Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Limited Connectivity by josegee
So here's my problem, I have two pc's an XP and a Vista Home Premium. My XP NEVER has any problems connecting to my router/internet, wired, while my other PC, Vista(which is also wired), works but it will ocassionally give me the "Limited Connectivity" icon and the ONLY way it will work is if I unistall the driver from the Drivers Manager. Sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times for it to work. And...
June 18th 09 08:20 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 322
DVD Libary WMC Vista Displays Movies Twice by Rob
I have all my movies ripped to an external drive attached to my Vista computer. I connect via Wireless N to my Linksys DMA2200 extender that I have connected HDMI to my Vizio TV. I've made the registry hack to display my movies in the DVD Library. I've downloaded and installed Media Center Links that creates mpeg symbolic links for my movies (VOB files). This works well. Here's how my...
June 18th 09 05:54 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 316
Application Data Folder Network Redirection Problems by MichaelFaulkner
Office 2007 application data folders (including templates, Outlook signatures, etc.), are redirected to the user's network share by GPO settings. This is *not* using Folder Redirection, but by setting User Shell Folders registry keys. Same as our previous XP. Looks like I could of used the Folder Redirection GPO options for better control. But can't look back now! "Randomly", users...
June 17th 09 10:38 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 352
New Share not reliable by DHK[_2_]
My client is having difficulties sharing files between two computers. The ‘server’ PC is running Vista Ultimate SP1 and the ‘client’ is running Vista Business SP1. Access to files in a subfolder under the built-in Users share seem normal. However, when I setup a new folder directly off the C:\ drive and shared it, files and folders are not reliably accessible from another PC....
June 15th 09 01:00 PM
by DHK[_2_] Go to last post
5 399
Vista Wireless Network Lag/Spikes by yee
www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101910 So basically, I get random spikes and lag every 30 to 60 seconds (sometimes even less) on a wireless connection in Vista. Does anyone know how to fix it? Online gaming is almost impossible, especially in WC3 (apparently it's a lag-fest when I host) Apparently, Windows looks for a new access point every 30-60 seconds, thus giving me the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 15th 09 12:30 AM
by brianm Go to last post
26 1,115
I don't get "Vista" by ng_reader
Alright, that's a little vague. Two shared printers off 2 computers running XP. One notebook running Vista that can print fine to one shared printer but not the other. The one it *can* print to is hardwired to the network, the one in *cannot* isn't. But, that's not the problem. The notebook "sees" the printer share just fine. Just trying to connect or run the setup wizard ultimately leads...
June 14th 09 06:52 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
7 379
Can't connect to a wireless router? by Evanfire3000
Hi there, I just bought Windows Vista Home Basic to use on a MacBook, and created a partition using a program called BootCamp, which allows the use of Mac OS X as well as Windows XP or Vista. I installed Vista and was excited to use it but then I was unable to connect to the wireless router in my house. I'm not sure why, but the Mac OS X part of my computer is using the internet through the...
June 13th 09 10:57 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 413
Access is denied ( to remote shared PC folder) by Mike[_44_]
I have a Windows PC which I can't access from my Vista PC. I get a message xxxxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Access is denied I saw somewhere that the following Egistry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa should set to 0 I have done it on both PC's but it doen't help.
June 13th 09 04:43 PM
by Luis Armelin Go to last post
3 371
Neither Firefox/IE8 connects to internet by adong
Hi, I recently have had a problem with my laptop. Its basically a week old with vista home premium x64. When it had updated to IE8, the browser was unable to connect. So then i reverted back to firefox which had no problems. But now, firefox was updated, and I dont have any browsing capabilities. I can ping sites and also use IM. I've been looking around, but I can't seems to find a...
June 12th 09 09:58 PM
by lukeroberts Go to last post
2 345
Vista Connection Problem by Charles MacLean[_2_]
I can't get my Vista Ultimate workstation to stay connected to one of our domain controllers. After a boot I can access this Windows Server 2003 R2 DC for about an hour and after that if I click on the DC it tells me I'm not authorized. This DC is on our LAN but I don't have an account on it. I have no problem with Windows XP machine clients accessing and staying connected to this DC with...
