Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
IE7 32Bit won't run on a 64 Bit machine... by eigerman
I'm running Vista Home Premium 64Bit and IE7 (64Bit) works just fine - connects to the net and downloads. However, because many applications (Flasherplayer to name a big one) require that I run the 32Bit browser instead. But that browser will not connect to the internet - it just tells me that the page cannot be displayed. No-one I've spoken to seems to be able to diagnose the problem except to...
July 7th 09 03:30 PM
by eigerman Go to last post
0 300
Norton 360 Needs to Recognize Computers Without AV Installed by Patrick Whittle
We need to have Norton 360 recognize a computer on the LAN as having the right permissions to open the PUBLIC shared folder. This computer does not have Norton/Symantec software (intentionally) installed on it. How do I configure N360 to let a LAN computer open shared folders?
July 7th 09 11:43 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 331
Can't map networks drives over VPN on Vista host by jtvista
Hi all, This problem is driving me nuts. I've been researching it for weeks now and can't find a solution. I have a Vista Home Premium desktop, an XP pro desktop, and an XP home laptop all connected to my LAN. I can set the XP pro desktop up to accept VPN connections and everything works as expected (from the LAN side as well as the WAN side of my router). However, I can't get the Vista box...
July 7th 09 07:20 AM
by jtvista Go to last post
0 311
Vista ultimate problem by roshbosh
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_gpsvc Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549adc4 Fault Module Name: NETAPI32.dll Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd53 Exception Code: c00000fd Exception Offset: 0001a3aa OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
July 7th 09 04:02 AM
by roshbosh Go to last post
0 294
Wireless connection lost on laptop restart by dadlad
My laptop - Vista Premium 64-bit - connects via wireless to my desktop. All works well - I set the network properties to automatically seek the wireless network. Returning from sleep, the connection is always restored. But if I shut down and subsequently start the laptop again, or if I use the Restart featureto do the same, the connection is lost when the laptop comes back up, and the...
July 6th 09 10:10 PM
by dadlad Go to last post
0 295
Desktop can't see laptop, Laptop can see Desktop (home premium network issues) by tomjonesrocks[_3_]
Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot a frustrating network issue I'm having? I have a setup with a desktop that goes straight into a router (then out to a DSL modem) via ethernet cable -- and a laptop that connects to the router wirelessly. Both computers have working internet. Everything seems to be working from the laptop to the desktop--I can browse files on the desktop...
July 6th 09 07:56 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 252
Cannot Ping Vista Machine by danielafortier
I have an XP laptop (Wireless) and a Vista desktop (Wired) connected through a liksys wireless router. I can't get the xp machine to ping the vista machine. All firewalls are disabled and neither machine has any anti-virus or software. They both have connections to the internet and can even share files. On the vista machine I have the network discovery turned on, the network is set to...
July 6th 09 03:16 PM
by sunilnagle Go to last post
5 420
Unable to join Windows 2003 Domain by Chris[_23_]
Hello all, I'm having a strange issue with Vista (SP1 and now SP2) at the moment and wondered if anyone has any ideas. Until today, one of our wired machines in the domain kept dropping the connection to the local LAN but the Internet was still ok, this might not be related at all. Since then I removed the machine from the domain to then re-add the machine, this is now not working, I keep...
July 6th 09 10:34 AM
by CELCAT Go to last post
1 269
Wireless connection by H. Druss
Hi All I have two XP machines connected (by wire) to a wireless router. Internet connection and file sharing between the two computers is fine. I just bought a Dell notebook with Vista with a wireless connection. I cannot see the other computers unless I wire the laptop to the router, which I do not want to do.. Any suggestions? Thanks Harold
July 5th 09 06:34 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
1 288
DHCP Failure by powderhownd21
My roomates computer has an issue that I have not been able to solve all week. here's the gist of it. The computer connects wireless, and is able to get an IP from router. I can ping the router, and other computers on the network. All other comupters on network are able to access the internet. One thing that is happening is the DHCP Service keeps stopping on me. I've perused the posts on here...
