Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Default Admin Share C$ by Jimmy B
Sorry, this text got lost in the post some how. Explains how I did it... FYI, I was able to access C$ with Vista RC1. You have change some default settings like enabling Network Discovery and create a password for the user named "Administrator", then use the username Administrator and the password you set for it as the login when you access the machine remotely. So far I haven't been able to...
October 4th 06 01:57 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 519
Access to shares with specified credentials fails in every way by mauidan
I am unable to connect to *SOME* shares on the same machine OR from another machine when specifying credentials, with either NET USE /U or with the GUI map network drive command using another account. I get access denied errors. This is despite the fact that the account is in the Administrators group which has full control (both Share & NTFS permissions). However as soon as I add a specific...
October 4th 06 01:43 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 513
Connectivity between Linus (Debian) and Vista RC1 by Thorsten Graber
I tried to connect these two maschines without success. I recive no answer if i ping debian from vista and also no answer if i try the other way. With a third maschine ( Win XP pro ) there is no problem to ping and access vista and / or debian. It will be fine if anyone could help me thx a lot Thorsten
October 4th 06 12:51 PM
by AlbertTatlocksCap Go to last post
3 614
Vista +hotmail by WainSix
I cant log in to hotmail or anywhere else using IE or firefox in Vista. what can I do to get vista to open my hotmail. I tried to log in to many other sites too but cant log in anywhere. i can see normal sites that dont need logging in.
October 4th 06 12:40 PM
by WainSix Go to last post
0 387
network settings by Gábor
Hi! How can we share the internet in windows vista, if in the main computer there are 2 net card. The one connecting with the internet, the other one connecting with the other computer. What kind of approach can do, that this is working?
October 4th 06 11:17 AM
by Gábor Go to last post
0 349
Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2 by Trunklid ADG
What is their definition of "An update to the Windows Mobile Device Center will be available shortly on Windows Update." it has been weeks and they still have not done a thing to rectify this issue. "Chris S" wrote: New information from MS: Windows Vista Beta 2 features built-in support for Windows Mobile-powered devices for the very first time with the new Windows Mobile Device...
October 4th 06 08:34 AM
by Trunklid ADG Go to last post
0 342
cant connect to my doccuments on \\domaincontroller\users\users sh by IT PHYTOSAN
I can ping the server (SBS203) on my vista RC1 machine, but my documents are not available. I am connected to the server over a VPN. Thanks IT PHYTOSAN
October 4th 06 02:41 AM
by IT PHYTOSAN Go to last post
0 317
Logon to domain controler over VPN by IT PHYTOSAN
I am missing the checkbox "logon using dialup..." after pressing alt-ctrl-delete in Vista RC1. How do I logon to a domain controller over VPN? Thanks IT PHYTOSAN
October 4th 06 02:38 AM
by IT PHYTOSAN Go to last post
0 333
Logon to domain controller over VPN by IT PHYTOSAN
I am trying to logon to the domain controller (SBS 2003) over a VPN at logon using Vista RC1. Windows XP had a checkbox at logon that I am missing in Vista. How do I do this? Thanks IT PHYTOSAN
October 4th 06 02:36 AM
by IT PHYTOSAN Go to last post
0 389
Vista RC1 could not automaticaly resolve hostnames by Laurent Debacker
Hello, In the command prompt 'nslookup yahoo.com' works (it returns the IP address). Pinging that IP works. But 'ping yahoo.com' does not work. It directly says it could not resolve the hostname. Also MSIE can browse my router's website (IP specified), but could not browse the web (not DNS lookup). My LAN has a router (IPcop 1.3.0). I tried the following things: * DHCP with and without DNS...
October 4th 06 02:14 AM
by Gary Knight Go to last post
5 587
Blackberry Dialup connection interupts wireless connection by Leon Cutler
I have my blackberry 7130e setup to be used as a tethered modem when I am not at home, or work. But when I am using wireless, I keep getting taken offline, and the dialup box keeps popping up to connect through my phone. I went into internet explorer7 settings and changed my connection to "never dial-up" from "dial whenever an internet connection is not present". I have been using this for a...
October 4th 06 02:10 AM
by Leon Cutler Go to last post
0 363
Firewall - multi NIC but allow a service on only one NIC how to ? by James
Hello people, i have 3 NIC, and i wish allow only one exceptions (exemple: File and printer sharing) on only ONE NIC in XP it was really easy look screenshot
October 3rd 06 01:45 PM
by James Go to last post
0 323
vista can't connect network place by marco.ragogna
I had the same problem. I am trying to connect to share calendar in my LAN. The calendar is hosted by a PC mouting Apache with the webdav module installed. Every time that I am trying to connect to this local address, VISTA RC1 prompt a windows authentication form. How can I solve the problem? "canna" wrote:
October 3rd 06 06:37 AM
by marco.ragogna Go to last post
0 283
post failed by Brent Williams
post failed
October 3rd 06 01:49 AM
by Brent Williams Go to last post
0 299
Shares from USB hard drive not accessible by Brent Williams
I have tried to access VISTA shares on a 500GB and a 40GB USB drive from Windows XP Pro. Access fails with "Not enough server storage is available to process this command." VISTA shares on the local C: drive are accessible from XP - only shares on USB drives fail. I'm using VISTA RC1 updated through today. Shares on C: and the USB drives have save share and NTFS permissions. Ideas?
October 3rd 06 01:48 AM
by Brent Williams Go to last post
0 367
Xbox 360 media center extender with RC1 by Ice Cue
Here's my problem: Vista RC1 sees my xbox and when the setup wants to configure my 360, the 360 want s to connect to xbox live for a update, but then my 360 cant connect to live and if i shut down vista it can
October 2nd 06 07:38 PM
by Olaf Krause Go to last post
1 473
Ping Localhost Returns Invalid IP by Leightynet
I'm having trouble testing an ASP.net app on IIS7. In my application I'm testing the IP address of the host and acting on it. This test fails on Vista because the system is returning an invalid IP address for localhost. All 3 of the following commands return ::1 rather then 127.0.0.1 Ping...
October 2nd 06 04:51 PM
by Leightynet Go to last post
0 327
DFS - "Access denied" on folders by Nick Lee
NET USE I: \\DOMAIN.COM\IDRIVE I use the above statement in all logon scripts that are run by our users on our network, but under Windows Vista this does not appear to be successful, as when I access any of the folders in drive I: they all report "Access Denied". If however I map the drive using a server name instead (NET USE J: \\SERVER\IDRIVE) this is successful.
October 2nd 06 03:16 PM
by Nick Lee Go to last post
0 326
Asus P5W and Wifi with Vista by Craig
Hi, I want to know if it's possible to install the drivers for the WiFi ap module that came with my motherboard with Vista? Thanks.
October 2nd 06 02:55 PM
by Craig Go to last post
0 309
Random loss of internet (only IE & Mail) by Marauder
This problem still exists in RC1 5278 and I'm very surprised Vista is in RC stage when there are serious bugs like this. Loss of internet connectivity happens only in IE and Windows Mail at random times. Most occasions when it occurs, it will fix itself maybe some minutes later. Sometimes though a reboot is required. As I stated, it only happens in IE and Windows Mail. All other applications...
October 2nd 06 05:38 AM
by Gary Knight Go to last post

From The