Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Home Premium too selective... by Dr. Dos
Vista Home Premium too selective... I have a small LAN with a network printer and three XP Pro computers and one Vista Home Premium computer. All run through a WiFi/Ethernet access point, some hardwired and some via WiFi. This internal network uses assigned tcp/ip addresses (static ip's). The network is stable and everything has worked nicely for years, until now.
July 23rd 09 06:47 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
5 1,280
wireless ad hoc connection by stone_cold
hi there! i got 2 PCs running on Windows Vista Business. I am using the PC which is connected to the internet. both PCs have D-Link Wireless Adapter and so i used the Set-Up Wireless Ad Hoc connected to connect my other PC to the internet. But the primary purpose of which is to file share and also printer sharing. my printer is connected in the other PC. i tried doing file sharing and...
July 23rd 09 05:49 AM
by stone_cold Go to last post
0 367
Can not log onto a Vista machine byway of the network by pfbaran
My new Vista machine can see but can not log on to another vista machine in the netwrok. It prompts me for my user name and passwrod. I use the name and password for the miachine that I am attempting to log into but it gives me an error "LOGON UNSUCCESSFUL". If I go directly to the Vista system that I am trying to log on to with the same User Name and Password...I get right in. -- pfbaran
July 22nd 09 10:34 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 352
XP cant access Vista Drives??? by maviso5
Hi all I have got Vista Ultimate edition on main PC, XP home on my laptop, had mapped a network drive fine on the vista machine and can acess the laptop - no problem. But, when i want to acess any of the shared folders or a drive i had tried to map for the vista machine on my laptop i get the error "\\Dan-pc\Dan is not accessible, you might not have permission to use this network resource....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 22nd 09 03:08 PM
by gcheng Go to last post
26 866
Auto connect Ad-Hoc wireless network in Vista by [email protected]
How do I get the computers to auto-connect to an ad-hoc network in VISTA. Currently I have to manually click connect on both computers, which is very anoying. Is there an automatic hidden option? Or is it possible to have a script run at start up so it connects to the ad-hoc network. Thanks
July 22nd 09 09:16 AM
by habita73 Go to last post
1 293
Can connect to router but not to internet? by lbs013[_2_]
Oh Wow!! This is a great bit to absorb or even try testing for someone lacking the computer know how of those here. I'm running Vista and attempting to connect via a public network. I'm connected to the network but cannot access the internet. A friend sitting right beside running XP on her laptop connects to the same network without any problem at all! This is a problem that only presents...
July 22nd 09 02:25 AM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 382
sudden disconnect from the internet by Ibrahim[_2_]
Hi all, I'm having this prblem for long time now but recently it happens a lot, I use wireless lan on my laptop for surfing interent evey time and then i just get disconnected from the internet with no reason, fire fox says "failed to connect" and when i try internet explorer it just say connection failed, please help Ibrahim
July 21st 09 10:19 PM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
3 278
Cannot brows Vista machine from XP machine by LX[_2_]
I have 2 pcs - one with Vista Home Premium (32 bit/sp2) - one with XP Home (32 bit/sp3) I can ping from both machines. I can browse the XP machine from Vista and copy and paste files. I cannot however do this from the XP machine. I get "x is not accessible" "access denied" messages instead. I am sharing a folder on my C drive called "downloads" and have checked
July 20th 09 06:21 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 297
XP Computer disappears and reappears arbitrarily from Vista Computer by [email protected]
I have a Vista Laptop that needs to access a printer on an XP computer in my sister's law office. I'm having trouble trying to even have the XP computer show up consistently on my sister's computer. I can ping it every time from the command prompt. I have all firewalls unenabled on both computers. Identical user accounts on both systems. File and Print sharing set up on both. The Link Layer...
