Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Running Virtual Server R2 on Windows Vista RC Loopback problems by Mauro Servienti
Hi all, I've installed Vista RC1 (build 5600) on my notebook, I've now installed Virtual Server R2 and as usual I've tried to connect the host os (vista) to the guest os (in my case windows server 2003) via the loopback adapter everything works fine except that as the network drivers of the guest os bring up the main network adapter of the host os stops working... saying "limited...
September 11th 06 02:57 PM
by Mauro Servienti Go to last post
0 663
Connectivity Linux (Debian Sarge ) Vista RC1 by Thorsten Graber
I tried to connect these two maschines without success. There is no way to ping from vista to debian or from debian to vista. On a third maschine ( Windows XP pro ) its no problem to ping debian and / or vista. Windows Firewall on the vista maschine is disabled. Has anyone an idea whats going on? Thx Thorsten
September 11th 06 11:06 AM
by Thorsten Graber Go to last post
1 601
Can't change TCP/IP settings by Blackhole
I'm getting limited or no connectivity to my network in Windows Vista RC1 build 5600. To fix this, I have to configure my TCP/IP settings the way my ISP told me (with a specific IP address and subnet). I go to "manage network connections", right click my LAN connection (which has limited or no connectivity) and select properties. Then I click on TCP/IP v4 but I can't click properties to get...
September 10th 06 10:56 PM
by Blackhole Go to last post
0 597
Can't change my TCP/IP settings by Blackhole
I'm getting limited or no connectivity to my network in Windows Vista RC1 build 5600. To fix this, I have to configure my TCP/IP settings the way my ISP told me (with a specific IP address and subnet). I go to "manage network connections", right click my LAN connection (which has limited or no connectivity) and select properties. Then I click on TCP/IP v4 but I can't click properties to get...
September 10th 06 10:53 PM
by Blackhole Go to last post
0 656
No internet access and SPI router incompatibility by Josh
It's not fixed as of Pre-RCI 5536
September 10th 06 03:38 PM
by Michael Crouch Go to last post
3 536
Internet Connection Problem by l33t
When I start up the system, it doesn't detect a network or I can't see a network at all. There is two red X's over the internet connection icon as well. Apparently, my network card isn't working? Or I'm not very sure. I tried to install the driver to the NIC but that was unsuccessful. Are there any ideas of how to go about this issue? Do you think it would help if I were to purchase a new...
September 10th 06 03:32 PM
by l33t Go to last post
0 581
Internet Connection Problem by l33t
When I start up the system, I can't even detect a network or see a network. There are two red X's on the internet connection icon. Apparently my ethernet card isn't detecting or I'm not sure. I try to install the driver to it but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas of how to go about this issue?
September 10th 06 03:29 PM
by l33t Go to last post
0 612
Vista 5600 can't see machines outside workgroup... by Markctpr
I just upgraded my machine from 5472 to 5600 and have some weird network problems. My PC is in a network workgroup on my home network but I need to access machines in the domain at my office. My home network is connected to the office using IPSEC tunnel on my home router which seems to be working just fine. Despite having access to machines in that network and subscribing to the domain...
September 10th 06 02:39 PM
by Markctpr Go to last post
2 562
Wireless by dash69
I have seen this problems, too. I recently installed Vista and immdiately I noticed that the wireless router constantly restarts or resets every few minutes. My kids complained all the time becuase they need an always-on connection to play online games. The temporary solution I found was to disable Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver, Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder, and...
September 9th 06 10:48 PM
by Frank Go to last post
5 759
ICS Difficulties by Jeff Geer
I have experienced the same issue with RC1. I re-installed the OS twice and found that I couldn't get it to work as in XP Pro SP2. My work-around has been to reverse the connection from my computer to the internet (broadband) with the connection from my computer to the router. For some reason, this works. Jeff
September 9th 06 05:03 PM
by Jeff Geer Go to last post
0 545
internet connection timeouts by Invent
hello after sucessfully installing Vista on my computer i noticed that internet connection is acting weird. current setup is medium lan network (20 workstations) Cisco 831 Router D-link 24 port switch Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit ethernet NIC
September 9th 06 05:08 AM
by jeff Go to last post
3 698
error 733 on netbeui and ipx/spx on windows 2000 pro by tomtom via WindowsKB.com
for some reason everytime that i dial in to my dialup connection i get a connection to the remote computer but it tells me that my netbeui and ipx/spx had an error 733 stating that they could not corospond or agree with the remote computer can someone please help on figureing out how to fix this problem i have already unistalled these protcols and reinstalled them but im still havein the problem...
September 8th 06 11:36 PM
by tomtom via WindowsKB.com Go to last post
0 580
WMI EnableStatic not work in Vista by Eric
I have a function to switch network from DHCP to static, the function works fine in XP but not work in Vista, the return is 0 = no error, but there is nothing changed in Vista, any help are welcome, I am using VS.net 2003 + latest SDK Thanks! Eric int SetStaticIP() { IWbemLocator *pLocator = NULL; IWbemServices *pNamespace = 0;
September 8th 06 04:22 PM
by Eric Go to last post
4 611
Help fixing Event ID: 7000 by Beau Elliott
Hey guys, I am running RC1 build 5600 and I have a problem with trying to start terminal services, telephony, and windows firewall. Every time I try to manually start them, I get an error that reads: "A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in...
September 8th 06 03:46 PM
by Beau Elliott Go to last post
0 557
Networked Folder in XP Not Showing Up in Vista by naters22
I upgraded from XP to RC1, I had a mapped networked folder on a SQL server that wasn't a part of the active directory that I am a part of, which could easily still be seen, searched, and used under XP. Now, I can't connect at all to the server in Vista. It won't show up in the network discovery and I can't browse to it either. I can, however, look it up in Internet Explorer (using the IP...
September 8th 06 01:47 PM
by naters22 Go to last post
0 523
Build 5536: Can't get netowrk sharing/discovery working by Fredtwd
Everything was working fine with public Beta 2. After installing build 5536 I can no longer see any of the Windows XP computers in the same workgroup (nor can they see the Vista computer). Here's what is set: 1) All the computers have the same workgroup (yes I am sure). 2) In the Network and Sharing Panel:
September 7th 06 11:11 PM
by Fredtwd Go to last post
4 553
Being a member of a workgroup and domain at the same time by xfile
Hi, Not a computer expert but I was wondering for why it is nearly impossible for an XP or Vista system to be a member of workgroup and a domain at the same time, or just I don't know how? It would be really nice if we could just switch back and forth without changing My Computer properties and reboot and so on. For example, at office, my laptop is a member of the domain, and when I
September 7th 06 10:32 PM
by xfile Go to last post
2 674
Trouble with logging into to secure wireless hotspots by danleach
I'm running the pre RC-1 code on a Toshiba R-15 tablet. Life it good in general. Loggin into open wireless hotpots is smooth. But when I try to log on to a secure wireless hotspot, the connection fails to authenticate. It looks like it's about to make the hook, but then pops to the "cannot connect" error message. Feels like a new security setting in Windows or IE is not allowing this...
September 7th 06 05:12 PM
by danleach Go to last post
0 560
Sorry about the dupe posts. by [email protected]
-- ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 3 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ----------------------------------------------
September 7th 06 02:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 579
Network Security Key by FcoChapa
I wrongly type a Security Code for one of our Wireless Routers, does any one knows how to change the Security Key or Delete it from the Network List.
September 6th 06 09:44 PM
by FcoChapa Go to last post

From The