 4 PM, when workgroup names were last used to share some files. Suddenly,...
December 19th 08 01:55 AM
by Jack \(MS, MVP-Networking\) Go to last post

From The