July 20th 09 03:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 381
error 0x80070035 by Leni
Hi, I have 3 machines on a network. 1Vista PC, 1 iMac, 1Xp PC. I have a satellite internet connection with a router attached, into which the three machines connect. Everyone has internet OK. The vista machine can see everone but access (shared folders) no-one, the iMac can access all, The XP can see and share fine. I am set as an administrator, the message Windows cannot access \\NAME, network...
July 20th 09 01:37 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 277
The page failed to load - Network and Sharing Center by dryounghans
Goto Control Panel / Network and Sharing Center. Page is blank except for "The page failed to load" right in the middle. LAN continues to somewhat function, but wireless is no longer functioning. Network notification icon on task bar is disabled. I have no idea when this stopped functioning, but sometime in the last week.
July 20th 09 01:27 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 278
IE8 is slow to open this NG by brummyfan
Why it is slow to open only this NG while other sites opens up almost instantaneously using IE8. My specs: Athlon LE1620 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Avira Antivirus, Windows Vista Ultimate.
July 20th 09 11:08 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
6 256
Question on wireless networking from hotels, etc. by Dominick[_2_]
I have a question about using wireless networks in hotels. My wife travels some, and she is not a "power user". I usually end up talking her through the manual connection to the hotel's wireless network over the phone the first time, then it auto-connects after that. My question is this - is there a way to auto-connect to any wireless network the laptop sees, to make that process easier for...
July 20th 09 12:17 AM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 255
Have trouble connecting to VPN from home, please help! by jaijai
Hi, I'm trying to connect to my work vpn from home. I can connect to the vpn and the box says connection successful, but after that I can't use email, internet or my work software programs. One of the software programs works for a minute, and then says connection aborted. I go back to the VPN connection screen and it still says I'm
July 19th 09 01:42 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 269
Unable to access internet with working connection by Lunki
So yesterday after restarting comp I lost access to internet, but not the connection itself. I'm able to ping sites, use windows update and normal network sharing stuff, but unable to open any browser pages (with IE or firefox). IE gives page not found error and firefox just blank page and both give "stopped responding" message on exit. Connection itself is fine since 2 other comps have no...
July 19th 09 01:38 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 293
Ethernet connection problem. Local access only by mikey5050
My internet connection just stopped working after my battery died and i re-booted my laptop. It is a compaq presario running windows vista basic. I am plugged directly into the wall but I cannot get a connection. It says i am connected to my network but with local access only. Can someone please help? mike
July 19th 09 02:48 AM
by mikey5050[_3_] Go to last post
4 274
Cleaned computer now unable to detect cable by CT Eon
I have just recently cleaned my computer using a duster after having not cleaned it for a good 2-3 months and have 2 pcs connected to a billion...Billion modem which I do not remember the serial for. Since reconnecting the PC however after cleaning it out the machine no longer detects my Ethernet cable as being plugged into my network card (a Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCi-E GBE NIC)....I have...
July 18th 09 06:33 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
5 242
How to add Restart option, when system connected through remotely by Dharender Verma
Hi, I want to enable in Windows Vista 32 Restart option, when system connected through remotely. -- Dharender Verma
July 18th 09 03:46 PM
by Dharender Verma Go to last post
0 276
Vista slow to reestablish network after wake from sleep by turnstyle
Hi all, I've noticed that my new Vista box is slow to reestablish networking after it wakes from sleep. For example, if I put it to sleep, wake it, and then visit a site, IE just spins. However, if I wait a bit and try again, everything works. On my XP and Win2000 boxes, as soon as it wakes, I can immediately do stuff.
July 18th 09 03:27 PM
by turbostreak Go to last post
3 284
Vista slow to reconnect network after sleep by ClemSnide[_2_]
I have a whitebox with an AMD Athlon 3000+ processor and an Asus K8U-X mainboard. I'm running Windows Vista Premium x64. Very often, though not completely consistently, when waking from sleep the computer will not connect to the network for several minutes; I know the network is running because my Macs can access it (including networked printers and the Internet) immediately. I have turned the...
July 18th 09 01:04 AM
by ClemSnide[_2_] Go to last post

From The