Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
WMP11 and network issues by Beakerman
I have a Precision 690 Xeon 3.0/2GB memory 160 GB hard drive and Vista RC1 with all updates installed. I am happy and working along fine when I don't have WMP 11 open after opening WMP 11 my network connection for outlook and all other network dependent programs lose there ability to connect. I used the IE7 detect problem and it said that it couldn't contact my DNS server. I checked the logs...
September 26th 06 06:49 PM
by Beakerman Go to last post
2 627
Joining 2k3 Domain Active Dir by WebGuyMark
Help I get the message: "An active directory domain controller for the tomain foo.com could not be contacted" Ensure that the domain name is typed correctly"
September 26th 06 04:25 AM
by Montreal MCT Go to last post
2 561
Spooler Network Printer Problem by Georgio
Impossible to install printer over wireless network. I receive a message something like that: "Windows cannot connect to the printer. The server print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler on the server or restart the server machine." Do Microsoft people bother to peruse this Site?
September 26th 06 02:53 AM
by Desert ratt Go to last post
1 606
Joining 2k3 Domain by WebGuyMark
I have just installed Vista RC1 on a laptop and have been successful in connecting to the internet...and am configured on teh WORKGROUP domain. I brought the computer back into the the office and have attempted to change to the company domain, and get the message: "The active directory domain controller for the domain foo.com could not be contacted. Ensure that the domain name is typed...
September 25th 06 08:27 PM
by news.microsoft.com Go to last post
2 563
Cannot Access Selected Websites? by Georgio
Certain Websites cannot be accessed? Why? Most webpages download normally. But for some unscrutable reason some Web sites seem unreachable? Here in the UK, for instance, I cannot access Savastore.com?
September 25th 06 03:15 PM
by Noozer Go to last post
1 540
Sharing LAN internet with PAN by sgrueber
I have been trying all night to share an internet connection (accessed by transparent proxy on LAN) with my PAN network (Bluetooth - Personal Area Network). There is no option to share the LAN internet connection with the PAN network. Is there any way I can do this?
September 25th 06 11:25 AM
by sgrueber Go to last post
0 544
Remote Desktop to Windows 2003 Server Problem by Peder T
Hi I'm trying to administrate the users on my DC through a Remote Desktop Connection. I can change any properties I like on a user but when I then try to reset the password it pops up an AD error message saying that "Windows cannot complete the password change for User Name because: The system cannot find the file specified." Any clues????
September 25th 06 09:25 AM
by Peder T Go to last post
0 560
Request for a Simple Step-By-Step Guide to Networking Vista and XP by tomorrows_man
So far, I have not found a clear answer to this question anywhere, so I will try to request one he I have four machines in my home network connected through a Belkin router. Two machines are wired, two wireless. Three are running XP, one is now running Vista RC1. The Vista machine is wired. When all four machines were on the workgroup "COSTELLO," they could all see/share with each...
September 25th 06 02:46 AM
by CElliott Go to last post
2 656
Internet connectivity issue by Garsty
So here's the issue I've run into both on RC1 and the public beta from earlier... I connect up to my network fine, pull an ip, able to browse shares and such, can even ping web sites but when opening Internet Explorer and trying to actually browse, the computer fails to find the site. I even see the browser status bar acknowledge a dns lookup by telling me the external ip of the page it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 06 11:23 PM
by Slaton Go to last post
17 955
University Wireless won't connect by Brad
I am currently a student at DePaul University, trying to connect to their wireless internet. I could do it fine before I upgraded to Vista. I am getting the following errors from the Aventail site when I try to log in. - ActiveX not enabled - Don't think it's this because I enabled it and it asks me if it is ok to run the ActiveX when I try to connect - Java not enabled - No Java Virtual...
September 24th 06 06:54 PM
by Brad Go to last post
1 649
University Wireless won't connect by Brad
I am currently a student at DePaul University trying to connect to the wireless internet provided by the school. I just upgraded to Vista two or three days ago and the wireless no longer connects. I wasn't having any problems with it before I upgraded. Now when I try to log in with my login and password, I get the following errors on the Aventail page: - ActiveX not enabled - I don't think...
