Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Network Discovery by ab
Network Discovery said custom and when I try to turn it on it says Parameters are not correct. What gives with this. The Vista Laptop can see the printers on the desktop but will not access. When I try to print from the laptop it says printer spooler needs to be restarted.
February 25th 07 05:34 PM
by ab Go to last post
0 204
Networks on view by ab
We have just connected a laptop to a BT Home Hub. Having made a LAN connection, our desktop PC shows up but also another BT network named "Thompson". Although we don't have access to this network, we are a little concerned as to whether our network can be invaded. Advice would be appreciated, please.
March 30th 07 04:13 PM
by Gloria Boyer [MSFT] Go to last post
1 212
how to use paths to networked computers by AB
History on my question: A couple of months ago, my workgroup name used for many years (let's call it ABC) stopped working. I could access my networked computers by using their paths \\mylaptop\downloads but not their network name. I rebooted but it did not help. So I changed the workgroup name to ABC2 and it worked for 2 months up to today at 4 PM, when workgroup names were last used to share...
December 24th 08 08:23 AM
by Steve Winograd Go to last post
4 290
Two Wireless NICs - One stalls when other in use by [email protected]
OS: Vista 1) Two wireless network cards connected (both same make/model/driver Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO USB Adapter F5D9050UK) 2) Each connected to different G wireless network 3) Routes added: route -p add 216.196.109.131 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.254 route -p add 216.196.109.144 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.3.1
January 4th 08 07:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 167
Laptop Sony with windows Vista by abay
just purchase a new laptop sony with windows vista, but it will not detect wireless signal from a netgear router. Other PC's laptop & desktop with XP operating system are functioning very well. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks
May 27th 07 11:10 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 148
sharing the printer on an XP windows with laptop with VIsta by Abdul Rehman
Ther printers is printing but is not printing the correct contents of the file, it prints charachters like box or symbols etc.. Can you please help
May 19th 10 06:54 AM
by edwardswamp Go to last post
2 694
sharing the printer on an XP windows with laptop with VIsta by Abdul Rehman
Ther printers is printing but is not printing the correct contents of the file, it prints charachters like box or symbols etc.. Can you please help
February 23rd 10 12:13 AM
by Abdul Rehman Go to last post
0 259
Network discovery turns off after reboot (sometimes). by Abdul69
I have a home network with a Belkin wirless router / ADSL modem which three client machines connect to wirelessly (kid's, wife's and my work PC). In addition to my main work PC I have a secondary PC I also use for work that I have set up so that it is connected to the wireless network via my main PC. So the setup is: Router -- Air waves -- Kid's XP machine, Wif'e's Vista machine. Router...
May 11th 09 03:54 PM
by Abdul69 Go to last post
0 319
Error:Your power plan information isn`t available by AbdullaH J.
Hi all i have vista ultimate in a notebook anyway when i click the battery icon in the task bar & click more power option and the error appear Your power plan information isn`t available and i view windows help and support
July 26th 08 03:10 AM
by dmason508 Go to last post
1 176
Transfer files to VIsta from XP by Abe
Hi all, I have just got Vista Premium and am running XP Pro. I installed the lltd on XP and for some reason I still cant see either machine when they are shared out. I have other XP machines and can see the XP machines from my XP boxes but cant see the Vista machine nor can the Vista machine see any of the XP machines. I know this post has come up often but trying to figure out what is...
February 28th 07 06:12 PM
by Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\) Go to last post
2 246
Can you connect to a server like in Windows XP? by Abe Herbert (aka Vista Retarded)
I just upgraded to Vista and it's great but when I was using XP all I had to do was click Start, Network Places, and Add a Network Place, but now I can't find "Network Places" or anything. I was hoping that someone who knows how could tell me how to connect to my school's server as I did with XP.
June 22nd 07 12:45 AM
by Robert L [MVP - Networking] Go to last post
1 269
Unable to access vista share from wireless network by abh
Hi, I have a HP desktop with windows vista basic. I have setup it up to be on my home wireless network with PSK encryption. I can see my vista shares or public folders from my XP laptop on network. The problem happens when I lock the screen the vista I believe disconnects itself from the wireless network ergo other PCs are unable to see my vista shares. I did play around with power settings in...
July 16th 08 03:54 PM
by abh Go to last post
0 188
HELP! No internet when copying files from ethernet drive by ABH83
Hello everyone! I have a very strange problem and no one seems able to help. Here are some necessary specifications: Cable Modem: Arris CM450 Router: Linksys Wireless-G Router WRT54GL (DD-WRT software) Firmwa DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) std - build 12548M NEWD Eko
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 09 08:57 PM
by ABH83[_8_] Go to last post
16 360
Autoconfigure ipv4 by abibbas
I have a dell machine configured with a static ip address, but when I first boot up I have no internet connection. If I look at the status of my connection I will see an address assigned by autoconfiguration and my own static address. If I do a reset the autoconfig will go away, and everthing will work. How do I disable the ipv4 autoconfiguration?
February 27th 08 09:18 AM
by bitylin Go to last post
4 211
Windows 7 networking is too smart for its own good. by Abomb
I have a xp machine that i can ping from my W7 box. I cannot ping from xp to W7. This would mean firewall, disabled firewall, no luck. Disable windows security, no luck. W7 can get to the internet. Why cant I ping from xp to W7?
January 21st 09 02:40 AM
by Abomb Go to last post
1 207
Probleem met speedtouch 716 en gedeelde mappen by Abracadabra
Met mijn Vista Laptop kan ik niet de gedeelde mappen draadloos benaderen van mijn XP desktop pc. Andersom lukt het wel, dus van XP naar Laptop. Dat is ook het geval als ik mijn laptop aansluit op het modem met een gewone ethernetkabel. Ook kan ik met mijn laptop de gedeelde mappen op mijn desktop pc gewoon benaderen als ik mijn speedtouch 716 modem vervang door een oud linksys modem. Wat...
April 21st 08 06:20 PM
by wim Go to last post
2 254
64Bit Vista - Discovery Turns Off by Abram
Vista Home Premium, Network Discovery turns off at every reboot. Any ideas on a fix?
May 31st 09 03:47 PM
by Abram Go to last post
0 298
Limitations on Vista Starter by Abreu
I've just acquired a laptop to use, unfortunatelly it comes with Starter Edition, and I need to run a program that access a dbf database that is on another computer running Windows XP/2000 with no sucess. Some pages in the web says that Starter Edition has network limitations. Which are the limitations of network in Vista Starter Edition?? Has any limitation that prevent me to use single...
September 13th 07 06:18 PM
by Eric Cross [MVP] Go to last post
1 177
Frequently unable to get an IP via DHCP with Vista by AC [MVP MOSS]
My Vista Ultimate laptop is unable to get an IP via DHCP frequently... both with my home router and when on the road in hotels, coffee shops, etc. I am certain it's not the router for multiple reasons. My router issues IPs via DHCP to multiple clients (Windows 2003, Windows XPPro, Windows XP MCE, Windows 2000, Sony PSP, phones, Tivos... you name it) both physical or virtualized clients. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 07 09:16 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
19 414
only 1 way connection between vista and xp machine? by acastruc
I recently bought a laptop running Vista. My desktop is running XP. Both are connected to the internet ok, through a linksys wireless router (well XP uses cable, laptop uses wireless). I enabled file/printer sharing on the xp and laptop and shared a folder on each. On the XP box I can see the vista laptop machine and access the shared folder no problem using a user name + password. However...
October 14th 07 03:03 PM
by Robert L \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The