Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Turning on Network Services by vdriver
Vista Ultimate 32bit... Network connection is OK; can see internet and other computers on the network. Context help for the connection status icon on the task tray states "status Unknown". Network and Sharing Center states that the service to show the connections and server list is not turned on. Clicking the provided link will not turn this service on. Computer discovery on the network and...
July 17th 09 09:23 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
1 311
network by trojan216
Hi im having trouble sharing files between my vista 64 pc and my vista home basic laptop.I have enabled file sharing network discovery and public folder sharing also media sharing.My router is a Belkin G the laptop is a HP550.My user accounts and password are the same.The laptop is able to share the media stored on the pc but not share files.Please could you advise me?I have read in other posts...
July 17th 09 07:23 AM
by trojan216 Go to last post
0 312
can not connect cisco vpn by using windows vista by winstar
Hi all, I can not connect cisco vpn by using windows vista but I use windows xp i can connect this cisco vpn. When i try to connect cisco vpn with windows vista I see this error message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403: Unable to contact the security gateway". My vpn client version is 5.0.04.0300 How can i try to connect that cisco vpn with windows vista please?
July 16th 09 02:31 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 293
Printing: one user can, other can't by Didier Chesto
The shared printer is connected to LPT of a Vista computer. We used to have an XP computer that could print to this printer. We changed the XP comp for a Vista notebook. This notebook has the same user/password as the Vista machine where the printer is connected to. Hence, this user can print from the notebook. Now the strange part: another user on this notebook can't. It is sent to the printer...
July 16th 09 12:43 PM
by Didier Chesto Go to last post
7 315
Domain account locked out repeatedly by Matsi
Hi, We have a Windows Server 2003 active directory domain, ISA server with VPN, and one Windows Vista client. The Vista owner calls me every time he wants to connect with VPN, and tells me that he cannot. Looking in Active Directory shows me, that his domain user account is locked out. When I unlock the account he is able to login. It seems that something (a service? office 2007?) does try...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 09 12:25 PM
by Dirkteur[_2_] Go to last post
10 653
Local Only network by tshad
I really don't like Vista and have had nothing but trouble getting it connected. I tried connecting it wirelessly to my AirPort wireless and it would connect and could see everything on the network including the gateway, but would go no further. I then tried a wired connection using all the same numbers (except the last one) that I have on my other desktops at home (3 XPs and 1 2000). ...
July 16th 09 06:35 AM
by tshad Go to last post
5 331
win98 cannot get to vista but vista can "See" win98 by Bob
When on my Win98 laptop I can See the vista PC on the network but when I click on the vista PC (to get to the shared folders) I am asked for a password. I never set up any password on the vista machine. I also have an XP which can get to the shared folders of the Vista PC without having to supply a password. Any Help appreciated
July 16th 09 05:58 AM
by Steve Winograd [MS-MVP] Go to last post
2 363
Keep Having to Merge Networks. by NxusLive
Hi all.... I have the following Asus DSL-n13 wireless router (formerly a Dlink -had same problem) 2 Laptops machines running Vista Business (wireless) 1 desk running Vista Ultimate (wired) 1 Laptop running Vista HOME premium (Wireless) 1 desktop running XP (old box) (Wireless) Playstation, xbox 360 and Wii all acting as media clients (wireless) Network is WPA and named HomeBase and is private...
July 16th 09 01:37 AM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 306
Sharing External USB Hard Drive by Bob
I am trying to enable sharing on an external hard drive. I have sharing and permissions enabled. When I try to access the drive from another computer, I get the following error message: (name of drive) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The drive is physically...
July 15th 09 06:00 PM
by Newportdoc[_2_] Go to last post
9 338
ssl vpn works with XP not ith vista by syd_p
Hello, I have to use a recently provided ssl vpn to access work servers remotely with my vista laptop. But I only get limited access I can access a linux jump host and ssh to the other servers like that. But should be able to use http to access the servers. I succeed with http://remoteserver using my login on an XP machine belonging to someone else. But no joy with vista.