July 5th 09 12:29 AM
by Jack [MVP] Go to last post
3 290
disabled a network connection ???? by jdm95integra
can any one help me out please i disabled a network connection thinking i would be able to re enable it and its gone now:( C:\Users\Triciaipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Tricia-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
July 4th 09 04:26 AM
by jdm95integra Go to last post
3 311
Trying to write a backup to a network drive by Keith
Hi, I am using the Vista backup status and configuration utility in Vista to write a backup to a network drive in a public folder called backups. I have 2 Vista machines that are both giving me an error "Cannot create a file when that file aqlready exists". (0x800700B7). I have an XP machine on the network that backed up flawlessly to the same drive. Any suggestions? Thanks
July 4th 09 03:24 AM
by Keith Go to last post
0 294
Network Connection Problems by wasagrunt
Being a former grunt, I have a limited understanding of this wireless modem set up stuff. I own a Belkin N1 router and was setting up a secure wireless connection so that my wire could use her laptop. (Both systems are HP) as I attempted to follow the manual for the router (not written for a guy that spent 26 years wearing camoflague and boots) I seem to have somehow gotten a gateway between...
July 4th 09 12:15 AM
by wasagrunt Go to last post
0 279
Vista network files sharing - Freezing by PhilPerrier
Hi, I have an important problem with the file sharing on my small network (3 PCs); the computer with the operating system Vista 64 bit freezes. When I try to copy several files from a computer XP SP3 32 bit to the main computer Vista 64 bit, the main computer freezes completely. I can’t reach the tasks manager, I am obliged to restart the computer with the reset button. For this reason I can’t...
July 3rd 09 08:18 PM
by PhilPerrier[_3_] Go to last post
4 288
Computer Management UI lacking to create, delete, or control shares by [email protected]
I just acquired a new system with Vista Home Premium to add to my home network (with several other Windows 2K Pro and XP Pro systems). I wanted to set up some shares on the Vista system, so I went to Computer Management. I notice that it can list shares and sessions, but it doesn't provide the options for "New Share", "Properties", or "Stop Sharing". (I note that my Vista Business system...
July 2nd 09 10:12 AM
by raki Go to last post
4 262
Network Issue after joining a w2k3 domain by Guillaume
as soon i join my domain with my windows vista profesionnel (French Buiness) Im enable to get an ip adresse from the dhcp... (it the same server as my domain"w2k3") Im trying to start "Diagnostic Service" and i get an error : access denied. Those fonction were properly working before i joined the domain.
July 2nd 09 04:55 AM
by bgolden12345 Go to last post
3 274
share printer help needed by dick
old computer newbie has desktop with xp hardwire connected and new laptop with vista wireless connected. printed is hardwire connected to old computer. so far I can only create a network showing new laptop and the new router installed between the old external modem and old computer. I really want to be able to use old printer from my new laptop. Please help an old guy. Thanks, Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 09 08:34 PM
by dick Go to last post
10 449
Vista v0.1 on Novell Server Version 3.12 by mordec109
::Hi!:: ::We have an Novell Server Version 3.12, all clients are connected as Workgroup (not DNS) and they are all XP, I just bought a new Compaq computer with Vista V.01 32-bit OS, I'm not able to connect that computer to the server, I've searched many sites and downloaded many drivers nothing works, do you have a solution please?:: -- mordec109
July 1st 09 04:39 PM
by mordec109 Go to last post
0 246
Automatically connect to wireless on boot-up by Norm75
I am using Vista Home Premium. When I boot up my wireless connection on my lap top to the router it won't connect automatically. I need to go through the manual routine of diagnose and repair and it then connects. Takes time and a real bother to wait for it all to happen. I have saved the connection and checked the 'automatically connect ...'. I am using the WEP - 128 encription. Please...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 1st 09 03:35 PM
by tdp Go to last post
23 741