Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Shows connection, but still cant connect to internet. by ShortSrf16
In Network connections it shows me as connected to a wireless network, with Excellent speed, yet when I try to go onto the internet it wont let me. I tried A) Restarting modem + router B) Reinstalling drivers for adapter C) Restarting Any suggestions?
October 15th 06 09:40 PM
by AJR Go to last post
1 271
Vista - No Internet from IE - Problems - Fix? by Greg Reid
Evidentily a lot of people are experiencing interent problems with Vista RC1, including me. When trying to go to sites, the magority of them time out by URL or IP. All of my settings are correct or (dumbed down) in Vista. IPv4 has static entries. Firewall off. Security set to low. Blockers, virus prgms etc disabled. IPv6 disabled on NIC. MTU set to 1452. TCP Recieve Window set to 32767. All of...
October 15th 06 08:37 PM
by Eric Furness Go to last post
3 385
Simply share C; on my LAN by Garry Grolman
Such mundane tasks and I find myself going round and round and round. I have a small Microsoft Network, (ISDN Modem and Router hub), and I have my new RC1 Vista installation. I can see my other XP computer from the Vista and even go into its folders BUT, I cannot copy. delete etc from the Vista to the XP computer. From the XP computer, I can see the Vista computer BUT NOT get into any of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 06 11:36 AM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
12 482
Cisco VPN Client Vista RC2 - works under Beta2 but has install error in RC2 by Martin
FYI When I install the Cisco VPN Client (vpnclient-win-msi-4.8.01.0410-k9-BETA.exe) it has an install error saying it cannot create the virtual adaptor. To get around this launch a CMD window as an Administrator (Right click on CMD, Run as admin) and then run the MSI package from the command line. It then installs ok but I'm still having intermittent "vpn connection terminated messages " -...
October 15th 06 09:02 AM
by Martin Go to last post
0 259
Networking with Windows XP SP2 by Ryan
I have issues with file sharing between my Vista RC1 PC and my roomates XP SP2 PC. I cannot access the SP2 computer from my RC1 computer, but i can vice versa. I have constant IP conflicts (even when the ip address is set to automatic on both computers) and when i 'diagnose' the problem, the wizard cannot change my ip address (or it has no effect, the error messages are still somewhat...
October 15th 06 07:04 AM
by Garry Go to last post
1 288
Networking with Windows XP SP2 by Ryan
I have issues with file sharing between my Vista RC1 PC and my roomates XP SP2 PC. I cannot access the SP2 computer from my RC1 computer, but i can vice versa. I have constant IP conflicts (even when the ip address is set to automatic on both computers) and when i 'diagnose' the problem, the wizard cannot change my ip address (or it has no effect, the error messages are still somewhat...
October 14th 06 11:30 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 301
Cant connect from VistaRC2 to W2K Server network shares by John.NET
I am unable to connect to network shares on a Windows 2000 Server from Vista RC2. This is on a corporate domain using the same account I can access the Windows 2000 shares with from the XP box. I can connect from the Vista box to shares on the Windows XP box. I have tried the posted steps for changing to "LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 if negotiated" Anyone gotten this to work? thanks :-) -john
October 14th 06 09:18 PM
by John.NET Go to last post
2 277
linksys WUSB54G v4.0 by Chris
hi have people be tested linksys Wirless-g USB Network adapter WUSB54G v4.0 on windows vista
October 14th 06 07:25 PM
by Chris Go to last post
2 286
application sharing by Arie
I see that desktop sharing is supported in Vista (I believe through Windows Meeting Space ).Is it based on RTC or is it a new technology? In any case, is RTC application sharing supported? Regards Arie
October 14th 06 06:22 PM
by Arie Go to last post
0 264
Horrible wireless network congestion by Jeff Cecil
Just installed Vista RC-1 x64 (Build 5600). The PC that Vista is on is wired through a Linksys WRT54GS. Two servers are also wired directly to the access point. I have several PCs accessing that access point wireless using various adapters. Here is the issue. If I boot to Vista the wireless PC connections go crazy and throttle the network. If I turn off all of the Wireless access PCs,...