July 15th 09 04:56 PM
by fasttech406 Go to last post
1 308
Vista session Limit by CRhadley
I have a Vista user that gets disconnected frequently from 1 NAS server windows 2003 where he has about 5 connections via mapped drives. Is there a built in limit and can they be expaneded many regards Aria
July 15th 09 01:21 PM
by CRhadley Go to last post
3 301
Vista/XP Home Network by Rob Weber
I have a desktop running XP Home SP2, and a new laptop running Vista Home Premium. I would like to access the DVD-ROM drive on the latop from the desktop. I have successfully shared my desktop resources with the laptop, but not vice versa. Both computers are on the same Workgroup. I have turned off Password protected sharing and shared the DVD-ROM drive in the Folders window. Network...
July 15th 09 08:55 AM
by queuegz Go to last post
5 346
Cannot connect Vista to Wireless Network by Vistaaa
I just purchased a Sony Vaio N220E w/ Windows Vista Home Premium and I cannot get it to connect wirelessly to my DLink DI-514 wireless router. I have never had any problems connecting any of my computers or laptops to the router. I tried removing the WEP security just to try it, but it still did not connect. It says it cannot connect due to an unknown error.
July 15th 09 06:01 AM
by lschlumpf Go to last post
7 401
Can't share Public folder by Robert M. Lincoln[_2_]
I have two Vista Ultimate machines: Desktop and Laptop. On my Desktop, I want to map as a drive Laptop's "Public\Transfer" folder. How do I do that? Here's what I have done. On my Desktop, I created a subfolder under Public called Transfer. Laptop can "see" Desktop's Public\Transfer folder, and I have mapped it as a drive on Laptop (Drive Z:), and I successfully transfer files between...
July 14th 09 01:25 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 349
ICS Error-Cannot share by milad99
Hi all guys. I always could share my active broadband connection for my Ad-Hoc connection,so i could connect my mobile to notebook and enjoy surfing the web...but some days ago I don not know what's happened really here and when i try to share a new connection in sharing tab, i saw an error!(pib below) 14150
July 14th 09 09:25 AM
by milad99 Go to last post
2 336
sharing windows mail and synchronizing by cdlsrn
I have a new Dell xps 420. I have a 750GB hd for Operating system, and a 1IB drive partitioned with E = documents windows mail with newsgroups and contacts, favorites F= Music G= pictures H= videos I = 1tb external backup drive I just got a HP Pavilion dv7t-100 laptop. It has 2 - 250 gb hard drives. I would like to share and synchronize Windows Mail and eventually the computers. But...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 09 08:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 637
Some user profiles attempt to access another profile by robcinoz
We have Vista Business desktops on a Win2003 AD Domain. There are a few users that when they attempt to login they get a blank desktop and a message saying Access Denied to the Recycle Bin. Except it is another uses Recycle Bin. It is always the same Recycle Bin that they all attempt to access. It also copies all documents from that other users profile to the documents folder of the users...
July 13th 09 11:50 PM
by robcinoz Go to last post
0 294
Loss of Internet connection after restart by Richard Oliver
Running Vista on laptop networked to desktop (server) running XP Home Ed, Whenever I do any sort of update and have to restart ,I find that whilst the LAN connection remains intact I have to restore the Internet connection by using the "Setup a home or small office network" on the desktop and of course specify the sharing of folders,printer and Internet connection. Your help please,Richard
July 13th 09 08:09 PM
by Richard Oliver Go to last post
0 317
New Network Profile created on Every Connection... by nrms
I have an annoying installation problem with a USB Broadband Modem under Vista (Model: ZTE MF-622) The modem installed itself OK, including it's own software control panel, but everytime I click "Connect" to connect to the ISP ('3' Network in the UK), Vista detects a totally new network, and pops up the "New Network Connection" dialog to select a location for the new connection. I have...
July 13th 09 05:33 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
2 353
Connecting to VPN stops Internet and Multiple Networks Issue by Mike D
Hi, I had this issue with Vista and since upgrading to 7 RC1 I seem to get the same issue so it's abveously supposed to happen. I am on a corporate lan, I have VPN access allowed from my desktop through the corporate firewall, I VPN out to an external place, my home network for example, the home network has a local lan of 10.10.10.x and my corporate is a 10.154.x.x. When I connect to the...
July 12th 09 10:42 PM
by nexmuv Go to last post

From The