September 24th 06 06:49 PM
by Brad Go to last post
0 540
broadcom wlan problem by RobinLuo
I use hp nx6125 notebook.Installed broadcom wireless driver by default.and updated drivers to 2006/8/21. But my wirless adapter is not working. Windows network diagostics result: turn on wirelss capability This can be done by switch.which is usually found on front or side of the computer...... But I have turn on wirless radio button on keyboad... any sugesstion??
September 24th 06 05:31 AM
by RobinLuo Go to last post
0 837
I dint see my other computers on the network by Insight Driver
I had the same issue with a complete wipe of hard drive, reinstall of XP in one partition and Vista in another. I no longer could see the other computers on my network. I went through all the sharing stuff and help files. Tonight, I found the problem. I have a Netgear FR114P Cable/DSL ProSafe Firewall, 4-port switch. I logged onto my switch and wrote down all my settings for the other...
September 24th 06 05:15 AM
by Insight Driver Go to last post
0 522
Vista Ultimate... Multiple domains under IIS? by Noozer
So, is the Ultimate version of Windows Vista just as cripped as XP Pro when it comes to IIS? Can I host multiple domains (subdomains, actually) in Vista?
September 23rd 06 07:47 PM
by Noozer Go to last post
0 576
Adding Vista RC1 to an NT4 Domain by johndcalhoun
I am unable to add Vista RC1 to an NT4 Domain. The username (a Domain Admin account) keeps getting locked out when I try to use it to add the Vista pc. Here is what I have tried: 1-Under Security Policy, change to LM and NTLM- use NTLMV2 sesstion security... 2- Using the Wizard to join the domain 3- Using various username configurations, username;domain\username;username@domain Same result,...
September 23rd 06 07:02 PM
by johndcalhoun Go to last post
0 529
Connection problems by Darren
I use a Edimax EW7128g to connect to a edimax routher AR7064g. In Vista the router is recongised, however no matter what I try I cannot get it to coonect to the net. The message I get is that it local access only. Any suggestion as to how I can solve tthis problem. -- Darren
September 23rd 06 06:09 PM
by Darren Go to last post
0 561
Connection to the net by Darren
I currently use awireless card an Edimax ew7128g which goes through to a router model Edimax AR7064g. In Vista the card picks up the router. However no matter how I try I cannot get the router to connect to my broadband/interenet. It just shows local access only. These work fine in XP. Anybody got any suggestions. -- Darren
September 23rd 06 06:05 PM
by Darren Go to last post
0 538
DNS error by jon
I have Vista setup and everything seems to be functioning properly. I have setup the network since I have a Linksys Wireless G 2.4GHz WRT54GS and I can connect to the internet except for any msn sites and google.ca. I believe it to be DNS error. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue, but no luck. Typical pages like torontosun.com display properly but msn.ca will not...
September 23rd 06 02:30 PM
by jon Go to last post
0 578
File Sharing - Other pcs able to delete files by Cornflakes
I shared out a test folder with a txt document in it (this is on the desktop with vista) Then i went to my laptop and browsed to the file (which i could see) I hit delete from my laptop and was able to delete it. Now on xp when you shared a file on 1 pc and accessed it from another pc you weren't able to delete the file you can only open it and view it
September 23rd 06 12:49 PM
by Mr.Nobody Go to last post
2 543
Mac doesn't show up in Network explorer or browse by DougK
After installing RC1 and making some changes in security policy suggested in a different post: FROM VISTA: The Mac (OS X 10.4) does not show up in the Network explorer window or behind the Browse button in the Map Network Drive dialog. I can nonetheless map a folder on the Mac by typing the full path to the folder (eg \\mac\docs) and providing account and password. FROM MAC: The Vista...
September 23rd 06 10:43 AM
by Robert Moir Go to last post

From The