October 14th 06 06:13 PM
by Jeff Cecil Go to last post
0 276
Remote Desktop Problems by Dave Balcom
I have been having ongoing problems with Remote Desktop since Beta 2 (now on RC2). I connect from work fine (from XP Pro) and it runs smooth for maybe a minute then the screen update stalls for 30-40 seconds at a time (it gets really irritating). I thought it may have been a bandwidth problem at work but I am running Remote Desktop to XP at home now (dual boot) and it works as always. It seems...
October 14th 06 12:06 PM
by Sooner Al [MVP] Go to last post
7 377
fixed router spi problems by TimeZone
if you are having problems with no internet on rc1 and mabey it will work on rc2 you need to change your routers ip adress. i had mine at 169.254.xxx.xxx for vpn pourpes and i changed my router to 172.254.xxx xxx and boom internet is now working so try it and see what happens
October 14th 06 12:07 AM
by James Saveker Go to last post
2 279
Downloading stops by Eric Furness
I am using RC2 5744. Nic is 3com 3c940. IE works fine. real fast. but windows email only gets a couple of messages then stops. It will sit for over an hour and get no more messages. Just the downloading message message. No error messages. Agent will download about 40 headers then just stop. Firefox will load about half a page then stop. All of these things worked ok in 5600. I tried...
October 13th 06 11:22 PM
by Eric Furness Go to last post
0 265
fixed router spi problem by TimeZone
if you are having problems with no internet on rc1 and mabey it will work on rc2 you need to change your routers ip adress. i had mine at 169.254.xxx.xxx for vpn pourpes and i changed my router to 172.254.xxx xxx and boom internet is now working so try it and see what happens
October 13th 06 05:33 PM
by TimeZone Go to last post
0 282
Internet connectivity by Mark
When I try to change from Public to Private the screen loc's up. No internet connection even direct to modem and resetting. Anyone had this?
October 13th 06 05:11 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 278
Internet Connectivity by Mark
RC1, no internet connectivity. Tried rebooting modem and US robotic router, and just direct modem, no luck. When I try to change Public to private the screen loc's up. Any one had this?
October 13th 06 05:10 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 261
Wireless NIC comes up "Local" only; cannot access VPN or Internet. by Edward Ray
How do you change the Wireless NIC settings to be "Local and Internet?" Thanks in advance! -- Edward Ray
October 13th 06 03:37 PM
by Gary Jones Go to last post
3 293
Network "Activity Animation" not working for Internet Connection by AllanF
Right-click on the Network Icon and turn on activity animation. The icon fashes when the LAN Connection is active, but not when the Internet Connection is active. I'm running RC1 5600, and using ethernet to my XBox 360, a USB Modem (dial-up) for Wireless Broadband, and a "software" modem in my laptop for regular Dial-Up Connection. The latter is set-up for internet-connection sharing from...
October 13th 06 01:49 PM
by AllanF Go to last post
0 266
How to share printers between Vista and XP by Jenny-72
To share printers across a network between Vista x64 and any other operating system do the following. Vista ------ Click Start Control Panel Hardware and Sound Printers Click on Add a printer Select Add a local printer Create a new port Local Port Click on Next Enter the port name for the network printer (i.e. \\Computer Name\Printer
October 13th 06 10:18 AM
by anon1 Go to last post
1 283
domain network mappings by Siggy
I am trying to set this up using native Vista tools. I have a laptop that I use daily on my client's network. I logon to it locally and then connect to the network via citrix client. on the laptop however I created some network mappings as I have info on about three different domains. Every morning my domain accounts used for this offline mapping are locked. on the xp partition I used mobile...
October 13th 06 06:17 AM
by Siggy Go to last post

From The