June 12th 09 01:32 PM
by Charles MacLean[_2_] Go to last post
0 293
ms access problem in windows vista home premium by solomon07in
I have an applicatoin which is installed on two differrent computers(client and server) which runs on Windows home premium and there is an MDB file which is shared to client computer but a weird thing happens, the user who entered the information in one computer(client computer) does not show up in another computer(server) vice-versa. When I go into the client computer and see the database file...
June 11th 09 11:05 PM
by solomon07in[_2_] Go to last post
2 403
Where is the Network Setup Wizard? by Trakker
I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in Vista? I have never seen an operating system so complicated as Vista. In XP I go to Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the page is Network Setup Wizard. No such item on my new HP Slimline s7700n computer. I've never had a problem setting up a network in 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Now I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 09 08:38 PM
by cindy.tc[_3_] Go to last post
11 499
Using Printer shared by XP guest account by peter6c13
I have connected a HP color laser printer with Windows XP SP2 Guest account is enabled with password protected. In windows vista Enterprise SP1 , I type \\machine name and type userid and password as follows User: Guest Password: prefeined password Save the user name and password in user's Vista machine. I can find printers shared bby XP.
June 11th 09 07:01 PM
by nso5300 Go to last post
1 316
Removing a Network Location by SJSU Email
When I try to remove a network location from My Network Locations, Vista hangs up and I have to go to the device manager to shut it down. How do I remove it successfully? Thanks.
June 11th 09 04:32 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
3 316
request NEW ip address by honza
Hello, i changed DHCP reservation for my PC on broadband router, (from my_mac=192.168.1.100 to my_mac=192.168.1.222) but computer still recive old IP. reset network adapter, restart computer or ipconfig /release /renew does not useful, and my PC still requesting old IP address. problem is in DHCP DISCOVER message - there is configuration option 50 - "RequestedIPAddress" with value of old...
June 11th 09 02:54 PM
by Bookman Go to last post
2 775
Network Adapter Failure by Rebecca2442
So i got a brand new hard drive and hooked it up and put vista on it. however its saying my only way to connect to the internet is dial up. i have a broad band card and wireless wifi card but its saying i cant use it to create an internet connection. how can i fix this so i can use the internet???? possibly without having to replace any cards. --
June 11th 09 02:01 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
2 331
Internet sharing between XP and Vista via bluetooth. by Chirantan
I want to share my internet connection(DLS-Airtel connection) between my desktop(XP- as the host) and laptop(vista- as client) using bluetooth. Anybody has any idea how to go about it? thnx in advance chirantan
June 11th 09 01:41 PM
by alpha2k Go to last post
4 366
Access Denied errors on home network by Rowan Bradley
I need a better understanding of how Vista security works. My home network consists of 2 Vista PCs plus various routers, access points etc. One of the Vista PCs is my work notebook, which I move backwards and forwards to work twice a day. At work it belongs to the domain SSK.LOCAL, and I don't want to have the hassle of moving it out of this domain and into a workgroup, and back again, every...
June 11th 09 12:18 AM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
4 320
Vista shared file visibility from XP machine, the sequel by HustlingHare
I got a squirelly mangled window in trying to reply to the kind person who answered my question. The answer didn't solve the problem so far as I implemented it (I think I got it right). I set up both machines with identical accounts, passwords, and types on both machines rebooted a couple of times and still got the same error msg. The folder is the C:\users\user_name folder for one of...
June 10th 09 10:40 PM
by HustlingHare Go to last post
0 315
Network Level Authentication by Sam
Has anyone used the Network Level Authentication between Vista Ultimate and XP? I've checked the "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure)" checkbox. I then entered the users to connect. Both computers are in a workgroup environment. I also downloaded the Remote Desktop client 6.0 for...
June 10th 09 02:17 PM
by spectreshadow99 Go to last post

From The