Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Movado Watch Band by [email protected]
Men's Genuine Italian Leather Watchband - Color Black Size: 18mm Watch Band Price:$20.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000RNK9WE Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000RNK9WE ESQ by Movado Women's Cassandra Interchangeable Band Watch Set #07101271 Price:$495.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001JP5KP0
May 21st 09 03:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 350
Reebok Ankle Weights by [email protected]
Reebok Adjustable Ankle Weight - 10 lbs. Price:$21.49 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000VDTDGS Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000VDTDGS Reebok Ankle Weights Set of 2 - 6 lbs. Price:$15.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000VT2SB4
May 21st 09 02:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 334
printer sharing in Vista by Chip Shapiro[_3_]
I am going to be setting up a home network with two Vista computer. I know that each machine should have the same user account to make this easier. Question. Does the same user account have to be logged on to both machines, or can the machine without the printer be logged on with another name as long as the same user account exists on both machines? Hope this makes sense. Thanks
May 19th 09 07:59 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 306
cannot communicate with DNS server by raven120461[_2_]
Hi to all. Merry Christmas! I'm a newbie here and need ur help regarding my internet connection which is becoming slow lately. I checked my wireless network connection status and the connection speed is only 54.0 Mbps but i think it was 100 Mbps. I clicked diagnose and a message says - "cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did...
May 19th 09 07:31 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
6 472
Accessing Router set up utility using Vista Home Premium with IE 7 by Troy
have been unable to access my Router set up remotely since using a laptop running Vista Home Premium and IE 7. Linsys support says it is a IE 7 issue. Did not have a problem with remote access runnign IE 6 on a XP Pro machine. Any suggestions?
May 19th 09 04:27 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
8 425
3G add hoc network by radicalmit
Hello, I have a 3g modem card, which i can surf of without a problem, i am traveling a lot, i would like to connect my ipod and or xbox to my vista portable 64 Ultimate. I have tried to setup a ad hoc network, which i can make my ipod connect to my vista machine but i not route out of my vista machine. I have allowed the 3G connection to be shared, via the proprerties,
May 19th 09 09:02 AM
by radicalmit Go to last post
0 336
On remote Vista computers, some files just don't show up by David Deley
On remote Vista computers I am able see only 99.3% of the files. Some files just don't show up. All files are under the "Public" directory. Out of 66,524 files and 12,881 directories, 99 files don't show up, and 3 complete directories don't show up. I searched Google and all I found are other people with the same problem. No one has an explanation for it. It's very consistent. I repeated...
May 18th 09 05:23 PM
by David Deley Go to last post
0 340
Connect my xbox 360 Elit to my vista pc by raze5115
Hi everybody I can't get my xbox 360 Elite to connect to my Windows Vista Ultimate x64 pc with WMC. It is a Compaq Presario SR5710F. It has a Nvidia Nforce Motherboard. It has a AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor. It has Norton 360 All In One v2.0. I have my xbox 360 connected to my pc's RJ-45 jack with a ethernet cable. I've tried everything I could think of. Any help will do.
May 17th 09 06:20 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
7 422
Vista64, Canon i960 ... yes AND no? by BobSongs
Here's the issue. -*Please forgive the lengthy text*-, but I didn't want to leave out necessary details. A *Canon i960* printer was connected directly to this Vista64 machine (HP). The printer test *worked perfectly*, etc. All running well. Then the Vista64 PC was *moved *to another area in the house that would not support a spot for the printer. So, the printer was attached to a *WindowsXP...
May 15th 09 08:19 PM
by BobSongs Go to last post
7 310
System Event Log by Traci[_2_]
My computer decided to give me the lovely error of "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service Service.....As an adiminstrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond." I have found some good information in the forums that I am going to try to resolve this since it happended after loading updates but I can not see to...
May 15th 09 06:43 PM
by Jostein Klemmetsrud Go to last post
1 294
How to ... Copy Old Profile to my New Profile ? by ultraxmode
Hi! First Post in this Forum so... I'm here! I had a Domain named "DOMAIN" hosted in a Windows 2003 Server. This Server died for some reason (hardware failure) and its place took a brand NEW Windows 2003 Server (completely new hardware), so the Active Directory changed too ! In this situation, I have a Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit PC which is
May 15th 09 12:20 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
1 292
Access to account files by Klassickoi
Hi, I cannot access my user account files on my laptop via my PC, I can access the public folder, and other folders on the laptop but not User account, It is not password protected. It is probably something quite simple, any help appreciated. O/S Vista Home Premium on PC and Vista Business on Laptop.
May 14th 09 11:31 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
5 335
Vista mapped drive problem by Charles MacLean
I have mapped a network drive to a domain controller other than the DC that my machine account belongs to. Both DCs are running Windows 2003 Server. Right after I boot everthing works great but after some time I am denied access to the mapped drive on the foreign DC. I get a message that their is a possible security problem. I can't even remove the mapping and re-map the network drive. ...
May 14th 09 08:23 PM
by Charles MacLean Go to last post
0 273
Files shared not updating by jerbeers
I have two Vista computers. I have a folder shared on one and have mapped a drive on the other to that shared folder. I can see the files and open them, but when I update a file on the server, I don't see the newer version on the client. It seems like it is caching the initial version and not seeing any changes.
May 14th 09 07:21 PM
by jerbeers Go to last post
0 269
Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found by A Baffled User
My HP Pavilion a6250t desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 is attached to an HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer running Windows XP SP3 via a Linksys WRT54G router. The desktop is attched via ethernet cable to port no. 1 on the router, and the notebook is attached to port no. 2. I have been set up the same way for over a year, and everything has always been fine. Last...
May 14th 09 04:57 PM
by athens71 Go to last post
4 367
help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC? by LunaMoon
I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it. I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack file. It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC, when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open for RDP port. But the moment when I move out of my...
May 14th 09 04:17 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
6 470
Driver for Vista with Intel pro wireless 2200BG by nicu
Hi I have just installed Vista Ulitmate 32-bit. I have a 4 year old Toshiba Sattelite ProM30 with a Intel pro wireless 2200BG network Connection installed. It came with XP Pro. For some reason I can not find the right driver anywhere I have tried Intel's home page "Wireless LAN Driver Portal" but without any luck. Hope somebody can help me I have spent way to much time allready. --
May 14th 09 12:59 PM
by Eric Cross Go to last post
3 357
User Accounts by topcat
I have 2 user accounts on each of 2 Vista PC's. Is there a way to mak one the default so I don't have to click it when the PC re-boots?
May 14th 09 12:36 PM
by topcat Go to last post
2 297
Default Directories by topcat
Now that I can access documents on my Main PC from my Laptop, is there a way to set the default directories for Word & Excel on my Laptop to get files from my Main PC?
May 14th 09 11:47 AM
by topcat Go to last post
2 307
Vista Home version - PPTP - RDP by Scott D
I have a machine that I can properly PPTP into my network, but cannot RDP or map a drive to any server on the remote network. Not sure what's going on...I can ping them all successfully and I can also RDP from my Professional version with no problem. Wondering if it's a Home Edition problem...anyone seen this? Thanks a million for any help!! Was this post helpful to you?
May 14th 09 04:25 AM
by Scott D Go to last post

From The