Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Fixed computer browsing problem, want to be sure I know what I did by Dominick[_2_]
Hi all, I was experiencing a problem I have seen people report a lot, and that is that computer browsing (for example when you click on the Network icon) in a Vista-XP network does not show the XP computers. This is NOT to be confused with the Network mapping interface that came with Vista, just the good old fashioned computer browse that traditionally is supported via the Computer Browser...
July 12th 09 02:18 AM
by GTS Go to last post
4 388
RDP client not able to connect to 64bit Server 2008 machines by PeterMN
I'm having trouble connecting to Windows Server 2008 x64 machines. My machine is Vista Business SP1, 32 bit. I'm not positive if the problem is caused by the fact that I installed IE8 but I've been having problems since upgrading. I just can't say for sure that IE8 caused it because I didn't test connectivity right after installing it. Anyway, I can RDP to 32 bit servers fine...even if...
July 11th 09 11:40 PM
by Dominick[_2_] Go to last post
1 352
Vista can browse XP Pro Networks but not the other way by pectin232[_3_]
What can I do.. or what do I need to do? I can see the network icon of the computer I want to connect to but when I click on it. It says \\Q9203045 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permission. Strangely I can browse the drive from any Vista computer to this laptop Drive ......
July 11th 09 11:30 PM
by Dominick[_2_] Go to last post
1 312
The Windows Browser by Patrick Whittle
Do you know if Vista still has a 'browser' to see which computer on the netwrok is the master? When I open the Network icon on the desktop, it shows me there are three computers powered on, and it finds them thru my ethernet LAN.
July 11th 09 11:28 PM
by Dominick[_2_] Go to last post
6 336
can't see XP on network by Bill H.
Have two computer. One is Vista premium (32-bit) and the other Win XP Media. The XP can see the shared C: drive on the Vista. However, Vista can't see the shared C: drive on XP. Yet, Vista can map a drive letter using \\station1\c format. (station1 is XP). So if I can map a drive letter, why can't Vista see the XP drive in the Network icon? All it sees is itself (station2).
July 11th 09 11:16 PM
by Dominick[_2_] Go to last post
6 340
NIC dies under heavy load by DevilsPGD
I'm running into a problem where under certain types of heavy load, my NIC will stop responding. After a few seconds Windows assigns a 169.254 class IP and I get an eventlog report of "Driver status 1" from the NIC's drivers. Nothing short of a reboot gets me connected again, I've tried an ipconfig /release and /renew cycle, disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable, having Vista...
July 11th 09 04:32 PM
by MichaelDBang Go to last post
6 329
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:11 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 260
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:11 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 263
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:50 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 235
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:50 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 231
Media Sharing Issue by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
I have notived that I am having Iregular problems with sharing media via a wireless network. I have the following network setup CQ60, CQ40 & CQ50 Presario Laptops with Windows Vista Home Premium. NEC Desktop with Vista Home Basic Wireless Router with the Internet and network setup through the desktop. Situation is as follows
July 10th 09 12:46 AM
by Ben Ramsay[_2_] Go to last post
0 265
Weird Network Problem by Joe M[_2_]
I am Vista Home Premium SP1. When connected to the network, I can not send problem Reports, the Help has Xs through the images, and I can not connect to other shared devices. I can go online to bing.com and several other websites. But I can not download java or flash updates, it says I do not any an internet connection. I also can not download any new Microsoft updates. If I...
July 9th 09 08:18 PM
by Joe M[_2_] Go to last post
0 247
Vista Ultimate RDC setup by J
I have a home PC with Vista Ultimate and connects to the internet through a router. My internet provider is Cox, so my IP is not static. How can I setup my PC so I can access it from outside the home? I only have the one admin account and do not have it setup with a password. Any help is greatly appreciated.
July 9th 09 02:39 PM
by rak Go to last post
2 315
Problem with internet connectivity on HP laptop running on Vista by Treadstone[_2_]
Hello, I am facing a strange problem with my HP Dv6705 laptop running on Vista Professional. I have a Wi-fi router configured for internet access. Now, the internet connectivity is intermittent i.e. I am connected to the internet for about 5 seconds before it gets disconnected. I get the connectivity again after a few seconds before it gets disconnected. Now, I started using the uTorrent...
July 9th 09 01:19 PM
by PhilPerrier[_5_] Go to last post
5 299
Internet Explorer 8 Displays Blank Page by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Networking) "JamesJ" wrote in message ... Vista. Doesn't happen much. Happens a few times with 100 pages. Yeah it would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot happening so few times. Just thought, maybe it was a sign of some larger issue. Could be a symptom of an MTU issue but I thought that...
July 9th 09 11:16 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 255
LAN hard drive by David123[_2_]
Both my router and LAN hard drive got fried by a lightning strike. Both have now been replaced. I have two problems. We use 2 laptops via a wireless router, I am getting an error message saying that both computers have the same ip address although both seem to connect to the internet ok. Is this a problem andhow do I rectify? Secondly, we had mapped the old network drive and I am now trying to...
July 9th 09 04:08 AM
by Steve Winograd [MS-MVP] Go to last post
3 301
vista can view xp but... by pectin232[_3_]
somehow XP cannot view vista and will ask for password. Anyone knows what to do? -- pectin232
July 9th 09 02:49 AM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
3 246
Browser problem.. by manja46
I have a Dell inspiron with Vista ultimate 64 bit. My browser stops working after every half an hour our so. I would not be able to connect to any website (However i see "Waiting for ...... " message in the browser status bar and recieve a 404 timeout after a while. I tried chrome, firefox, IE 8.0 and see this problem. I recently did a lot of changes to my system and not sure what caused this...
July 8th 09 04:17 PM
by manja46 Go to last post
0 232
Limited connectivity on moving to different network by Saiki
Hi Folks, I went through the other threads on Limited Connectivity issues but it was not of much use in solving this issue. I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista professional. I am the administrator as well. Whenever I shift networks, say from office to home, i get a limited connectivity message. Diagnose and Repair does not solve it. This also happens even if the power goes off and the router...
July 8th 09 11:52 AM
by kword88 Go to last post
1 280
non-wireless home LAN by tomatocity
I have a Vista Home Premium 32bit Desktop and just purchased a Vista Home Preium 64bit Laptop and I would like to create a non-wireless (yes I know, but I am not ready for a wireless network at this time) home local area network. When I search my Laptop I don't find how to connect the two computers using a cable. Also, I have AT&T DSL for internet access. Any assistance will be appreciated....
July 8th 09 04:20 AM
by truthkid Go to last post

From The